Soda Card and Johnny Rockets

This may sound like a weird question, but if you have the soda card and you go to Johnny Rockets (or other restaurant you have to pay for) can you bring a soda with you or will you be required to buy one there?

This may sound like a weird question, but if you have the soda card and you go to Johnny Rockets (or other restaurant you have to pay for) can you bring a soda with you or will you be required to buy one there?

Yes, you can bring a soda. You can also use your soda package to get a soda at restaurants.

I don't see why you couldn't, but if you have the soda package you can just order one there and it is included in your package. There isn't a need to fill your cup and bring it with you.

I don't see why you couldn't, but if you have the soda package you can just order one there and it is included in your package. There isn't a need to fill your cup and bring it with you.

Unless you want one of the special concoctions from the soda machine - that would be a reason to bring your own cup.

Just a few things to remember:

- Johnny Rockets do not have the freestyle machines, so if you would like one of those specific soda combos (like a Vanilla Barq's Root Beer - yum!), you might want to get that first. (EDIT: Actually, after I typed this, I remembered they DID have flavored sodas last time we were in one, so while there is no Freestyle machine, they may very well be able to get you a flavored version of you favorite soda.)

- I believe (I could be wrong on this one) that the servers will not fill up a Soda Package "Glass" - the one you get with the package. I believe for sanitation reasons, they bring you the soda in a separate glass, though you could certainly pour it into your glass yourself.

- Milk shakes are NOT covered under any drink package, so if you want a shake at JR's, it will cost you.

Have fun! :)

Edited by marklodi

While the soda package works fine in Johnny Rockets, officially Barq's Root Beer and Pibb X-tra are not included.

The explanation was that the soda package works only with beverages served in other outlets.

Was on Vision last week and they had even moved there to only include 500ml water bottles and not the 1 liter that had been reported earlier. Nothing else in a bottle or can was included.

I always get the soda package and take it to johnny rockets and get a coke with my meal. They only have the basic sodas though. no free style machine in JR

i saw there is a $5 charge for ships with J rockets, my question is is it $5 and then order what you like or is it $5 and ala carte?

It's $5.95 now, and it includes all your food. Only drinks and shakes are extra.

While the soda package works fine in Johnny Rockets, officially Barq's Root Beer and Pibb X-tra are not included.

The explanation was that the soda package works only with beverages served in other outlets. quote]

On the Liberty 2 weeks ago, both kids ordered the Root Beer and it was not extra. We also asked our waiter about the kids coming there with soda cards and getting it when not dining there and we were told no problem (which DS did several times while hanging out at Fuel).