Which cruise line?

My husband and I are looking to take a 4-5 day cruise and I need help picking a line as we've only been on Carnival a few times and Norwegian once.

About us...

-30 years old

-2 small children (they are not coming)

-Looking to relax and reconnect

-Cruise destination/departure location is not important, but we'd prefer 2 stops

-We don't mind a dress up dinner but we are more casual people in general

-As we are leaving our children at home, we'd probably prefer a cruise without a ton of children, but we also don't want to end up on a seniors cruise

-Although this may make us sound boring, our last cruise was a 7 day Carnival cruise from Miami, and we found it to be much louder and crazier than we would prefer.

What line or location do you think suits us? Thanks for your input!

My husband and I are looking to take a 4-5 day cruise and I need help picking a line as we've only been on Carnival a few times and Norwegian once.

About us...

-30 years old

-2 small children (they are not coming)

-Looking to relax and reconnect

-Cruise destination/departure location is not important' date=' but we'd prefer 2 stops

-We don't mind a dress up dinner but we are more casual people in general

-As we are leaving our children at home, we'd probably prefer a cruise without a ton of children, but we also don't want to end up on a seniors cruise

-Although this may make us sound boring, our last cruise was a 7 day Carnival cruise from Miami, and we found it to be much louder and crazier than we would prefer.

What line or location do you think suits us? Thanks for your input![/quote']

Certainly biased based on our experience but I would suggest looking at RCI. They have several 5 day itineraries (which would be my recommendation) from Fort Lauderdale, Tampa, and Bayonne (NJ) that might work well for you.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

We like Celebrity. The staff always makes us feel like special guests. We've found people of all ages on our cruises. We get anytime dining and a table for two so it's romantic for us. We find it relaxing because we aren't bombarded with announcements, but we've always found lots do to on the ship itself and there are more boisterous activities (hanging out at the martini bar, karaoke, dancing in the lounge) if you are looking for something to do later in the evening.

Check out Princess ..... there are 3-4-5 day cruises out of Ft Lauderdale available, and there are some great fares for summer cruises in the Caribbean. Princess cruisers are of all ages, especially on the shorter itineraries.

I am a frequent Princess cruiser, and IMO, Princess is "classy" but not snobby.

Certainly biased based on our experience but I would suggest looking at RCI. They have several 5 day itineraries (which would be my recommendation) from Fort Lauderdale, Tampa, and Bayonne (NJ) that might work well for you.

Agreed. I've done short cruises on RCI, Celebrity, Princess and NCL and of all those I most recommend RCI. The best short cruises I have taken were on Liberty of the Seas out of Fort Lauderdale and Radiance Class out of Tampa.

You haven't said when you want to travel, and the selection of cruise lines and ships for short cruises depends on the time of year. In the winter, there will be a wide selection, but in the summer, when the lines move most of their ships out of the Caribbean to Alaska and Europe, your choices are more limited. EM

Just for the sheer hell of it, I did a search for you of all 4 and 5 day cruises in the world from June 2014 to June 2015, excluding Carnival and Disney, and limiting the search to ships rated at least 5 out of six stars, all of which sounds like what you're looking for.

There are dozens of trips that popped out of this search. The vast majority are out of Florida to either the Caribbean or Mexico (no surprise there), and as someone already pointed out those are limited to between end August and end April. I can't say how many stops, but many if not most make 2. Essentially all the trips are on Royal Caribbean, Celebrity, and Princess, so look to them. There is a 5 day trip on Queen Mary 2 from NYC visiting Boston and Halifax leaving June 1. Princess has four trips next May and June from Bayonne (NYC) to Bermuda but that is only one stop.

If you drop down to 4 stars, it's still the same lines mostly but the Bahamas and more trips to Bermuda come into the picture.

Hope that helps.