Marriott Hotel (and chains) in Rome, which one?

CruisingGatorGirl

Hello everyone, hope you are having a wonderful day!

My family and I are returning back to Europe in 2015. My dad is a loyal Marriott member so we prefer to stay in Marriott's abroad. We stayed at the Hotel Arts in Barcelona, and Champs E'Lysses in Paris in 2012 on points.

This time our cruise will begin in Rome. Any insights on which Marriott's are best, especially for location? My husband and I prefer to walk everywhere, we like the exercise. If it has a breakfast, that would be even better!

Thank you in advance!

I can't recommend an exact Marriott brand hotel for you, but no matter which one you choose, the city is very accessible from the underground train (subway) system. As long as you book a hotel within walking distance of a station, you are good to go. The subway will get you within walking distance of everywhere you want to go in Rome. Have fun!

If you want to be on the higher end, the Grand Hotel Flora was quite nice. It was about a 10 minute walk (mostly underground via a pedestrian tunnel) to the Spagna metro station and maybe 15 minutes of street-level walking to the Berberini metro station. It is in the Bourghese area of town. Most of the major tourist sites are quite a bit of a walk away, but using the metro to get closer to them works well. But, I did walk to some of them when I felt like it.

Edited by MeHeartCruising

We love our Marriott's too! We stayed at the Rome Park Marriott and Courtyard at the airport last summer and they were both very nice. Neither are near the city but they both offer shuttles from the airport.

The Rome Park was about 6 Euro from the airport and also offered a shuttle from the hotel to downtown for about 10 Euro. They dropped you near a castle (can't remember the name) about 4 blocks from the Vatican. We choose this hotel because in addition to the shuttles, it was very near a train station (by taxi) that took you out to the port. Only complaint was there was nothing near this hotel to grab a meal except the hotel food.

We ended our trip at the Courtyard after returning our rental car at the airport so we were ready for our flight home. There is a small fishing village within walking distance where we had a good dinner on our last night.