BOGOHO rates are on the rise....

I just checked the cruise I have booked and the GS went up 1,000. and the JS $550.

WOW - glad I called and got the reduction on the first day. I keep looking thinking maybe it will go down again before the end of the month. I'll keep looking but I think as they book rooms the prices will only go up!

Of course the prices have gone up since May 1st. They are selling a lot of cabins because of the promotion. Basic economics.... Supply and demand... I would be very suprised if the prices did not go up this month. Although, I suspect that when the demand slackens next month when the promotion is over, the computer pricing program will start to bring the prices back down.

There still are some amazing values- last night we booked a JS on the Freedom for $900pp. We are usually paying $200pp/per night, so that's an amazing drop.

The GS on that ship were $1500pp. Right down our alley. Except for the nagging problem of how much money is saved in a JS.

This was for a 2016 sailing.

We have one more 2015 we would like to get in this sale, though. Just need to decide what it is. So far, the prices have not gone up, and there are still plenty of cabins.

Just switched our sailing, I had saved about $350 on a Boardwalk Balcony room on the Allure for the 15th of November and when I double checked our reservation, they had changed our private island stop to Nassau just since we booked last week, blech. Have no interest in doing Nassau again, and we had our heart set on the private island.

Switched sailing and the price seemed comparable, but since I hadn't planned on rebooking I hadn't looked last week, hope it hadn't gone up too much!

We switched to an oceanview balcony, still saved about $100 off of our original boardwalk balcony rate and also got $100 OBC from our travel company, so I figured that isn't bad!

Edited by moesyk4

I suspect that when the demand slackens next month when the promotion is over, the computer pricing program will start to bring the prices back down.

That's what I was wondering. I have had great success in capturing price drops with RCI, and some of these cruises are way in the future. Here's hoping. I was not able to book immediately since my regular cruise buddies need to check calendars, work schedules, etc.

Believe (hope) that by the end of this month, even with higher prices, I will eventually come out ahead. If there is not a nice price drop before final payment, I can always cancel.

Happy sails.

Kathy

P.S. The solo cabin in our upcoming Serenade cruise did get a nice price drop because of this sale. Unfortunately, the regular inside my friend and I booked actually went up.

Could not believe the savings I got, saved over 3500$ on my original price for our Med cruise, today saw that it went up by 400$. So glad I called yesterday that savings will pay for our flights to Barcelona!!!!

There still are some amazing values- last night we booked a JS on the Freedom for $900pp. We are usually paying $200pp/per night, so that's an amazing drop.

The GS on that ship were $1500pp. Right down our alley. Except for the nagging problem of how much money is saved in a JS.

This was for a 2016 sailing.

We have one more 2015 we would like to get in this sale, though. Just need to decide what it is. So far, the prices have not gone up, and there are still plenty of cabins.

Which sailing is this for? That sounds like a great deal.

The price on my E2 cabin for the July 29, 2015, cruise on Brilliance hasn't changed since I got the sale price on May 1. I guess not too many people want to go to Norway and Iceland so maybe the prices will come down some more before then. :)

So far I've saved over $1700 on this cruise since I initially booked it, but only $700 of that was from this BOGOHO sale. Too bad I blew $200 of that on the blackjack table in Vegas last week..... :eek:

Booked a GS in 2016 for 1100pp....hel of a deal for a 7 night cruise. Very excited, and this promotion urged me to go ahead and purchase our 5th Anniversary cruise.

Great deal , which sailing is this. Thanks

After the jump yesterday we begrudgingly booked our wedding cruise on FOS for September 2015... and it's a a good thing since today the price has jumped ANOTHER $150 over what we paid yesterday afternoon (which was $237 more than it would have been yesterday morning).

Yep, that's supply & demand for you. As demand increases and inventory dwindles, prices will go up.

Yep, exactly what my travel companions were told. My RCCL booking person told me he had never seen the prices jump within a day -- from mid afternoon, until evening, they jumped $360 for a promenade cabin in Jan! I am not so sure, myself, that it is a supply and demand question as much as it is a "people seem to like this sale, so let's raise rates" problem.

After the jump yesterday we begrudgingly booked our wedding cruise on FOS for September 2015... and it's a a good thing since today the price has jumped ANOTHER $150 over what we paid yesterday afternoon (which was $237 more than it would have been yesterday morning).

Wow...which date in Sept 2015? I booked Sept 6th, 2015 last night on FOS & by tonight the price had increased, but only by about $40.00 so far on a JS.

Wow...which date in Sept 2015? I booked Sept 6th, 2015 last night on FOS & by tonight the price had increased, but only by about $40.00 so far on a JS.

Our is also for a JS but two weeks later... September 20th, 2015.

RCCL changed the promotion today to a now (2014 with obc) or later

(2nd passenger 50%) with the sale starting today. They increased some but not all. I'm sure it has to do with demand. Ours went up almost $300.

The 2014 promo is sad. I checked FOS for this summer & was offered $50 OBC for an OV. Not quite the same as the latter sale.

Yep, exactly what my travel companions were told. My RCCL booking person told me he had never seen the prices jump within a day -- from mid afternoon, until evening, they jumped $360 for a promenade cabin in Jan! I am not so sure, myself, that it is a supply and demand question as much as it is a "people seem to like this sale, so let's raise rates" problem.

There are no people with eye-shades sitting at desks raising the rates..... It is a pricing program on the computers that analyze the current demand for every cabin class on each and every cruise. When the computer spots demand above some threshold, the prices are automatically raised and are continued to be raised until that demand slacks off. Same thing happens when the cabins are not selling; the prices are reduced. It is really a very simple concept; get the maximum dollars and bookings on every class of cabin on every cruise.

what is this BOGOHO sale you are all taking about? it is the 2nd person sails 1/2 off or something else?

Buy One Get One Half Off

Or otherwise called by the initials BOGOHO....

Yep, my cruise went up $200 per person in a matter of two hours from when the time I got the quote to when the time I called back with cc for deposit. I was going to book 6 cabins for our group. $2400 increase total. Well, not now. Ill just wait or go on X. I understand RCCLs process, I was just too slow.

I was hoping someone could explain something to me about RCL's pricing. When I select a category I see a PP price listed:

Per Person Price

Guests 1-2: $1,322.5 - $1,341.5

Then - after selecting the state room I see a much higher 'cruise Fare' even when selecting the lowest price option in the category.

Guest 1 Guest 2

Cruise Fare: $1,764.00 $1,764.00

Taxes: $196.84 $196.84

What is the 'Cruise fare' including that the Per Person Price doesn't?

Edited by Exterous

I was hoping someone could explain something to me about RCL's pricing. When I select a category I see a PP price listed:

Per Person Price

Guests 1-2: $1,322.5 - $1,341.5

Then - after selecting the state room I see a much higher 'cruise Fare' even when selecting the lowest price option in the category.

Guest 1 Guest 2

Cruise Fare: $1,764.00 $1,764.00

Taxes: $196.84 $196.84

What is the 'Cruise fare' including that the Per Person Price doesn't?

I believe that the website has some issues (or maybe it's purposely programmed this way?) such that sometimes you see a different price initially than when you drill down and select you stateroom. I'm guessing that the initial price you see was the lowest price that was available in a major (inside, outside, etc.) category, but then when you drill down and actually pick a specific category (N, I, etc.), that lowest priced specific category is no longer available, so you see a different price.

Edited by clarea

At first I thought they were showing you the bogoho fares upfront because it breaks down that way. But they show the same 1 & 2 person fares later. Maybe it's a glitch.

For ex 1764 and 882 =2646 / 2 = 1323

What is ship, cabin category, and sail date?

If it is a question of multiple choices, like K, L, M, K, Q, you should be able to click on each colored box and it should show you the price pp of that room before you select a specific room. That way you can see the difference in all of the rates.

Edited by marci22