Questions about life onboard

Ken_W

I've received some excellent advice from this group -- and I'm afraid I'm back for a liittle more.

I understand that there is a cigar bar (referring to the Star Princess); can anyone tell me if there are any Cuban cigars available? I indulge less than once a year, but I have some favorite brands.

I searched the Princess website looking for a list of liquors on board, but I wasn't able to find such a list. I did find the info about the drinks packages, in which I'd be interested, but I wondering specifically if the bars carry any potato vodka (such as Chopin or Blue Ice) and what varieties of rye whiskey they have. Is there an online list of liquors? What about wine, other than the Bon Voyage gift list?

Thanks again!

Howdy neighbor...94131 here :) Grab a cab down to Pier 35, hop on a ship, and head down to Mexico! The new ports are great. You can get Cubans down there.

Wait...Mexico on a foreign flagged ship. Hmm. Can you bring Cuban cigars on board down there? Serious question.

Edited by gcvt

I don't know where Star Princess is going to. But if it comes into a American port there should be no Cuban cigars because they cannot legally be imported into the USA.

Howdy neighbor...94131 here :) Grab a cab down to Pier 35, hop on a ship, and head down to Mexico! The new ports are great. You can get Cubans down there.

Wait...Mexico on a foreign flagged ship. Hmm. Can you bring Cuban cigars on board down there? Serious question.

I have seen Cuban cigars for sale on some Princess ships. You can also bring them on board at ports that have shops that sell them.

What you cannot legally do is take them off of a ship at any USA port.

Well, the beverage spreadsheet seems to me to list bourbons, whisk(e)y and rye all under the category "Whiskeys and Whiskies". Fortunately the first listed is Canadian Club, which is rye. That seems to be the only one though.

I have seen Cuban cigars for sale on some Princess ships. You can also bring them on board at ports that have shops that sell them.

What you cannot legally do is take them off of a ship at any USA port.

Well, there you go!

Well, the beverage spreadsheet seems to me to list bourbons, whisk(e)y and rye all under the category "Whiskeys and Whiskies". Fortunately the first listed is Canadian Club, which is rye. That seems to be the only one though.
In the U.S. Rye Whiskey must be distilled from at least 51% rye while in Canada Rye Whisky may or may not actually include any rye in the production process. Didn't know what you were looking for. I don't drink whisky or whiskey.

While in Dominican Republic, numerous people were selling Cuban tobacco rolled in the DR. They all claim it's illegal to have then if they were rolled in Cuba.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Forums mobile app

While in Dominican Republic, numerous people were selling Cuban tobacco rolled in the DR. They all claim it's illegal to have then if they were rolled in Cuba.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Forums mobile app

Cuban cigars are the most counterfeited (Cohiba) in the world and especially the Caribbean..

I doubt the tobacco was from anywhere outside the DR.

Best to buy from a high end reputable shop if you really want to take a chance.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Thanks again for all the thoughtful responses. I have a feeling I get better information here than when I call shore side operations, because here I'm hearing from people who have actually been on board a Princess ship recently!