Question about Celebrity drinks

Hi - I'm sorry if this has already been answered already.

We've been on a couple of P&O Cruises and I'm eyeing up Celebrity. I note that they charge for 'premium soft drinks'. Can anyone enlighten me as to what this actually means in practice ? Are things like Coke free for example ?

Many thanks.

Any opinions from anyone whose been on both on how they compare would be o f interested too.

Howdy, the charge for all soda or soft drink. Not sure where you saw 'premium soda' but they do offer drink packages where you pay up front. They are called either classic or premium and can be purchased as either non alcoholic or alcoholic versions. The difference between classic and premium is the range id inclusions (including soda, water, coffee and smoothies etc) and also the amount per drink. Check out Celebrity's site for more info, also I've just published a drink calculator on here that does break down a few do the packages and helps to see if they are of value. Cheers!

If it is carbonated, they charge for it. If it comes in a bottle of can, they charge for it. The free drinks come from dispensers in the buffet, lemonade, iced tea, some fruit juice drinks. And that's the American use of the word lemonade, not the British

Any opinions from anyone whose been on both on how they compare would be o f interested too.

We have been on both as you can tell from my signature. We were on Celebrity Eclipse last July and are back on this weekend and again in October so Im sure that will indicate that WE LOVED IT. Given a choice between similar itiniaries on both lines we would go with Celebrity, even if it was a higher price.

We are not happy with P&O pricing either after the Vantage Fare mess and now removing dining choice and cabin choice for those booking an early saver or late saver.

We used to cruse with P & O and have switched to Celebrity.

We much prefer Celebrity, although the smaller P & O ships would still be ok for us. We had a none to great cruise on the Ventura!

We have the premium drinks package when we cruise Celebrity. We either will buy it or upgrade to the premium from the basic package it that has been part of the freebies!

We do drink alcohol but not in excess, like the coffees and love the nil balance on the bill at the end of the cruise.

There is a drinks calculator in a post just below this one which helps to work out if it is value to you.

We have found around seven drinks per day ( either alcoholic or non) makes the package work for us.

Edited by jomf
sp