Onboard internet for those who have cruised with Azamara

dcsam

We have cruised with Azamara once before. As I understand it, we will have access to the internet during our upcoming cruise. But does this also apply to having free internet access while using my IPad around the ship, or just their computers?

Thanks so much!

Caroline

We have cruised with Azamara once before. As I understand it, we will have access to the internet during our upcoming cruise. But does this also apply to having free internet access while using my IPad around the ship, or just their computers?

Thanks so much!

Caroline

Hi Caroline,

You can your own personal device as well, such a laptop or tablet. The interenet minutes apply whether you use their PC, or bring your own. With that said, be aware that the internet service is extremely slow, but it's better than nothing.

Hope this is helpful !

Guess I was under the impression that past passengers of Azamara had 'included' (free) internet access.

Yes, you do receive complimentary minutes. The amounts depend upon your level in Le Club Voyage. Details can be found here : http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/club-azamara/le-club-voyage/membership-benefits

Hope this helps !

Thank you, Host Andy. I just got off the phone with Azamara. Looks like we'll be able to use 85 minutes of computer time (each) during our upcoming cruise, and that also includes using those minutes on my IPad. Nice benefit! And just enough time to check in with our dog-sitters - always the hardest part of leaving on any trip is leaving our 2 lil' critters.

Thank you, Host Andy. I just got off the phone with Azamara. Looks like we'll be able to use 85 minutes of computer time (each) during our upcoming cruise, and that also includes using those minutes on my IPad. Nice benefit! And just enough time to check in with our dog-sitters - always the hardest part of leaving on any trip is leaving our 2 lil' critters.

Where are you cruising to? I know on our last European cruise, the Internet was very slow and sometimes some people were not able to connect at times.....I heard many complaints.

We do have free minutes this time too.

We are off on Journey on Monday.

We are both Discoverer level due to Diamond status on Rccl so have a fair amount of free minutes.

I have used the internet on board many times but I am always concerned that I have not logged off properly on my iPad and am still racking up minutes. I have been told it is not enough to close your browser.

Is there a process to ensure you are disconnected?

We are both Discoverer level due to Diamond status on Rccl so have a fair amount of free minutes.

I have used the internet on board many times but I am always concerned that I have not logged off properly on my iPad and am still racking up minutes. I have been told it is not enough to close your browser.

Used the internet a few times, not too slow need to be patient when connecting to start session as conection is I think through Huston. Saying that got fairly good speeds in middle of Atlantic.

Go and see the IT guy in the computer room and he will set up a page you clck on to logoff, then you won't have a problem losing minutes. Have a good cruise

We too will be on the Journey on Monday and I have exactly the same iPad problem as you. I think it is a very good plan to go and see the IT person.

See you at the Meet and Mingle?

Hazel

Hi Scottie,

On Celebrity's ships, you simply type "logout.com" (without the quotation marks) to disconnect. It was very easy. I'm uncertain if this is how it currently works on Azamara, but as they share a great deal of technology, it's possible.

At any rate, a visit to the onboard IT folks, will clarify any concerns. Have a wonderful cruise !

Edited by Host Andy

You can turn off wifi in your settings menu and/ or type logoff.com in the safari (or other browser). You can also bookmark the logoff.com page if you like.

Yes, you do receive complimentary minutes. The amounts depend upon your level in Le Club Voyage. Details can be found here : http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/club-azamara/le-club-voyage/membership-benefits

Hope this helps !

We are Diamond members of RCL and Elite of Celebrity. What do I need to do now before our first Azamara cruise in June?

We are Diamond members of RCL and Elite of Celebrity. What do I need to do now before our first Azamara cruise in June?

It's not clear from your post as to whether you've earned Elite status in Celebrity's Captain's Club on a reciprocal basis based upon your sailing history with Royal Caribbean, whether you've earned Diamond status in Royal's Crown & Anchor Society on a reciprocal basis based upon your sailing history with Celebrity, or whether you've earned such status under both loyalty programs independently based upon your sailing history with each of the two lines... Any of those scenarios will provide you with reciprocal Discoverer status in Azamara's Le Club Voyage...

Azamara and Celebrity share a loyalty accounting system [cruise points earned under either line count toward potentially improving your level of membership with the other but do not cross accumulate to your sailing history/potentially improve your C&A loyalty status with Royal]... Further, your membership number in Celebrity's Captain's Club will--if things still work as they had--become your membership number in Azamara's Le Club Voyage...

Conceptually, it should be sufficient to have your Captain's Club membership number associated with your Azamara reservation either by contacting Azamara directly or by having your Travel Agent do so on your behalf... To be on the safe side and without knowing your sailing history across the RCI family of brands, it might be advisable to have your Crown & Anchor membership available to share with Azamara if needed [though it will--to my mind--be preferable, in terms of cross accumulation of cruise points, to link via Captain's Club if it works as I expect]...

Enjoy your first Azamara cruise!

Currently there is no separate membership number for Azamara so just make sure that your Captains Club number is in the booking and you will receive the benefits for the Discoverer level, which us around 237 mins of free internet for each Discoverer member

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are about to book B2B cruises on the Journey (our first Azamara cruise)

Noticed that after your first cruise Le Club Voyage benefits apply

So after the first cruise are we entitled to the 85 free internet minutes for the second cruise

On our recent Azamara cruise I used my iPad in the centre of the ship, particularly Mosaic cafe. In our cabin near the aft I could not get access at busy times, such as Sea days or late afternoon. Very early in the morning or late at night I could even access in the cabin.

Used my 235 free minutes for the Live from blog. Loved it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums