Soda

jp12687

We fill a duffel with 2 twelve packs of soda and 24 waters, then pack towels around it. We just tag it like luggage and it always arrives perfectly intact and along with our luggage.

We don't drink tons of soda (there are 5 of us), so I can't justify paying for the soda card when I can bring it for a fraction of the cost. Water, too...

Edited by Kristi Williamson

We fill a duffel with 2 twelve packs of soda and 24 waters, then pack towels around it. We just tag it like luggage and it always arrives perfectly intact and along with our luggage.

We don't drink tons of soda (there are 5 of us), so I can't justify paying for the soda card when I can bring it for a fraction of the cost. Water, too...

just so you know that is against the rules. I wouldn't want you to be surprised or angry if they took them next time.

all soda/water needs to be in carry-on only.

No. You have to pay for soda. Coffee, tea, lemonade, iced tea, milk, chocolate milk, and various juices are free.

Juicies are only available, free, at breakfast. There is a charge any other time. In the buffet they only have orange, apple and a guava mix.

Edited by Budget Queen

just so you know that is against the rules. I wouldn't want you to be surprised or angry if they took them next time.

all soda/water needs to be in carry-on only.

People tell me that every time I post it, but we've been doing it for almost 15 years, including after the "carry on" thing came to be. Never a word from anyone and we've been on five cruises since they came up with it. We pack it well, put a luggage tag on it and it always arrives at our door with the rest of our things.

One other thing: We never lock the duffel. They want to make sure you're not sneaking on liquor. We make sure that we leave it unlocked so they can shake anything they want. We leave the sodas in their original cardboard that has obviously not been tampered with. We've always thought that's why they don't care that we do it. It really is just soda and water.

Edited by Kristi Williamson

People tell me that every time I post it, but we've been doing it for almost 15 years, including after the "carry on" thing came to be. Never a word from anyone and we've been on five cruises since they came up with it. We pack it well, put a luggage tag on it and it always arrives at our door with the rest of our things.

Does Carnival make people who pack soda reimburse other's laundry costs if the sodas were to burst? I'm sure you've never had an issue, but I've seen the way luggage is tossed into the bin :eek:

Edited by Carnival_Brides

Does Carnival make people who pack soda reimburse other's laundry costs if the sodas were to burst? I'm sure you've never had an issue, but I've seen the way luggage is tossed into the bin :eek:

Since that has never happened, I can't answer that. We pack ours tightly with towels and wrap them.

Since that has never happened, I can't answer that. We pack ours tightly with towels and wrap them.

wow.. still not getting the idea that it needs to be CARRY ON? You're still justifying it as though its ok to break the rules Carnival has regarding water/soda? oye..

wow.. still not getting the idea that it needs to be CARRY ON? You're still justifying it as though its ok to break the rules Carnival has regarding water/soda? oye..

I do the same thing...why do you even care what someone else does. I'll bet you have a fit if someone carries 11 items thru the 10 or less lane

And Carnival also allows it to be brought to my room as that's what happens every time. Chill out. This is not a big deal. ;)

I do the same thing...why do you even care what someone else does. I'll bet you have a fit if someone carries 11 items thru the 10 or less lane

I kind of see her point (kinda)...there is a chance a can could explode in your bag and make a mess with other's luggage. On the other hand, it sounds like you all take great care in making sure that doesn't happen (packing with the towels). If a can does burst the towels you use should be able to handle it without soaking someone else's bag in the vicinity.

We have a small rolling bag we use that nicely fits two 12-packs...makes it less painful to lug it around until the cabins open up. Either way there are bigger things to worry about in life.

Edited by Cushing985

THIS!^^ Everyone should just do what they want. It's VACATION time...leave the rules behind!

If people would spend less time worrying about kids running and roaming the ship, chair hogs, using tongs at the buffet, shorts/swimsuits in the dining rooms, loud noise in the halls at night, people cutting in line, kids in the hot tubs, sneaking forbidden items, smoking in non-smoking areas, etc...there is endless whining on every forum...cruises would be MUCH happier places!

Rules are just for slackers who get caught.;)

THIS!^^ Everyone should just do what they want. It's VACATION time...leave the rules behind!

If people would spend less time worrying about kids running and roaming the ship, chair hogs, using tongs at the buffet, shorts/swimsuits in the dining rooms, loud noise in the halls at night, people cutting in line, kids in the hot tubs, sneaking forbidden items, smoking in non-smoking areas, etc...there is endless whining on every forum...cruises would be MUCH happier places!

Rules are just for slackers who get caught.;)

so what you are saying is, for you, having kids runing around wild, chair hogs, people using their hands at the buffet, people wearing barely anything in the dining room, people making loud noises all times of the night, people pushing and shoving to get anything (since there wont be lines if everyone is cutting), kids going where they are not supposed to, Smoking anywhere on the ship would be a better cruise for you than people following the rules?

I didnt think anything would shock me on this board anymore but I was wrong.

Somebody had packed drinks in their luggage on the last cruise we were on. The drinks were busted during transport and leaked all over my wife's suitcase soaking through to the inside. Thankfully it didn't ruin anything, but we spent the first night on the ship washing clothes. Can't speak for others, but this is why I care if other people follow the rules. They are there for a reason.

One other thing: We never lock the duffel. They want to make sure you're not sneaking on liquor. We make sure that we leave it unlocked so they can shake anything they want. We leave the sodas in their original cardboard that has obviously not been tampered with. We've always thought that's why they don't care that we do it. It really is just soda and water.

We pack a 12 pack of soda and a 12 pack of water in a duffel bag also. I was going to take it through carry on myself the first time and the porter said he would take it. We also leave the duffel unlocked and put a luggage tag on it.