FIRST and LAST CRUISE With CELEBRITY

emuller1

An example that with my guy at NCL has directed me to larger cabins due to ship design, steered me away from others, etc. that and he is prompt, returns emails quickly. More importantly, he is fun to deal with and values our biz.

And every single thing you listed is exactly what a good TA would be doing for you! :)

The inofrmation I asked for is not on their site and no I do not need a full service travel agent I need a company that not only says the words customer service they actually know what it means.

They do, trust me. You will find that out once you sail, you may just change your mind.

I think this is common that people aren't happy with customer service on most of the cruise lines, I personally use a travel agent and he does all the work so I don't have to deal with that any of that. All I have to do is enjoy my trip. I hope you enjoy yours.

The inofrmation I asked for is not on their site and no I do not need a full service travel agent I need a company that not only says the words customer service they actually know what it means.

I hear ya. I was on hold for similar times a few weeks ago. It is extremely annoying and I don't need a full service agent either. I am a social media manager and quite competent in using the internet. I had a question that required human interaction for them to override a $899 change in booking.

I hear ya. I was on hold for similar times a few weeks ago. It is extremely annoying and I don't need a full service agent either. I am a social media manager and quite competent in using the internet. I had a question that required human interaction for them to override a $899 change in booking.

I also can do a lot of things myself but choose the professionals to do it for me. A good TA is such a person, takes care of me so I don't have to stress and often gets a cheaper price (or better package) than what I can get it for.:D

That's why we used a TA. I'll do some stuff on line such as restaurant reservations, but leave other things to the travel agent.

Unless I have an urgent matter, I just place a courtesy hold on a suite and then I let it expire. Celebrity calls me, I tell them I'm no longer interested in the suite but I need help with this other booking. Works great, no waiting on the phone.

Unless I have an urgent matter, I just place a courtesy hold on a suite and then I let it expire. Celebrity calls me, I tell them I'm no longer interested in the suite but I need help with this other booking. Works great, no waiting on the phone.

Wow, what a clever solution. And a bit sad you needed to come up with it.

I too, feel your pain - we have just completed our 1st and last cruise with Celebrity - our trip was booked thru a travel agent - who also shares in our frustration of lack of customer service. I did email them and spoke of my total dissatifaction of their service - their reply - they are working on the website issues - and customer service wait times -

We are Royal Caribean fans - and I have already booked my cruise on the Oasis for next year.

My personal experience on Celebrity - the food was so, so - the buffet was disorganized, to me when you run out of plates and cutlery and do not know where the condoments are, you have a problem! All I can say is been there and done that - back to what we know and love.

Please do not respond with nasty emails - this is just my opinion - although speaking to many guests on our cruise - they are of the same mindset. To each their own - happy cruising!

I too, feel your pain - we have just completed our 1st and last cruise with Celebrity - our trip was booked thru a travel agent - who also shares in our frustration of lack of customer service. I did email them and spoke of my total dissatifaction of their service - their reply - they are working on the website issues - and customer service wait times -

We are Royal Caribean fans - and I have already booked my cruise on the Oasis for next year.

My personal experience on Celebrity - the food was so, so - the buffet was disorganized, to me when you run out of plates and cutlery and do not know where the condoments are, you have a problem! All I can say is been there and done that - back to what we know and love.

Please do not respond with nasty emails - this is just my opinion - although speaking to many guests on our cruise - they are of the same mindset. To each their own - happy cruising!

No nasty comments from me, but I do find it disappointing that X did not deliver what you expected, it seems reasonable to me. As you said, each to their own. Happy cruising.:D

Until my Spring 2013 Cruise(Hawaii), I had great customer service and excellent service onboard. I had numerous issues with my excursions and I called and emailed without responses and sometimes with no solution. I received a reply about a special excursion after I left home for the cruise. I booked a private excursion and I am so happy that I didn't wait until I was onboard.

This experience only put a small damper on the experience that I knew that I would have onboard ship. Hopefully, the pre-cruise technology and customer service will be updated to compliment the wonderful experience onboard the ship. Enjoy your cruise and I am sure that you will want to sail again with Celebrity.

I called back in February and got right through, twice. I was booking a new cruise and had some questions. Probably the first time I ever called. I was wondering what all the complaining was about.

Fast forward to April and I had to call RCCL as their website would not let me book, kept giving error messages. I was on hold for over 30 minutes before being cut off then on hold for another 30+ when called back. So I can understand the frustration. I wanted to get through before the price disappeared as we all know it can. If it wasn't time sensitive I'd just choose to call at a different time.

Just recently called Carnival to see about a price decrease. Wait was about 3 minutes. Not sure what that says but it was a pleasant surprise.

It is so sad that Celebrity is terrible with pre cruise Customer Service but still puts out a great sailing. It is like it is 2 different companies.

I called back in February and got right through, twice. I was booking a new cruise and had some questions. Probably the first time I ever called. I was wondering what all the complaining was about.

Fast forward to April and I had to call RCCL as their website would not let me book, kept giving error messages. I was on hold for over 30 minutes before being cut off then on hold for another 30+ when called back. So I can understand the frustration. I wanted to get through before the price disappeared as we all know it can. If it wasn't time sensitive I'd just choose to call at a different time.

Just recently called Carnival to see about a price decrease. Wait was about 3 minutes. Not sure what that says but it was a pleasant surprise.

It is so sad that Celebrity is terrible with pre cruise Customer Service but still puts out a great sailing. It is like it is 2 different companies.

Agreed, if the website worked better, half of the issues wouldn't need a phone call. :D