My Golden Princess Andes & Cape Horn Grand Adventure

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

I am still trying to work out how to embed youtube links for video of captured cruise. For some reason the testing posts seem to include a playlist drop-box starting from the most recent uploaded.

Edited by KarateMan

Thanks for posting all your pictures, Karateman. We were on the same cruise and fortunately did not see any of the obnoxious people you encountered.

Our story and pictures of the cruise are on our website http://www.stevekathytravels.com.

We really enjoyed Russell putting together both of the Meet and Greets.

Thanks for posting all your pictures, Karateman. We were on the same cruise and fortunately did not see any of the obnoxious people you encountered.

Our story and pictures of the cruise are on our website http://www.stevekathytravels.com.

We really enjoyed Russell putting together both of the Meet and Greets.

Ditto, observed no obnoxious people either, mostly Americans on the ship, but they were fine. Yes, the photos are nice.

KARETEMAN, you attended the Captain's lunch for most travelled passengers? How many days did you have up? We had about 300 days on boarding, no lunch invite.

Edited by NSWP

Ditto, observed no obnoxious people either, mostly Americans on the ship, but they were fine. Yes, the photos are nice.

KARETEMAN, you attended the Captain's lunch for most travelled passengers? How many days did you have up? We had about 300 days on boarding, no lunch invite.

When we were on the diamond in 2012, there were people who had 900 days and didn't make the Captains' lunch for the most travelled, there was one couple (the Kings) with nearly 1800 nights.:D

Re the Captains lunch, I have been using all my annual leave on cruise ship holidays for the past 12 years. Between two job transitions I had the time to do a 49 night and 40 night half world cruise respectively. Delivery driving on 12 hours+ per day for 6 days per week left me with 6 weeks annual holidays.

Also Princess recognise the P&O UK nights. Right now both lines are about equal in time spent on them.

If I keep going the way I am going I may make it to most travelled in another ten years or so. Right now I am leaning more towards Princess than P&O.

Golden Princess was a great cruise for me. Passenger mix seemed very friendly. That one person I mentioned was just some fool in the theatre who wanted to start an argument over my possession of a camera during a local folkloric performance of Peruvian dancers.

Great pics KarateMan. Thanks for taking the trouble to post. It brought back great memories of our 2013 trip on Arcadia from Southampton to Sydney via South America. We count it as one of our best cruises ever.

Being on a British ship we couldn't dock in Ushuaia but a side benefit of that was we were able to sail through the Beagle Channel in daylight. Sensational scenery.

Re most travelled. We were on Ocean Princess earlier in the year and the most travelled passengers were over 1100 days!

Great pics KarateMan. Thanks for taking the trouble to post. It brought back great memories of our 2013 trip on Arcadia from Southampton to Sydney via South America. We count it as one of our best cruises ever.

Being on a British ship we couldn't dock in Ushuaia but a side benefit of that was we were able to sail through the Beagle Channel in daylight. Sensational scenery.

Re most travelled. We were on Ocean Princess earlier in the year and the most travelled passengers were over 1100 days!

As I said another ten years and maybe I will be a most travelled passengers. :-) It would be nice to have the status one day but I think I am a long way off.

The reason above is why I chose Princess for South America as the British ships run into problems with Argentina.

I do feel the Beagle Channel was a highlight of that cruise and probably more impressive than the glacier we saw Amalia a few days later.