Nice Flower Market

irishayes

I just realized that we are going to be in Nice on a Monday. Is it true there will not be a flower market on our port day?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Unfortunately, yes. I believe that is the "antiques" flea market day.

The Barcelona market is La Boqueria-- great fun. There is one stall the sells fabulous fresh fruit juice -- I always get the amazingly fresh passion fruit juice. You can also buy small packets of the very nutty Iberico ham -- you can taste the acorns these very special pigs have been fed.There is also a wonderful little wine shop. And a nice, easy to bring home gift, are little containers of real saffron.if after all of that shopping you have worked up a thirst there are numerous little wine bars on the edge of the market where you can relax with a reasonably priced glass of Cava.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It looks like there is also a flower market in Monte Carlo on the Monday we are in port. Does anyone have first hand experience with this market and is it worth going to?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone who has come here to learn about the Nice flower market, we were there on Saturday and it was lovely. Well worth taking a look at it. Shame that we were going to travel home on the Monday so couldn't buy any flowers. They were just beautiful!

I think it was Mother's Day there on the Sunday and lots of people were buying flower bouquets. :)

I did buy some lavendar bags and soap for my Mother.

For anyone who has come here to learn about the Nice flower market, we were there on Saturday and it was lovely. Well worth taking a look at it. I did buy some lavendar bags and soap for my Mother.

It is a great flower market, and there's a few seconds of it from about 0.35 in this

[YOUTUBE]OXW5R66Td2o[/YOUTUBE]