Insurance

We are about to pay our final payment. I need to take insurance to ensure we are covered. Can anyone recommend a good insurance. I need to make sure it would cover us if we needed medical lifting off ship. Don't think we will need it but you never know. Thanks

We are about to pay our final payment. I need to take insurance to ensure we are covered. Can anyone recommend a good insurance. I need to make sure it would cover us if we needed medical lifting off ship. Don't think we will need it but you never know. Thanks

I guess it comes down to the definition of "Good"

To me its all about getting the best understanding of "pre existing conditions"

In the past I have used Cover More and TID (Travel Insurance Direct)

I am now using CGU via BUPA.

What is the cheapest premium is not necessarily the "best"

BTW...when we were on Solstice last year we had a Med Evac whilst we were off Arnhem land. They had to airlift a crew member. I often wondered how much it cost.

ry%3D400

Depending on your circumstances you should shop around.

cheers

Edited by Flipper133

We have used Covermore - great - no hassles with claims - also 1 Cover. I always ask to cover everything including a wake :D:eek: - I pay the excess up front as well - and have nothing but praise for both Companies.

Tell them everything - it's worth it. Insurance doesn't cost - it PAYS :)

Edited by dizzy1948

Australia post also do a travel insurance that we found very reasonable for our Aussie cruise March 2013 (we have cover for international through our credit card). We will look at that again for our Tassie cruise in December.:D

Australia post also do a travel insurance that we found very reasonable for our Aussie cruise March 2013 (we have cover for international through our credit card). We will look at that again for our Tassie cruise in December.:D

Australia Post and Covermore are both underwritten by Great Lakes. (Just a bit of useless information;))

Oops - don't mean to sound pompous - just an observation :o

Edited by dizzy1948

Australia Post and Covermore are both underwritten by Great Lakes. (Just a bit of useless information;))

Oops - don't mean to sound pompous - just an observation :o

Strange that they offer different prices, Last time Aussie post was cheaper by a good margin. Pays to shop around.:D

Strange that they offer different prices, Last time Aussie post was cheaper by a good margin. Pays to shop around.:D

Nah, as resellers they get to choose the price. And it's pretty common for resellers to have different prices.

Ain't that he truth. Our neighbour - not ten minutes ago - called in to say he had a quote for $900.00 from Royal Carribean the other day for Perth to Adelaide (short leg -Radiance of the Seas) - he then contacted the RAC and got his insurance for $235.00 - (he has medical issues) same coverage. Royal Carribbean are underwritten by Lloyds of London - do I need to say more :eek:

So shop around folks :p

In the past I've always purchased travel insurance as soon as we make our first payment for our cruise ...... just in case something happens even before we set foot on the ship, we don't really want to lose our deposit if we are within the time limit that it's not refundable.

I've now taken to paying for a yearly policy as I worked out that it's the cheapest and most convenient for me.

Gae

In the past I've always purchased travel insurance as soon as we make our first payment for our cruise ...... just in case something happens even before we set foot on the ship, we don't really want to lose our deposit if we are within the time limit that it's not refundable.

I've now taken to paying for a yearly policy as I worked out that it's the cheapest and most convenient for me.

Gae

We pay our deposits with a credit card which covers the cruise fees etc, and any international travel. It is domestic cruises that can cause issues due to the medical bays not being classed as "in Australia" even though they may be in Australian waters.:D

We take out a yearly policy too. Just easier. Cheaper.

Only problem I've had with an annual policy is that no single trip can be more than 30 days I think it was. So if you're planning a longer re-positioning cruise with post cruise land content you can end up not being covered. I'm sure this varies amongst insurers but just another piece of fine print to check on the off chance that it may affect you. :)

Only problem I've had with an annual policy is that no single trip can be more than 30 days I think it was. So if you're planning a longer re-positioning cruise with post cruise land content you can end up not being covered. I'm sure this varies amongst insurers but just another piece of fine print to check on the off chance that it may affect you. :)

You are right, there was one that offered 60 days domestic but only 37 days international. I would think that it may cover an average traveller but certainly not everyone.

I would have been happier if it was 90 days domestic and 60 for international.:D