Oasis for two adults no kids?!

Hi

Looking at booking oasis for next year. We are two adults mid-thirties and were wondering if it's more for families? We looked at carnival but it seems a bit too 'beer and partying' for us!! We are not massive party people, like a few drinks in the evening and some entertainment - comedy/shows/live music - we like to be quite active on holiday so the facilities on the ship look great... Just not sure if it's all about kids and families though? We've only cruised once on RCI in Europe out of school holidays on adventure which was excellent but I could quite imagine on a more popular sailing the place being mobbed with families - we're planning on going in May which hopefully avoids peak crowds... Any thoughts?? Thanks!

I'm 72 and DH is 87 and we are going for the second time on Allure in Nov. We found that the things we liked to do were not where the kids and families were so it worked out quite well.

I think that there is enough to entertain the adults and also the families. Not necessarily the same things though.

We loved it for the uniqueness of the ship and all of the innovations. The shows are outstanding.

I am sure you would have a great time.

We did find that an OV balcony was best for us since we like to watch and listen to the sea. This ship is geared inward without the beautiful sea views of other ships so the ov balcony was a plus.

There are definitely families on board but you will have a blast as a couple. There are lots of kids activities that you may not see alot of kids anyway. There are probably as many that cruise this ship without kids as there are those that do. Hope you have fun!!!!

Carnival is really no different than any line....the "party ship" designation has fallen by the wayside.

The neat thing about cruising (on ANY ship or cruiseline), is you can do what you want, when you want. You don't have to participate in any "activity" or use any of the "bells and whistles" that a ship might have.

You are welcome to find a nice spot, read a book, ocean gaze...whatever!

All of the ships will pretty much sail full, so there's really no difference in "spring break" or any other time!

We are two adults, one 66, and one 71, with no children.

We have been on Oasis once, Allure twice, and have booked the Oasis TA for this coming October.

These ships are amazing! We participated in everything we could, my DH even rode the zipline!

I loved riding the carousel, enjoying coffee and sandwiches in the promenade café, watching the parades, walking on the jogging track, seeing movies, swimming in the pools, having great meals in the MDR, meeting new friends, watching the amazing diving shows in the Aquatheatre, and much more.

There is so much to do on board, that we were never bored.

In our opinion, these ships are for everyone, definitely not just for families with children. it is a great mix of people of all ages, all having a great time!

My husband and I, mid 40's, cruised on Allure with extended family with kids age10 and 16. We planned all activities around them and for all family: pools, dining, and shows. Oasis class ship is so large with so much variety, we didn't get to do half of what ship offers. Husband and I are going on Oasis in 2015, just the 2 of us to experience what we missed. My plan is to dine in 150 Central Park, Solarium Bistro, go to comedy show, spend time in solarium, enjoy time in Vintages with wine flights and tapas, and have a drink on rising tide bar. My husband is looking forward to more time on flowrider. I think you should have no problem having the type of cruise experience you are seeking.

We started with the Mariner............

Then the Freedom..................

Now the Allure................

We found our new vacation destination at Sea :D

We are so happy on the Allure, and cannot wait to sail again in July.

We never even got around to seeing everything.

Crowds............yea at times, but, after awhile didnt mind.

Age..............well..............no boundries.

Go for it!!

Enjoy

Sea Ya

Hi

Looking at booking oasis for next year. We are two adults mid-thirties and were wondering if it's more for families? We looked at carnival but it seems a bit too 'beer and partying' for us!! We are not massive party people, like a few drinks in the evening and some entertainment - comedy/shows/live music - we like to be quite active on holiday so the facilities on the ship look great... Just not sure if it's all about kids and families though? We've only cruised once on RCI in Europe out of school holidays on adventure which was excellent but I could quite imagine on a more popular sailing the place being mobbed with families - we're planning on going in May which hopefully avoids peak crowds... Any thoughts?? Thanks!

I was on Oasis last December with a group of friends and we were mostly around your age range. It was a lot of fun. I think if you go any time when kids are in school, that would be the best time to avoid the crowds. We went Dec. 7-14, so there were not as many families as there might have been over the holidays. Also just returned from Grandeur (May 2-8) and there were hardly any families with kids, as it is right in between spring break and summer vacation (realizing that ship may just not attract as many families as the ships that have more of the extras. Have not cruised enough to have it all figured out yet. I'll have to keep trying.;)). Since Oasis sails from FL, I would double check when the schools get out there, I know they start in August so they may get out early.

Also when you go, the Solarium on Oasis is great for avoiding the crowds, as children under 16 are not allowed, so most families will sit by the main pools. Great seats overlooking the ocean, not far from the hot tubs. :)

DH & I (no children with us) booked Oasis basically as a floating resort which it was but in a good way. Lots for adults to do which are really of no interest to children.

We stayed up later at night than we normally do on ships ... seldom made it to bed before 2 AM. We especially enjoyed going to the bars/lounges with good entertainment and having dinner in specialty restaurants. :)

LuLu

Hi

I would highly recommend it. Yes, there is a wonderful program and lots of facilities for kids and families, but lots for couples too! We are older ... but VERY active ... did the horseback riding/swimming in the ocean with the horses in Jamaica, hike, work out, use the gym, not big drinkers, but enjoy drinks, music, dancing, entertainment, etc. And, the entertainment, btw, is the best we've ever had on any ship!! However, this ship is so amazing that despite the fact there are so many people on it, you never know it! We've sailed the Voyager and Freedom Classes and felt more crowded at times, than we ever did on the Oasis. I think it's because there are so many different venues. I think you'll be fine, really. It's quite an experience! :)

We're upper 20s, no kids, very active... we sailed on Freedom OTS the week after Spring Break here, but it was Spring Break in other areas. There were kids on the ship but it wasn't overwhelming- I think a lot of the kids stay in the kids club, sports deck, or at the kid's pool. The Solarium is a great place for adults, no kids under 16 are allowed in there. We never saw many kids on the Promenade deck either, unless a character was out there (the characters are only there for 20-30 minutes).

My wife and I have sailed on both Oasis and Allure and they are our ships of choice now. Comments about staying away from high summer are correct, we sailed in May and November and hardly saw any kids on the ship. The ships kids area is so great that they all stay there and adult pool and spa areas work well. With that said, if you have kids the programs that they put on for them is outstanding and I think that is why they don't really want to be anywhere else.

We sailed on the Oasis in 2012, just two couples, no kids. We had a great time, my absolute favorite ship. There will definitely be more kids on during summers and school breaks, but even then I still think it's great for a couple.