How is the onboard shopping on Oasis?

My first cruise (and first vacation) ever, and I'm extremely excited! I'll be on Oasis on June 14 for 7 nights. I'm interested in shopping on the ship, can someone tell me if the prices (and selections) are good? If I buy something on the ship and find out later the price was inflated I'd be pretty upset. I don't know what to expect, so any advise would be great! Is it better to shop at the ports?

Thanks!

Love the Oasis...BUT....I would not buy any high ticket items. (rip off).

I am a Coach freak. Their Coach store is RIDICULOUS

If you are just looking for trinkets, wait until the day before you return to port. A lot of things are 50% off.

Have heard nothing but horror stories with things like jewelry, etc. Shop at home, where you can return things.

Have a great time....Amazing ship.

Edited by champagne123
zzzzxxxx

Couldn't agree more with the post above. If you want an Oasis trinket, do that but any "big ticket" item...jewelry, etc. buy on land.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by brenderlou

If you need a memory of your trip - buy a magnet for your refridgerator - otherwise your gonna find everything is cheaper at home. Also, make sure you pack your hair products, sunscreen, feminine items, tylenol, etc... from home - on the ship you will pay about 500% more (marked up cause they know you can't get it anyplace else).

Have a great trip, relax, enjoy the Oasis....your about to be WOWed!

Wow, that mark up is even worse than I expected! It doesn't seem like good business to mark things up that high when the cruise is already pricey, it seems ... predatory! I know that it's all about the money for a cruiseline, but sheesh!

I just got back from the Oasis yesterday. There are plenty of ways to spend your money, and the $10 sales are fun, but I would limit your shopping to just oasis of the seas or RC merchandise.

This is why. I purchased a watch for my husband on the ship on the day they had the 75% off watch sale. People were going crazy over these automatic watches it actually took an hour (went to starbucks to relax) to even squeeze in to see these watches on the promenade. The brand is invicta. I thought we got a good deal at $135 for an automatic SS underwater watch which the tag says was in the high $200s

Wrong.

I just looked it up today and you can get the same one on amazon for $87.00.

They are counting on you not to be able to check because of the lack of internet.

Regardless, he loves the watch and it's a fun memory of our ship, but I had to share that with you.

The postcards were cheaper on the ship than in the port interestingly enough.

Wow, that mark up is even worse than I expected! It doesn't seem like good business to mark things up that high when the cruise is already pricey, it seems ... predatory! I know that it's all about the money for a cruiseline, but sheesh!

I typically stick to resort style stuff you can't get elsewhere. Typical t'shirt, fridge magnet etc. for those everyday essential items, consider that often in port there may be a drug store where you can get necessities.

Depends what you're shopping for! If it's cheap, souvenier stuff...onboard, or in ports...won't matter! We don't vacation to shop....but I'll browse...so far, nothing of interest I've found!

If you're looking for something specific, like jewelry or watches, etc...then research the item you want at home, then compare prices....you may find it as cheap and easier at home!

Has anyone seen a small replica of the Oasis in the stores--sort of a Christmas ornament size? DS collects things like that and we have one of Disney Dream--just wasn't sure if RCCL sells them?

Thanks!

Do a search on eBay.

My first cruise (and first vacation) ever, and I'm extremely excited! I'll be on Oasis on June 14 for 7 nights. I'm interested in shopping on the ship, can someone tell me if the prices (and selections) are good? If I buy something on the ship and find out later the price was inflated I'd be pretty upset. I don't know what to expect, so any advise would be great! Is it better to shop at the ports?

Thanks!

When I go on a cruise, my number one rule is NO SHOPPING ANYWHERE. Ripoffs EVERYWHERE, on the ship, in the ports.

If you are looking for bargains, go to amazon.com.

There is one good buy I did find on the RCI ships - cigarettes.

Has anyone seen a small replica of the Oasis in the stores--sort of a Christmas ornament size? DS collects things like that and we have one of Disney Dream--just wasn't sure if RCCL sells them?

Thanks!

Yes they do-- as Christmas ornaments. Or at least they did when I was on Oasis in 2012. We own one :). We try to buy one for every ship we've been on. The Oasis one is bigger than all the others :D.

Thanks!

Yes, they had replica oasis ornaments and key chains last week in their shop! Really cute!

I used some onboard credit to buy a Dior lipstick. Most higher end makeup does not go on sale on the mainland so that was a nice surprise.

I found window shopping lots of fun. If you want a deal on a Coach purse hit the outlet mall. I did need a bag when my walmart cheapo bag broke and I was pleased to find a nice little bag for 10 dollars when they ran a "sale."