Boarding ship as guest

calimn

Tried to use search but getting no hits. I read some where that princess has a program that let's people come on board for a few hours on embarkation day to see ship and have lunch. There is a fee. Trying to see if our cruise out of SFO has that option would like to treat person dropping us off. How do I find out?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Tried to use search but getting no hits. I read some where that princess has a program that let's people come on board for a few hours on embarkation day to see ship and have lunch. There is a fee. Trying to see if our cruise out of SFO has that option would like to treat person dropping us off. How do I find out?

Call Princess and tell them you want to set up a Bon Voyage Experience. You can do it up until 6 days before you sail... The cost is $39 p/p

It's called the Bon Voyage Experience (I think it's "Experience"). After that I know nothing except I've read some nice reviews. Try your search with that name, or I've seen it referred to as BVE. Good luck!

Search "BVE" or "Bon Voyage Experience". It's awesome! You pay $39 pp but get to board before anyone else. You can take a tour or decline, take a lunch in the MDR or decline. Or you can just hang out and do whatever you want until about an hour before the ship sails. Our BVE guests have LOVED doing this!

Call Princess and ask if there is a BVE available for your sailing. It's not available for all sailings. I've booked through Princess when the travel agencies have said none were available as the list they were all using hadn't been updated when more BVE opportunities had been added. It really is best to call and ask.

If it's offered on your cruise, it's $39/pp. It's booked just like a cruise and your guest needs to fill out the PIF with ID, etc., including credit card. You check in between 10:30-11am and usually board between 11:30am-Noon. They need (or you do) to link their BVE booking to yours so you can board together.

BVE guests/passengers board after B2B and wedding party guests, in that order. You have until about 15 minutes before Muster before disembarking. They should be sure to go to the Photography Desk to get their professional photos.

BVE guests have full run if the ship and can charge drinks to their cruise card. Shops won't be open but they can fill out and deposit a form to purchase FCCs.

Once the BVE is booked , they have until three months after the BVE to book a cruise and get a $39 credit towards their cruise fare.

Remember that they have a cap of 50 people so don't wait to make a reservation incase it's full.

I'm doing a BVE on the Star today just to visit the ship prior to my May 23rd Alaska cruise. Even if your not on the cruise it's a fun way to see the ship plus if you take another cruise you get the $39 back as a credit for your next cruise.

I plan to post a review of my BVE on the Star with photos if your interested in my experience.

Tom:)

Remember that they have a cap of 50 people so don't wait to make a reservation incase it's full.

I'm doing a BVE on the Star today just to visit the ship prior to my May 23rd Alaska cruise. Even if your not on the cruise it's a fun way to see the ship plus if you take another cruise you get the $39 back as a credit for your next cruise.

I plan to post a review of my BVE on the Star with photos if your interested in my experience.

Tom:)

Please post. I wish I had known about BVE. My friends embarked today on Star. I would have taken them to the ship and took advantage of it. As it was, their son drove them there.

Just a quick update, we were able to book our guest on the June 25 cruise out of San Francisco. So if anyone else is interested. Great that we also get to get on early.

Thx for all the answers will call and check. Tom would definitely like to hear more of your experience

If you want to see my photos of my BVE ship tour today on the Star and review go to http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=42745737&posted=1#post42745737 and go to post #118.

Tom:D

Just a quick update, we were able to book our guest on the June 25 cruise out of San Francisco. So if anyone else is interested. Great that we also get to get on early.

Princess told me you can book a BVE anywhere from 120 days before the cruise up until 6 days before. Of course that is assuming the cruise in question actually HAS a BVE and it isn't full.