Cabin Codes

greenfroggie

Hoping someone can help me,

I finally have my room # on an upcoming Sun princess cruise. When we were booking we booked a BE/blue balcony type room. What we have now is a BA/Yellow. The room descriptions seem to be about the same, this BA room is midship, 10th floor.

Is this an upgrade/better view/largely irrelevant?

I'm guessing the latter but it might help me evaluate the agent who booked the cruise.

I would take it as an upgrade. Mid ship is a more desirable location for many people as there is less motion felt midship and access to elevators and common areas of the ship is better.

Hoping someone can help me,

I finally have my room # on an upcoming Sun princess cruise. When we were booking we booked a BE/blue balcony type room. What we have now is a BA/Yellow. The room descriptions seem to be about the same, this BA room is midship, 10th floor. Is this an upgrade/better view/largely irrelevant?

I'm guessing the latter but it might help me evaluate the agent who booked the cruise.

The cat. BA on deck 10 is normally considered a better location midship than Cat. BE cabins which are forward and aft. BA and BE cabins have the same interiors and balconies, so the upgrade is all about location on the ship The Baja Deck is a good place with cabins above and below. We have been on the Sea Princess, the sister ship, on the Baja deck midship and it was convenient.

Your questions:

Upgrade: Yes, the midship location is considered an upgrade

Better View: Probably not

Largely irrelevant: Not really "largely." Maybe a little irrelevant.

I agree, I would consider BA mid-ship an upgrade.

All B cabins are the same (with a few exceptions for wheel-chair accessible cabins) but the location is different. BA is top, then BB.....etc.

The BA is better! You'll be close to the mid-ship elevators which is quite convenient ... less walking! :)
Huh? There are no mid-ship elevators on the Sun Princess. Just two banks of elevators, one forward, one aft.

The only difference between balcony cabins category is location and it's generally perceived that mid-ship and a higher deck are better. A lot of that perception is based on the old ocean liners on which steerage was on lower decks. Kind of an "upstairs/downstairs" mentality. Upgrades and cabin assignments are made by computer so I'm not sure how you would evaluate a TA based on a computer-generated cabin assignment.

Huh? There are no mid-ship elevators on the Sun Princess. Just two banks of elevators, one forward, one aft.

Even so, by being mid-ship you'll be close to either you decide to take at the time ... depending on where you're going from your cabin or returning to your cabin.

I always loved the Sun class ships ... big enough without being too big! :)

LuLu