What Carnival ships will be in Tampa?

kimberlys

I know the Legend is leaving for Australia . . .will the Paradise be staying and what ship replaces the Legend in Tampa?

We should know this week according to John Heald. We will see.

Only the smaller ones that can fit under the Sunshine Skyway. Until the area decides they want the larger ships and will build a port west and south of the skyway, its nothing but Cozumel, Central America, Grand Cayman and the all too rare stop at Key West.

Edited by zephyrhillscruisers

Yep, got to be either "Spirit Class" or "Fantasy Class". No bigger ships will go under the bridge. Scuttlebutt says the "Pride" will be sailing out of Tampa,,at least temporarily. Time will tell. :confused:

"SKY"

Yep, got to be either "Spirit Class" or "Fantasy Class". No bigger ships will go under the bridge. Scuttlebutt says the "Pride" will be sailing out of Tampa,,at least temporarily. Time will tell. :confused:

"SKY"

The Pride is sailing out of Tampa, from Nov 2014 until mid march 2015.. You can book it now... Then the pride is moving back to Baltimore in a repositioning cruise leaving March 15th 2015. I dont think they have announced any other cruise ships to tampa as of yet

"SKY"

The Pride is sailing out of Tampa, from Nov 2014 until mid march 2015.. You can book it now... Then the pride is moving back to Baltimore in a repositioning cruise leaving March 15th 2015. I dont think they have announced any other cruise ships to tampa as of yet

EXCELLENT! I got one right! ;)I just might have to go and book "Pride" while she's here. I really enjoyed that ship when I've sailed her before. THANKS for the info!

"SKY"

Legend will be repositioned "seasonally" back to Tampa leaving Sydney in March 2015 too.

From an Engineer on the Paradise (same home port) who seemed to know about the ports (Tampa) scheduled ships.

LOL, we heard on our last cruise that it was going to do Hawaii and some west coast cruises during the summer. This was told to us by a comedian who books on Carnival and Princess ships on the west coast. This was before Carnival even said that the Legend would leave Australia for the summer. We just kind of laughed and forgot about it.

Legend will be repositioned "seasonally" back to Tampa leaving Sydney in March 2015 too.

The Legend will actually be back stateside around May.

She has a cruise where she arrives in Honolulu on the 8th of May (I imagine it will then be a Hawaii to California cruise straight after)

She then goes back to Aus in September in similar fashion as there is a cruise that leaves Honolulu on the 26th of September and arrives back in Sydney on the 15th of October.

From an Engineer on the Paradise (same home port) who seemed to know about the ports (Tampa) scheduled ships.

Seemed to know? I hope you took the word of that Engineer with a grain of salt. So far Carnival has not officially announced what ship replaces the Pride when it heads back to Baltimore.

• 1 month later...
I know the Legend is leaving for Australia . . .will the Paradise be staying and what ship replaces the Legend in Tampa?

According to Carnival when I called them, and their site, the only ship that will remain in Tampa is Paradise after Pride goes back to Baltimore March 15 2015. Sad day in Tampa Bay. Took my 1st modern day cruise on Legend in April 2010 and had a fantastic time. Have gotten used to having Legend here. Nice medium sized ship with the awesome Carnival hospitality. Eventhough I hear not so complementary things about Fantasy class, I am hoping to take Paradise sometime later this year. Will be a solo cruise, as none of my friends are wanting to take that ship. They do have some nice deals sometimes for solo cruisers.

Eventhough I hear not so complementary things about Fantasy class, I am hoping to take Paradise sometime later this year. Will be a solo cruise, as none of my friends are wanting to take that ship. They do have some nice deals sometimes for solo cruisers.

Have no fear! You won't be disappointed at all with "Paradise". She's an excellent ship, with a truly outstanding crew. Fantastic entertainment, food, service and ports. NO PROBLEMS! I've sailed "Paradise" quite a number of times, usually as a solo, and totally enjoyed each, and every cruise. :cool:

"SKY"

Have no fear! You won't be disappointed at all with "Paradise". She's an excellent ship, with a truly outstanding crew. Fantastic entertainment, food, service and ports. NO PROBLEMS! I've sailed "Paradise" quite a number of times, usually as a solo, and totally enjoyed each, and every cruise. :cool:

"SKY"

Thanks so much. I am looking forward to trying Paradise out. I have been on Freedom, Legend and Miracle and Carnival has always been outstanding. I can't imagine anything less. The food and service as you mentioned, are always great. I always feel at home on Carnival. Carnival staff are the best, from the folks on the phone to all of those on board. Amazing times.

EXCELLENT! I got one right! ;)I just might have to go and book "Pride" while she's here. I really enjoyed that ship when I've sailed her before. THANKS for the info!

"SKY"

Hope you do, Sky! We sailed together on the Legend back in 2009 - and have booked the Pride for November 30.

It is sad. We are sailing on the Pride in November. I know everyone always jumps on the "Florida is spoiled" bandwagon and we are lucky to have one ship even, but as a ship junkie who enjoys watching the ships leave port, we are down two ships for this year- Legend & HAL Ryndam. There is always the option for scrapping the Sunshine Skyway completely and making it big-ship friendly!! Anyone??? No??? I tried....

It is sad. We are sailing on the Pride in November. I know everyone always jumps on the "Florida is spoiled" bandwagon and we are lucky to have one ship even, but as a ship junkie who enjoys watching the ships leave port, we are down two ships for this year- Legend & HAL Ryndam. There is always the option for scrapping the Sunshine Skyway completely and making it big-ship friendly!! Anyone??? No??? I tried....

I am a cruise ship junkie too. I search most every day for opportunities for future cruises. Nice to have all the ships we "currently" have out of Tampa. But this Fall/Winter season we still have 6 ships; Pride/Paradise, Ryndam, NCL Sun, and Vision/Brilliance of the Seas. But I see a reduction happening in front of our eyes in the not so distant future. Pride leaving for Baltimore next March and nothing to replace her, Ryndam leaving and not returning in the Fall/Winter of 2015, with nothing to replace her. Hopefully we will get some replacements but I am not optimistic.

I enjoy going to Davis Island to watch the ships leave, especially on Sundays when 3 ships leave during the Fall/Winter, at least for now. Makes for a nice afternoon, followed by happy hour.