Navigator Nov 16 Itinerary

We booked this cruise back in Dec/Jan when the prices were crazy low. It seems that they have changed the itinerary without letting us or our TA know (well within their right). But instead of going to Belize/Honduras/Cozumel it's doing Costa Maya/Honduras/Cozumel... Disapponiting because we had never been to Belize.

Anyone know why this sailing changed? We got such a great price that I'm not spending $600+ more on a balcony room to book a different week. Just a warning if you are looking at that sailing as it still has the original itinerary when you select it.

No idea why your itinerary changed but I was not impressed by Belieze on our last visit. Not the kind of port you just wander around on your own in. The tendering process there was atrocious. We sat in the tender off the side of the ship for an hour waiting to gt back on board. Getting off the ship was a nightmare for those hat were not on a RCI sponsored excursion.

Not sure what Costa Maya has to offer but I would take it sight unseen over Belieze any day.

Thanks, good to know. At least I can feel better about it. :-)

I've been to Costa Maya probably 10 or so years ago. I'm sure a lot has changed since then. I guess I'll go over to the other board and check it out.

I've been to both ports multiple times, and I'd much rather go to Costa Maya. The tender ride in to port from the ship in Belize is very long, and the tenders take forever to load and unload. We've been among the first off returning to the ship, and sat on our balcony for 30 minutes watching the tender we were on unload!:eek: Costa Maya has a dock, which eliminates that problem.

If you're a diver/snorkeler, Belize is a much better port, but other than that I think Costa Maya will give you a better overall experience than Belize.

We are on this cruise and when I booked it way back it was one of two going to Costa Maya instead of Belize. We got a balcony for $1465 including pre paid tips. Now it is about $900 higher. I really think you may enjoy Costa Maya more than Belize. You might try Mahahual, a 2 mile cab ride as we are doing. Just get the heck out of the tourist trap at the pier. Walk out of the complex to catch a cab..As far as we are concerned, we have seen Belize enough and are not wild about it. Just my opinion. See you onboard..:)

Edited by TXSAIL

Thanks, good to know. At least I can feel better about it. :-)

I've been to Costa Maya probably 10 or so years ago. I'm sure a lot has changed since then. I guess I'll go over to the other board and check it out.

At least you found out about it in advance and can plan for it. I wonder how many on the ship will only find out once they board that the itinerary has been changed. RCI certainly leaves something to be desired in notifying guests about changes and cancellations.

See you onboard. We must have booked around the same time. We booked a balcony for $1379 plus some OBC from RCI and the TA.

We are good with a sandy beach, cold drink, and bathrooms....have to have 'decent' bathrooms. :-)

See you onboard. We must have booked around the same time. We booked a balcony for $1379 plus some OBC from RCI and the TA.

We are good with a sandy beach, cold drink, and bathrooms....have to have 'decent' bathrooms. :-)

Our table mates got robbed $400 in Belize, right in port towards dusk. Costa Maya would be my preference as well.

We booked this cruise back in Dec/Jan when the prices were crazy low. It seems that they have changed the itinerary without letting us or our TA know (well within their right). But instead of going to Belize/Honduras/Cozumel it's doing Costa Maya/Honduras/Cozumel... Disapponiting because we had never been to Belize.

Anyone know why this sailing changed? We got such a great price that I'm not spending $600+ more on a balcony room to book a different week. Just a warning if you are looking at that sailing as it still has the original itinerary when you select it.

I booked this sailing 11/17/2013 and it was always Costa Maya, and that is why we booked it. We just got off the 5/4/2014 sailing that went there too. CM is great, and it's a treat to go there. Ever since Falmouth opened up, they took CM away. You need to go down to the old fishing village and sit on the beach, eat fresh fish, snorkel etc. That's if you're not doing any shore excursion of course. It's rare for the ships to go there now.

As other's have said, it's better than Belize. See you onboard!

I booked this sailing 11/17/2013 and it was always Costa Maya, and that is why we booked it.

Agreed. We booked in Oct 2013 and it was Costa Maya. Looking forward to this stop. I did notice that almost all the other sailings on this ship go to Belize, not sure why ours is different. Be interested in why, has to be a reason.

Tom

We've been to both Costa Maya and Belize. We enjoyed touring the Mayan ruins in both places. Lamanai (Belize) and Kohunlich (Costa Maya) are both fascinating sites and Tulum at the Cozumel port stop is great!

Happy cruising!

Edited by JimAOk1945

I'm not sure how I missed it... except that if you search by the month and Navigator is comes up along with the Nov 2nd sailing that is going to Belize. I likely never clicked on the itinerary link after that and assumed it was the same. We had originally booked for the Nov 2nd and changed it when the prices went down for the 16th because it's a better time for work.

I'm just glad we booked when we booked and we will be on the boat! See you all then! :-)

Lucky you. Costa Maya is much nicer than Belize, unless you are a diver. Be sure to either take a tour, I suggest ruins, or take the shuttle or taxi to the village of Mahahual. White sand, incredible water, palm trees, paradise!