Owners Suite Question

Thanks! I just read a consumer complaint from a cruiser last month who claims NCL checked their bags at disembarkation to remove soaps/lotions/shampoos supplied in the suite. If that was true I got thinking they might not want me taking liquor…could be that the cruiser had above to pick…

Another comment from the complaint was that the Concierge was not allowed to make dinner reservations…apparently the cruiser showed up and was told that the Concierge was not allowed to make reservations…

Very odd reading.

Thanks! I just read a consumer complaint from a cruiser last month who claims NCL checked their bags at disembarkation to remove soaps/lotions/shampoos supplied in the suite. If that was true I got thinking they might not want me taking liquor…could be that the cruiser had above to pick…

Another comment from the complaint was that the Concierge was not allowed to make dinner reservations…apparently the cruiser showed up and was told that the Concierge was not allowed to make reservations…

Very odd reading.

And you thought it was a real complaint. 😂😂😂

NCL does not go through your bags. So, you can take anything home you want. Anything. Customs might care, but only a few bottles, even they do not bother.

As to the person that said they stopped them, here is all I can say.

Either it is a total made up story.

OR

They had spent the week stealing stuff from the steward cart in the hall and security caught them at it.

Again - I have spent way too much time on these boards, and if NCL made it a habit of going through bags, you would see it here. Just not true.

Very odd reading.

They didn't check anything with us in the Garden Villa in April.

DW loves the Elemis products, so I used the drawer of the vanity and every morning after the room was done, took all of the Elemis products we didn't use and put them in the drawer.

Did the same every evening after turndown and our showers.

We got 6 bottles of liquor and only finished 3 of them.

Since DW and I were the only ones driving home, we took the last 3 bottles home.

So do not sweat getting your bags checked.

If anybody, truly got their bags checked, I'm sure the officials were looking for something else.

Edited by bguppies

I've tried doing a search, as I truly believe that once I saw the answer ... but can't find info on what brands/types included in the liquor amenity for DOS (3 bottles) Thanks, Jan

I called the NCL Concierge Desk and pre-ordered everything for the cruise next week. They can tell you the brands...not top shelf...and the up charge for top shelf is a little over the top IMHO. I stuck with Smirnoff vodka, Seagrams 7, and I did upgrade to Bailey's for my wife.

I went to Amazon and ordered some Wine Skins...these are bottle bags shaped like alcohol and they close up tight so there will be no accident in the luggage.

Never thought of taking the liquor with us and left one bottle unopened and the other two we hardly touched..................darn it and only myself to blame should have checked here before we left.

And this is the reason to check in often with CC cause you always learn something. Thanks everyone:)

A little different story. Not OS liquor but rather wine wrapped in stolen towels and who knows what else.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

Not OS liquor but rather wine wrapped in stolen towels and who knows what else.

Probably noteworthy was the missing bath ROBES ?

I don't know if they are complimentary with the upper scale suites but all the

ships I have been on in balcony cabins the robes were for the cruisers use

ONLY for the voyage - not to be taken home as free gifts !

Just maybe their activity was noticed by the cabin steward and security was alerted to a possible theft issue !

If the cabin steward has to account for missing items you would bet that he is

going to be diligent in making sure he isn't getting the bill !

Edited by don't-use-real-name
missing word

For those that did not link to the link, a few excerpts:

...There was no decent place to smoke a cigar without the wind blowing the ashes in your face and ruining 15.00 cigars. ...

The deck chairs by the pool were reserved from AM to PM with towels and nothing was done. One table by the pool was reserved with shoes on it. Very Sanitary. Would you eat off it? That was at least 3 hours...

...The restaurant manager is very rude and condescending. He most definitely needs to learn how to speak properly to a guest. Dan the F&B Manager came to my room as a "FAVOR" to Leah. He said he does not make house calls. I don't need a favor. Was he just a tad bit impressed with himself professing to be a doctor? ...

...And for the record, yes I took 2 towels to wrap up unused wine so it did not break. I would have used them to wash my car but since I do not wash my own car, they would have been rags. I don't need your 30-year old towels. I did take shampoo that was put in my room. I thought if it was there it was mine. Guess not. You got it all back in your security search. ...

I've tried doing a search, as I truly believe that once I saw the answer ... but can't find info on what brands/types included in the liquor amenity for DOS (3 bottles) Thanks, Jan

Here's what I have from the "pre-order" letter for the DOS for our cruise (there's also soda's on the list -- Pepsi products)

Beefeater Gin

Grant’s Blended Scotch Whiskey

Smirnoff Vodka

Jim Beam Bourbon

Seagram’s 7 Crown

Bacardi Superior Rum

Cazadores Blanco Tequila

Dry White Vermouth

Sweet Red Vermouth

Harvey’s Bristol Cream Sherry

Sandeman Reserve Port

Jameson Irish Whiskey

Kahlua

North & South By Norwegian, Sauvignon Blanc California

North & South By Norwegian, Merlot California

I've read that you can request different brands, and that there's an up-charge if you substitute -- haven't called yet, but am planning on asking for Tanqueray instead of Beefeater -- a T&T isn't the same with Beefeater

Here's what I have from the "pre-order" letter for the DOS for our cruise (there's also soda's on the list -- Pepsi products)

Beefeater Gin

Smirnoff Vodka

Jim Beam Bourbon

Seagram’s 7 Crown

Bacardi Superior Rum

Cazadores Blanco Tequila

Dry White Vermouth

Sweet Red Vermouth

Sandeman Reserve Port

Jameson Irish Whiskey

Kahlua

I've read that you can request different brands, and that there's an up-charge if you substitute -- haven't called yet, but am planning on asking for Tanqueray instead of Beefeater -- a T&T isn't the same with Beefeater

Hello Travel Joe....I was wondering when the DOS Letter came in relation to your Cruise date. Thank you Spice Girl

Beefeater Gin

Smirnoff Vodka

Jim Beam Bourbon

Seagram’s 7 Crown

Bacardi Superior Rum

Cazadores Blanco Tequila

Dry White Vermouth

Sweet Red Vermouth

Sandeman Reserve Port

Jameson Irish Whiskey

Kahlua

Wait till you hear the up charge! I scratch my head.

Beefeater Gin

Smirnoff Vodka

Jim Beam Bourbon

Seagram’s 7 Crown

Bacardi Superior Rum

Cazadores Blanco Tequila

Dry White Vermouth

Sweet Red Vermouth

Sandeman Reserve Port

Jameson Irish Whiskey

Kahlua

It used to be better, they cheapened it up a couple years back and maybe one other time before that.

Agreed, used to be Absolut vodka, but now I think it's an up charge of $40 per bottle...

Robin

And they really bizarre part is this . The cost of the Up charge for a better brand is More than the bottle goes for in the gift shop. ( Gift shop Bottle $30 / up charge $40. ) You would think at the very least they could charge retail for whats is supposed to be a perk.. :rolleyes:

Oh well