The carribean during spring break?

Perez1992

This will be our first cruise during spring break and our first time on a princess ship has anyone else traveled to the carribean during the middle of march

Faith, trust, and Pixie Dust !!

Love Miranda

Cruise carnival twice

Disney cruiseline. 5-6 times

Yes....and if you do a search you will find lots of threads discussing spring break and cruising.:)

We went in May when all the colleges got out for the summer on a carnival cruise and it was like super girls gone wild not a good experience!!

Love Miranda

Cruise carnival twice

This will be our first cruise during spring break and our first time on a princess ship has anyone else traveled to the carribean during the middle of march

Love Miranda

Cruise carnival twice

We sailed on Ruby Princess on March 15 this year for a 5 night cruise. It was also our first Princess cruise. I was actually surprised at the lack of kids and college students. The majority of the cruisers on our cruise were snowbird couples and groups from FL retirement villages...average ages late 50's - 80's. I only really saw some of the younger people around the pool area during the day and at the Ultimate Deck Party one night. Other than that I don't know where they were hiding. I expected to see some at the karaoke like we always do on CCL and NCL but they were not there. Just the older folks repeatedly singing "My Way". I didn't see many at all at the shows or where the bands were playing or even in the MDR. It definately was not what we had expecting and we even felt a little out of place in our 40's. I was very glad we didn't bring our teens on that cruise because they would have been bored silly.

Edited by Warm Breezes

We sailed on Ruby Princess on March 15 this year for a 5 night cruise. It was also our first Princess cruise. I was actually surprised at the lack of kids and college students. The majority of the cruisers on our cruise were snowbird couples and groups from FL retirement villages...average ages late 50's - 80's. I only really saw some of the younger people around the pool area during the day and at the Ultimate Deck Party one night. Other than that I don't know where they were hiding. I expected to see some at the karaoke like we always do on CCL and NCL but they were not there. Just the older folks repeatedly singing "My Way". I didn't see many at all at the shows or where the bands were playing or even in the MDR. It definately was not what we had expecting and we even felt a little out of place in our 40's. I was very glad we didn't bring our teens on that cruise because they would have been bored silly.

I will be traveling with kids and a teen I am 22 I hope I won't feel out of place

Love Miranda

Cruise carnival twice

I will be traveling with kids and a teen I am 22 I hope I won't feel out of place

Love Miranda

Cruise carnival twice

Hmmm...I just responded to you on your other thread when you asked about whether kids and teens would be happy on Princess. Strange...

Love Miranda

Cruise carnival twice

You know you can add this to your signature so you don't have to type it out every time you post, right?

Hmmm...I just responded to you on your other thread when you asked about whether kids and teens would be happy on Princess. Strange...

Yeah I'm confused. So the OP wants more kids, or doesn't want more kids? And at 22 she was concerned about the college kids on Spring Break? That's the same age as her. :confused:

You know you can add this to your signature so you don't have to type it out every time you post, right?

That is my signature I don't type it out

All I know is I was Born To Cruise..

Love,

Miranda

For those that are confused I am traveling with my whole family and am 22 we have had issues in the past with finding people passed out in their own vomit and broken glass everywhere on carnival I am trying to find out how princess is like I am traveling with young children and am also the one planning whole trip!!

Love,

Miranda

Yeah I'm confused. So the OP wants more kids, or doesn't want more kids? And at 22 she was concerned about the college kids on Spring Break? That's the same age as her. :confused:

I want a luxury cruise where a family of many ages can have fun

Love,

Miranda

That is my signature I don't type it out

Love,

Miranda

Must be a weird glitch then, bc you can't quote signatures, and here again I have quoted the signature. No biggie, it's just weird.

For those that are confused I am traveling with my whole family and am 22 we have had issues in the past with finding people passed out in their own vomit and broken glass everywhere on carnival I am trying to find out how princess is like I am traveling with young children and am also the one planning whole trip!!

OK. Now we know what information you are seeking.

You are very unlikely to see that behavior on Princess.

We travelled during the US Spring break last year and I have to say I felt really young, I'm 32 with a four year daughter and we did stand out. The age group I would say was mainly 50s-60s, we had a great time and it didn't bother me in the slightest. We had great fun talking to people and just enjoying our holiday away from the cold weather.

I had many people ask if we found it hard being with older people which I found strange but mainly they were fascinated with my accent. We are from the UK and there were hardly any Brits on board.

We have been on many princess med cruises our next being on Regal and I have found the age range to be more young families, there are lots of children on board especially during the Easter and summer holidays.

You'll have a great time, we love Princess.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

OK. Now we know what information you are seeking.

You are very unlikely to see that behavior on Princess.

Being new to princess I don't really know what to expect we have cruise disney cruiseline for many years scared to venture off to uncharted waters so to say.

Love,

Miranda

We travelled during the US Spring break last year and I have to say I felt really young, I'm 32 with a four year daughter and we did stand out. The age group I would say was mainly 50s-60s, we had a great time and it didn't bother me in the slightest. We had great fun talking to people and just enjoying our holiday away from the cold weather.

I had many people ask if we found it hard being with older people which I found strange but mainly they were fascinated with my accent. We are from the UK and there were hardly any Brits on board.

We have been on many princess med cruises our next being on Regal and I have found the age range to be more young families, there are lots of children on board especially during the Easter and summer holidays.

You'll have a great time, we love Princess.

So is the cruiseline more for adults or for families would I be better off with a different cruiseline

Love,

Miranda

I will always travel princess, I think they are fantastic for families it just so happened the age range on that particular trip was older.

I have travelled on other cruise lines and although I enjoyed them princess wins hands down for me. Your siblings will have a great time in the kids programmes.

I will always travel princess, I think they are fantastic for families it just so happened the age range on that particular trip was older.

I have travelled on other cruise lines and although I enjoyed them princess wins hands down for me. Your siblings will have a great time in the kids programmes.

Thanks for your help I really appreciate it one less thing for me to worry about

Love,

Miranda

One last question my younger brothers tend to eat a lot and will order room service all day if they could is there a charge for room service or is it unlimited

Love,

Miranda

One last question my younger brothers tend to eat a lot and will order room service all day if they could is there a charge for room service or is it unlimited

Except for a $3 pizza delivery charge (to discourage waste) and for party platters, there is no charge for room service and no limit on use.

However, they may also want to just go to the pool deck and get (at no charge) pizza, hamburgers, hot dogs, soft-serve ice cream or even the buffet which is open from early morning until 11 PM at night.

Unlike Disney, there is a charge for soft drinks on Princess. You may want to consider a soda sticker which would allow for unlimited fountain soda (not cans). You can read about it near the bottom at http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/gifts_services/cellars_culinarydelights/princess_cellars/index.jsp

We have cruised on Spring break with our teens. There were definitely more kids and teens during spring break than say during a November cruise. I can honestly say, I have never seen ppl throwing up or being too unruly on a princess ship. I've never cruised with Disney but would think that princess's kids programs don't compare.

Edited by texanslovetotravel

We have cruised on Spring break with our teens. There were definitely more kids and teens during spring break than say during a November cruise. I can honestly say, I have never seen ppl throwing up or being too unruly on a princess ship. I've never cruised with Disney but would think that princess's kids programs don't compare.

Disney is my second home but it's time to try something new I do recommend doing it atleast once!!

What happened on my carnival cruise there was a girl unconscious in the bathroom laying in her own vomit, broken beer bottles in the kid pools people walking around in overly skimpy bathing suits

Love,

Miranda

Princess in general has an older crowd (in my opinion) but that doesn't mean you won't have fun :) As others have said, Princess Cruises are not party ships and they will have activities for all ages.

My husband and I always purchase the UKP (Ultimate Kid's Package) for drinks. It $ 8.05 a day per person and provides unlimited soda, milkshakes, malts, juices and mocktails (the Key West Cooler is SO GOOD!!!).

I hope you (and your family) enjoy your cruise!

Princess in general has an older crowd (in my opinion) but that doesn't mean you won't have fun :) As others have said, Princess Cruises are not party ships and they will have activities for all ages.

My husband and I always purchase the UKP (Ultimate Kid's Package) for drinks. It $ 8.05 a day per person and provides unlimited soda, milkshakes, malts, juices and mocktails (the Key West Cooler is SO GOOD!!!).

I hope you (and your family) enjoy your cruise!

What does a key west cooler taste like?

Love,

Miranda