June 14-21st Caribbean Cruise, any suggestions?

phatmanandy

Hey everyone, thanks in advance for responding to this post.

I'm an avid cruise lover and i'm extremely excited to take my wife on her first cruise this June. We are booked for the June 14-21st Caribbean cruise out of FLL to stops in Princess Cays, St.Thomas, San Juan, and Grand Turk. In all of my cruises I have yet to visit any of these places. I wanted to reach out to my fellow travelers and see if you had any suggestions or recommendations of what do/not do, see/not see, etc., Any secret, under the radar spots to go to? I've looked at the port reviews on cruisecritic.com which gave valuable information, but I didn't see anything on there that gave me what I want.

Thank you again for your posts.

Andy

Well i'm down for whatever. That's my question, what do you recommend to go do? I would like to hear each person's opinion of what they enjoyed doing while in these ports. Anything you heard was good to see or do, etc.,

St Thomas- an excursion to St John ,possibly with time at Trunk Bay-it is a beautiful beach.

San Juan- there is a lovely small hotel that was a convent-"El Convento".

The hotel has a pretty inner courtyard area with a bar and outdoor seating-a great place for a cooling drink after sightseeing in Old San Juan.

Enjoy your cruise- hope that your wife has a great first cruise!

I'm an avid cruise lover and i'm extremely excited to take my wife on her first cruise this June. We are booked for the June 14-21st Caribbean cruise out of FLL to stops in Princess Cays, St.Thomas, San Juan, and Grand Turk. In all of my cruises I have yet to visit any of these places. I wanted to reach out to my fellow travelers and see if you had any suggestions or recommendations of what do/not do, see/not see, etc.,

If you have not done so yet, join the roll call for your cruise (see cruiselineStar20121001.pngNEW! Find Your PRINCESS Roll Call at top of this page) and see what your fellow cruisers are doing.

Hey everyone, thanks in advance for responding to this post.

I'm an avid cruise lover and i'm extremely excited to take my wife on her first cruise this June. We are booked for the June 14-21st Caribbean cruise out of FLL to stops in Princess Cays, St.Thomas, San Juan, and Grand Turk. In all of my cruises I have yet to visit any of these places. I wanted to reach out to my fellow travelers and see if you had any suggestions or recommendations of what do/not do, see/not see, etc., Any secret, under the radar spots to go to? I've looked at the port reviews on cruisecritic.com which gave valuable information, but I didn't see anything on there that gave me what I want.

Thank you again for your posts.

Andy

Don't try to do too much.

Princess Cays is a tender port. Get your tender tickets early. It is a private beach with lots of lounge chairs in sun and shade. There are water activities and some other tours you can book through Princess, but I would say just relax on the beach. Bring lots of sunscreen it's June in the Caribbean.

St. Thomas - This is the shopping mecca, stores, stores and more stores.

San Juan, most popular is to take a taxi to El Morro, it's at the top of the hill. You can then walk down and back to the ship. Another option is a tour of the rain forest El Yunque. It will require some hiking on trails.

Grand Turk: This is another beach with a Jimmy Buffet Margaritaville bar, restaurant and pool.

Thank you for the replies, I will check out the RollCall and get involved there. For everyone else thank you for the recommendations, if there are any other must see attractions or things to do then please let me know. I personally love sea days and enjoying the sights and culture of each city. My wife, i'm not quite sure which parts she will enjoy so I wanted to get a good amount of information and then break it down.