Upgreading to a Junior Suite

:confused:I got a great price reduction on RC's last promotion of $650 and just noticed that the aft JS are only $200 more and still leaves me with a $450 price reduction. Now my question is, are the JS really worth the money as I had a D1 cabin. I have never sailed RC so I know nothing about the rooms, but I do love sailing in aft cabins. Any help would really be appreciated Linda

:confused:I got a great price reduction on RC's last promotion of $650 and just noticed that the aft JS are only $200 more and still leaves me with a $450 price reduction. Now my question is, are the JS really worth the money as I had a D1 cabin. I have never sailed RC so I know nothing about the rooms, but I do love sailing in aft cabins. Any help would really be appreciated Linda

Linda, is this for the Grandeur cruise that is in your signature?

If so, then YES, it is worth getting the Junior Suite.

On that class of ship, the cabins are not spacious, and you will appreciate the extra room in a JS. Trust me on this. ;)

And aft cabins have larger balconies - that is the "good part".

Thank you so much for your prompt reply, I really know nothing about RC and what their cabins or ships are like as I have only sailed Carnival and their room are decent size and I love their aft cabins. Thanks again Linda:)

Thank you so much for your prompt reply, I really know nothing about RC and what their cabins or ships are like as I have only sailed Carnival and their room are decent size and I love their aft cabins. Thanks again Linda:)

My pleasure. You will also enjoy the driveability of the Port of Baltimore. :)

I agree with Carol, for $200 the upgrade to a JS would be worth it to us. Here are the additional perks you get with a JS:

Bathtub, walk-in closet (all but Majesty and Vision class), priority check-in and boarding, tea kettle, coffee maker, bathroom amenities, robes, double C&A points, and a silver Seapass card.

I've never been on a RC ship either but I'm currently booked in a D1 on the Freedom. If I could move up to a JS for $200 more I would do it in a nanosecond, those rooms look really nice :eek:

For our 7 day cruise it would be $800+ more for a JS, so I'm staying put in my D1.

:D Well I am the now the proud and happy new owner of the JS aft cabin 7152. Thanks everyone for all your help, I did not realize that you got extra perks for sailing in a JS. I thought that the cost of only $200 with still the added savings of $450 from the BOHO sale we received from our original cabin was well worth the upgrade. I haven't told my husband, I going to surprise him when we board.:p Linda

Congrats you will love the extra room and the walk in closet

I've got aft JS 8088 on the May 23 Grandeur sailing, and from the pics I've seen of that cabin, there doesn't seem to be a walk-in closet, but two sets of regular closets.

And I think I read somewhere that Vision class ships don't have the walk-ins, but I could be mistaken on that.

But the cabin does have a bathtub, so I'm looking forward to not having to stand on one leg like a stork to shave my legs. :D

I've got aft JS 8088 on the May 23 Grandeur sailing, and from the pics I've seen of that cabin, there doesn't seem to be a walk-in closet, but two sets of regular closets.

And I think I read somewhere that Vision class ships don't have the walk-ins, but I could be mistaken on that.

But the cabin does have a bathtub, so I'm looking forward to not having to stand on one leg like a stork to shave my legs. :D

Very few JS staterooms on Vision class have walk-in closets. I believe the aft JS staterooms 7166 and 7666 have walk-in closets, but I'm not sure which others have them.