A Happy Thread

CHAMPAGNELASS

You are in for a real treat! I absolutely loved our 12 day cruise last summer. So many of us got together on CC and we had fantastic tours. The ship is outstanding and the ports are filled with so many surprises. The only negative is that it is over way too fast!!! Enjoy!

Edited by Lastdance

We've had two fabulous cruises on the Silhouette. I can't even think of one negative to report. I did start a review on our Ocotber '13 sailing, but didn't finish it. (Guess that confirms that people who are unhappy tend to publicize their complaints whereas those who were delighted with their cruise don't.) I did write a review about our April Millennium cruise which we also liked very much to provide a positive perspective among a sea of negativity- hopefully it will be published soon. Enjoy your cruise!

Edited by TMLAalum

...it doesn't matter how much I read about cuts,changes and complaints my spirits will not be dampened. Im just too excited to be going on another cruise!

Happy Cruising to all :D:D:D

And a happy cruise to you. That's telling the boards where to put their Zumba where the sun don't shine.

I am booked on the Silhouette Italy and Croatia Cruise leaving in 38 days and nothing anyone posts on these boards will I allow to take away the joy and excitement I have in looking forward to this cruise with my family .

For weeks now there has been so much negativity on these boards and I know its called Cruise Critic and everyone has an opinion and people SHOULD post when something has upset or disappointed them, (unfortunately I have had to do so in the past ) however it doesn't matter how much I read about cuts,changes and complaints my spirits will not be dampened. Im just too excited to be going on another cruise !

If I get 11 days of better weather and better food than I normally get at home with the added bonus of beautiful surroundings both on and off the ship and meeting the same friendly,attentive staff and pleasant fellow cruisers that I always do then I will be more than happy.

If I have a miserable cruise with a list of complaints which I doubt, then I will come back and report but until then I am only thinking of the positives of this cruise and as the lyrics in Pharell Williams song 'Happy' that constantly plays in my head says

" Can't nothing bring me down, My level's too high " :D

Happy Cruising to all :D:D:D

I'm exactly the same! I go on my cruise the day after you and honestly can't wait! It's the only thing I have to look forwards to atm because of Uni exams :eek:

So refreshing to see someone on here that's just happy to be going on their cruise and not complaining about cutbacks :D

Did this cruise on SI last year and LOVED IT !!!!!! Have a great time.

I'm with you... I'm grateful to have the opportunity to cruise and will remain as positive as ever about it. Change is inevitable and we make situations good or bad at our own choosing!

Hooray for the happy thread!! :D As my 12-year old niece always says, don't drink the Haterade...

I'm counting the hours til I board the Equinox in Venice on 6/14 - every Celebrity cruise I've been on has been a blast and I can't wait for the next one! Now I'm going to hear "Happy" in my head every time I think about it :p

You are going to have a wonderful time. One suggestion...get up a little early for the sail into Kotor, Montenegro. It is spectacular! I hiked up to the little chapel which was fairly easy. We got some great photos. We could have gone a little further up but I didn't have really good footwear and was afraid to snapping an ankle. Do it if you can. There is an old fort up there. Good luck. You have a positive attitude and that is the best thing you can take with you.

I LOVE your attitude! I look forward to your review of the ports as we are on the same or similar itinerary in August 2015; albeit on the Constellation since Venice won't allow larger ships in by that time. Even though we don't sail for another 15+ months, I am already researching and planning. Can't wait to get your perspective!

Champagnelass & scotslass have the right attitude - they enjoy every minute! We know, we've cruised with them before. Tell your DHs that we said hello. You're going to love the Sillie, beautiful ship. Melody & Les

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fantastic Attitude!!!

I'm booked for January on the Silhouette and in all honesty I've been doubting my decision. I have to keep reminding myself why I chose this ship and itinerary and stop worrying about all the poor reviews (there have been good ones also).

Enjoy your cruise, I hope you come back with lots of good things to tell us!

We booked our first cruise on an X ship back in 2008. Shortly after I discovered CC and jumped into planning excursions. Then I started to read lots of negative posts about the ship I was about to sail on and thoughts of doubts started to creep in and dampen my excitement. We went on our cruise and had an awesome time. The ship was beautiful, even with a rust spot here or there. I often think that some posters have unrealistic expectations when it comes to ship or hotel maintenance. These facilities are used by passengers on a daily basis for years at a time between refurbishes. IMO it's amazing how well these ships are maintained.

I travel in 27 days on the Reflection and I truly can't wait. Since it's my first celebrity cruise "perks" that I never had won't bother me. I am actually worried that we have enough time to enjoy the ship due to the port intensive. Have fun on your cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums