UBP Price Increase

SeaShark

Guests who wish to purchase the Ultimate Beverage Package are going to have to pay a little more. :eek:

The per day price for the UBP is set to increase by $10. (The price increase will only be $5 if the UBP is purchased in advance).

In addition, the terms and conditions will be altered so that the UPB can NOT be purchased on any cruise of 4 days or less.

Gonna be some sad folks on the Sky… :(

Guests who wish to purchase the Ultimate Beverage Package are going to have to pay a little more. :eek:

The per day price for the UBP is set to increase by $10. (The price increase will only be $5 if the UBP is purchased in advance).

In addition, the terms and conditions will be altered so that the UPB can NOT be purchased on any cruise of 4 days or less.

Citation needed.

Someone on the social media page said that he was told they were going to be adding a premium package for $10 more where you'd get all beers, up to $12 in wine glasses and super premium drinks. So that one would be $59 a day the other one would stay the same. Like Royal has~

That makes more sense than charging more for the original one! Not sure about the not being offered on cruises 4 days and less. Time will only tell but this helps some of the confusion!

Person didn't say when it was taking effect and that they heard it from a server on the Getaway May 3-10 ~

Edited by Alliezona09

I don't drink enough to make it worth my while at the "now" price...

But I can see and appreciate that if it is a money-maker prices will increase to what the market will bear...

If it keeps my cruise price down then YAY!

Someone on the social media page said that he was told they were going to be adding a premium package for $10 more where you'd get all beers, up to $12 in wine glasses and super premium drinks. So that one would be $59 a day the other one would stay the same. Like Royal has~

That makes more sense than charging more for the original one! Not sure about the not being offered on cruises 4 days and less. Time will only tell but this helps some of the confusion!

Person didn't say when it was taking effect and that they heard it from a server on the Getaway May 3-10 ~

Hope this is correct. Makes more sense than what the OP posted.

I feel the drink prices on NCL are very fair and almost cheap to where I live (Miami).

But the package never appealed to me for many reasons. For the price, you must drink 8 drinks EVERY DAY to just about break even. The package only includes cheap wines, beer, and other bottom shelf drinks.

Not including water and coffee is like a joke. But if you get plastered on 10 cheap drinks every day then you can save some money LOL ;)

I drink a lot but could never drink 8 or more drinks every day.

Edited by david_sobe

I feel the drink prices on NCL are very fair and almost cheap to where I live (Miami).

But the package never appealed to me for many reasons. For the price, you must drink 8 drinks EVERY DAY to just about break even. The package only includes cheap wines, beer, and other bottom shelf drinks.

Not including water and coffee is like a joke. But if you get plastered on 10 cheap drinks every day then you can save some money LOL ;)

I drink a lot but could never drink 8 or more drinks every day.

Yes - Not including water and coffee is like a joke.

This is a prime subject for "Mutiny on the NCL" !

The Unlimited Beverage Package (UBP) and NCL can not provide you with a

bottle of water or specialty coffee the amount of which would not exceed a

quarter of the price of a premium drink ! DISGUSTING to comment the least !

So starting from the bottom -

Unlimited Sodas/soft drinks --- $6.50* a night

Corks & Caps (Wine - Beer package) --- $44.00* a night

Unlimited Beverage Package --- $49.00* a night {presently}

and the yet to be {proposed} confirmed

Super (include ALL Premium Drinks) Unlimited Beverage Package --- $59.00* a night

* 15% gratuity not included ADD +

It just gets more complicated as it goes along ! Where will it end ?

Yes - Not including water and coffee is like a joke.

This is a prime subject for "Mutiny on the NCL" !

The Unlimited Beverage Package (UBP) and NCL can not provide you with a

bottle of water or specialty coffee the amount of which would not exceed a

quarter of the price of a premium drink ! DISGUSTING to comment the least !

So starting from the bottom -

Unlimited Sodas/soft drinks --- $6.50* a night

Corks & Caps (Wine - Beer package) --- $44.00* a night

Unlimited Beverage Package --- $49.00* a night {presently}

and the yet to be {proposed} confirmed

Super (include ALL Premium Drinks) Unlimited Beverage Package --- $59.00* a night

* 15% gratuity not included ADD +

It just gets more complicated as it goes along ! Where will it end ?

Royal has more.

They have

A soda package (just unlimited fountain soda)

A royal replenish package (soda + small bottle water + special coffees + other non-alcohol drinks)

Then

A basic beer package (no spirits) and soda package

Then a premium one (with spirits) and soda package

Then an ultimate one which includes water, special coffee etc..

I've bought the UBP 4 times so far and nit being a heavy drinker have still been equal or better each time. At least 2-3 sodas or juices (non fresh as that's not included) in the daytime, usually Wouldn't start until 4/5 on alcohol for a couple of beers before dinner, one with my meal. Then maybe one watching the show or a cpl in howl in the moon then onto the nightclub for drinking and dancing.. Nothing excessive a couple of spirits nightcap and that's broken even..

For me by pre-paying also hides the high NCL drink prices which are roughly DOUBLE what I'd pay on land at home. So a pint about £2.50 (with service included) about $3.75, whereas a small draft onboard with the added 15% service tax was around $7.

Gonna be some sad folks on the Sky… :(

I can understand not allowing the purchase on a short cruise, but raising the price, even $5 is really pushing the button I think. I guess there are those who do enjoy their alcohol while cruising, but, for us, the price is still a bit out of reach. We do just fine with the wine package, buying a bottle of booze for our cabin and then buying a few drinks throughout the cruise certain times.

I totally understand why speciality coffees are not included in the UBP. There'd have to be 20 fully equipped coffee bars with baristas on the ship to cope with the demand if UBP people were getting them for free. Either that or suffer queues for miles. They take too long to make and would tie up the server from serving other drinks which take 20 seconds each to make. Like everything on a cruise ship, it has to be time, cost and waste efficient to work

I'd be more than happy to get these coffees at a discount with the UBP so you're getting some additional benefit. A bit like the UDP where you get 20% discount in Ocean Blue restaurant on the Breakaway etc.

Anyone has a source or confirmation?

There is none. The OP, in his infinite wisdom, has not bothered to provide a cite.

The thread is ridiculous and borderline trolling... :rolleyes:

And before anyone mentions it, "I saw it on social media" is not a citation.

There is none. The OP, in his infinite wisdom, has not bothered to provide a cite.

Hm, annoying! :mad:

I have not yet seen SeaShark post untrue information. I believe it will be published when NCL decides to put the info out.