Solstice Scans of some Beverage Offerings and Dailies May 8, 2014 Alaska

C 2 C

Love the comments on Conundrum. I cut my teeth on it some years ago.

If you have time and bandwidth, I'd love to see the red and white reserve list, and how far up some of the nicer cabs and chardonnays have gone.

On our last cruise the sommelier in the MDR offered to combine our drink package discount with our elite coupons for 40% off and I'll admit, we didn't argue with her, isntead we splurged on quite a few bottles and became a bit spoiled. At those prices, it was cheaper than we could by in a NH Liquor store!

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Thanks for info will be sailing 9/12/14 wonder if there are times when "happy hour' wine = beer available, saw this mentioned on a previous post? Also is Aqua Spa Café available we are not booked in aqua class. thanks

Aqua Spa cafe is open to all.

Happy hour specials come and go. There's no predicting if one will be offered on any given day of your cruise. Watch your Daily Program, and talk to the bar staff. They will let you know if there are any specials offered that day.

Arno, thanks for taking the time to post these lists. As you know, we were also on this cruise. Sorry we didn't stop to say hello, but during trivia would have started a major uproar. :D

We did notice a lot more upcharges on the wines, even at $14.00 a glass that the premium package covered. One of the upcharge wines I like is Armorone, it was $21.50 a glass, $7.50 with the premium package.

What did you think of Alejandro, the CD? What did you think of the way he interacted with Lindi, the Activities Manager, on the CD television channel?

I heard from a senior officer, who we were having dinner with, that he was only a six week vacation fill for the regular CD. Not sure if that was accurate or not.

Edited by wv4891

We were on Constellation with Alejandro last fall when he was transferred to Infinity for the Latin America run.

We like him because he can laugh at himself and really seems to like people. We praised his team while on Connie. The trivia was the best ever with every member of the activity team working hard to stump us on four consecutive voyages without repeating the questions.

We seldom looked at his morning show but remember his shows with Sue Denning on Eclipse.. they were hilarious.

Yes, kinda my feeling about Alejandro also. Always a smile and always making fun of himself. Would always stick his nose right in the camera, cutting off poor Lindi, but all in good fun. Loved seeing him at the Liars Show, not sure if he was kidding with his selective limited understanding of English or not.

Edited by wv4891

• 1 month later...
Not for me. Everything I normally drink was on the old classic package, which is exactly why I chose it for my next cruise. Now, they all appear to be a single dollar above the $8 limit on classic. Upgrading for $11.50 or so to be able to enjoy my favorite wines and drinks would be a loss since there is no way I will be ordering 11 or more drinks per day. :eek:

I just found this on the celebrity website under the fine print of the 123 promo.

Classic Beverage Package for Two option applies to two guests per stateroom and includes beer up to $6 per serving; spirits, cocktails, and frozen drinks up to $8 per serving, and wine by the glass up to $9 per serving, all soda selections, fresh squeezed and bottled juices, premium coffees, teas and non-premium bottled water and server gratuities (amount based on gratuity guidelines). Premium Beverage Package upgrade available for an additional charge of $11.50 per person, per day which includes gratuities by contacting Celebrity Cruises.

- See more at: http://www.celebritycruises.com/htmlpage/123go-special#sthash.K3V2oCqC.dpuf

• 4 weeks later...

Be careful when using the prices from that list from May. It has been shown in some of the beer threads that the prices have gone down since those May prices. Recent travelers have given some more 'current' info. Just an FYI. It shows that prices can go up or down, at any time. In fact, it might help people more if someone would remove that old high price post because it does really mess us up, we are used to, typically, when prices go up they don't come down, LOL!

Edited by rmalbers

I'll be posting new information when we cruise on Millennium next month. I've started a new thread on our Asian Odyssey.

Alcohol prices may also vary by destination. Some past posts suggest that certain beverages are higher when sailing in Europe or Australia.

• 2 weeks later...
Cruisenut,

D you also have the prices for mixed drinks on X. My wife is interested in the price of Mohitos.

I did not save any more info. I'll be back on board in 4 weeks.

• 11 months later...

Found my way to this thread because we're trying to decide whether it's worth it for us to upgrade to premium. Someone very nicely posted pics of menus, but they're no longer there. Does anyone have any links for recent menus, especially for the Sunset Bar (which we always seem to gravitate to but I've never looked at the menu there.) We will be on the Infinity.

Also, last time it was confusing which coffee drinks were included in which package, seemed to depend on who was working the coffee bar. Anyone that could clear that up too, would be great.

Can anyone tell me if I have the classic drink package and order something over the limit, am I charged the full price of the drink or just the difference between $8 and the full price?

Thanks

Hi!

You would pay the full price of the drink.

Only on the premium package can you just pay the difference if ordering a more expensive drink.

Cheers!