help cabin advice on Silhouette ASAP Please!!!

dimiegirl

Hi everyone,

I am in the process of booking a Mediterranean cruise and I am trying to decide between 2 balconies that are currently available. They are both on deck 7..One is 7305, which is one of the farthest aft cabins on the port side, but on the deck plan it seems to be an oversized balcony or cabin... and the other is 7296, which is very mid ship and on the starboard side, 2 cabins aft of the hump.. my only concern with that cabin is that the hump balconies seem like they might obstruct our view..im also concerned about the hump balconies being able to see into our balcony... Ive never stayed in either type of cabin and I would very much appreciate the input of all of those experienced celebrity cruisers. I have held one of them, and I know that they go quickly so if possible, the sooner the better. Thanks so much!:)

Hi everyone,

I am in the process of booking a Mediterranean cruise and I am trying to decide between 2 balconies that are currently available. They are both on deck 7..One is 7305, which is one of the farthest aft cabins on the port side, but on the deck plan it seems to be an oversized balcony or cabin... and the other is 7296, which is very mid ship and on the starboard side, 2 cabins aft of the hump.. my only concern with that cabin is that the hump balconies seem like they might obstruct our view..im also concerned about the hump balconies being able to see into our balcony... Ive never stayed in either type of cabin and I would very much appreciate the input of all of those experienced celebrity cruisers. I have held one of them, and I know that they go quickly so if possible, the sooner the better. Thanks so much!:)

Hi

have you had a look at the S-Class Cabin information here

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=911018

Damon

nomad098,

Thank you very much for the link. I did look at it but neither of the cabins I have to decide between are listed..Also, I can't find any information about possible view obstructions because of the hump or hump balconies being able to see in our balcony because they are pushed forward..these are really my only concerns..and i can't find any comments about if 7305 is truly oversized or just appears that way on the deck plans because they are not charging more for it like they do for the last cabin that is aft... I guess i will wait until tomorrow to see if anyone on this forum has cruised in either cabin or knows better than me how to read the deck plans..if not, ill just keep the one i booked. Thanks again :)

Hi everyone,

We have been in similarly located cabins, but on decks 9 and 10 on several S Class ships, and are booked in one again on Reflection in December. We love the location as it is very quiet with almost no foot traffic going by our door. Some people think the elevators are too far away, but we are walkers and find the extra exercise helpful on a cruise! The extra balcony space is very nice, and on the balconies we have had we were the last cabin before the afts, which gave us a solid wall on one side, and is great for privacy as we only had balcony neighbours on the other side. Even though cabin 7305 that you're looking at is two away from the "solid wall" it will also be fairly quiet with only one neighbour on the aft side.

If you don't mind a bit of a walk I think you'd be very pleased with 7305. Have a great cruise!

Hi everyone,

Hi Dimiegirl

We have stayed in 9296 on Solstice which I believe is the same as 7296 except it is 2 decks above.

9296 on Solstice is a Concierge class cabin...same size as others..just a few extra perks.

Great location, handy to lifts without being noisy.

There is absolutely no issue with privacy. The balcony is much larger than normal, giving you shade or sun as you might prefer. If you go to the railing you can see a few of the cabins towards the aft...but that is more their concern than yours.

You will see that 9296 (and I presume 7296) has an adjoining cabin. This is of no concern, as on S class ships the set up for joining is at the front door area (separate alcove arrangement) and it in no way interferes with your own privacy.

Have a look at the attached pic.

ry%3D400

Sorry I cant help with 7305, but I would prefer the midships cabin.

cheers

Edited by Flipper133

We have been in 7305 on Equinox so I presume it would be the same. It is not square like it is shown on the deck plan. It is angled, and 7303 next door is just a regular balcony. It is quiet and we did not mind the long walk except when we were half way to the elevator and realized we had forgotten something! I think 7296 is just a regular size balcony but closer to the elevators.

Thanks so much everyone for your input. Flipper133, thanks for that wonderful picture, definitely helped to see what it would look like. Based on the responses were gonna go with 7296. Thanks for all of your help!:)

Thanks so much everyone for your input. Flipper133, thanks for that wonderful picture, definitely helped to see what it would look like. Based on the responses were gonna go with 7296. Thanks for all of your help!:)

Hi Dimiegirl

I am sure you have made the right decision.

I would like to acknowledge that the picture is not my work...I obtained it (and several others) from these boards over 12 months ago when I was researching for our cruise on Solstice. The author of the pics presented quite a few that were views of different cabin locations on the ship and were really helpful to people like me that had not sailed on her before.

I am sorry, but I do not recall the poster's name or the thread. Perhaps someone else reading this might know and can resurrect it.

cheers

Edited by Flipper133