Michael modzelewski Alaska Naturalist is back!

Caribensun

Hello Everyone, Naturalist Michael Modzelewski is on Golden Princess going to Glacier Bay. Was fortunate to be aboard last year when he was on the Star going through Tracy Arm. Seadeck2

Edited by seadeck2
Adding text

Hello Everyone, Naturalist Michael Modzelewski is on Golden Princess going to Glacier Bay. Was fortunate to be aboard last year when he was on the Star going through Tracy Arm. Seadeck2

He is very good at what he does. Were were lucky to have him as the naturalist a few years ago on the Golden Princess.

We've had him as our naturalist 4 years in a row, so I'm actually looking forward to someone different this year. He's very knowledgeable, but his lectures never change much. Anyone know who will be on the Grand this year?

We've never had the pleasure of having Michael as our naturalist but everyone on this thread seems to enjoy him! Now we have one MORE reason to be excited about our July cruise on the Golden. Do they allow him to make announcements when whales, etc., are spotted along the route? On a Celebrity Alaska cruise one year, the captain announced they wouldn't be "bothering" everyone with announcements about wildlife. Could not believe my ears.

Hi, Paula MacFan, we'll be on the Golden next Saturday too!!!

Marianne & Tony

Reading PA

:):):)

Hi Everybody ! I will be on the Golden next Saturday also. More action here then on our roll call. Glad to hear we have a great naturalist. They do make a difference. In December while on the Coral, our guest lecturer was marvelous.

I keep check daily the weather in Juneau,Skagway and Ketchikan. Just in case I need to add or delete certain clothes from my suitcase.

Sali

I thought he we very passionate and energetic. My favorite naturalist. I actually bought his book - Inside Passage.

We bought his book also when on the Star doing the inside passage.

We've never had the pleasure of having Michael as our naturalist but everyone on this thread seems to enjoy him! Now we have one MORE reason to be excited about our July cruise on the Golden. Do they allow him to make announcements when whales, etc., are spotted along the route? On a Celebrity Alaska cruise one year, the captain announced they wouldn't be "bothering" everyone with announcements about wildlife. Could not believe my ears.
Most Princess Naturalists usually have one or two times during the cruise when they are on the bridge and give a wildlife commentary that can be heard on the outside decks. It's usually in areas that are known for whales. I remember Micheal did it twice. Once in Icy Strait after leaving Glacier Bay, and I believe the other one was south of Juneau. He mentioned when they would be during his Naturalist talks in the Princess Theater. If your cruise goes to Glacier Bay, National Park rangers will board and give a running commentary during your time there.

We had 2 park rangers board Golden as we approached Glacier Bay that were onboard to speak with. Michael was on the bridge and on upper decks spotting wildlife and again leaving Ketchikan. Glacier Bay commentary will be on your tv. Don't forget to purchase the Reflections DVD set, it is excellent!!

Enjoy your cruise. Seadeck2