First time on Cunard

nimiq

In the person, I agree with you.

However, we are talking of "working" clothes here, not breeding or deportment.

We seem to be going 'round in circles here... you cannot put "style" and "jeans" in the same sentence for dinner in a good restaurant (with a dress-code) or on board a Cunard ship (with a dress-code), unless your idea of "style" is slumming it, being ironic, or bringing a little of an "edgy" city with you.

We can all take the easy way out, wear jeans... and call it "style". That does not make it so, no matter how much we may wish it was.

The only guy that makes jeans look at all formal, is that guy in the Farmers Insurance ads. It's the vest & tie that make it work(well somewhat work)

I think the Titanic Re-enactment crowd (they're like civil war re-enactors, but they eat better) tends to eats at 830 and seem to travel only for the crossing.

However, as a practical matter, airline fees means that a tux and shoes squeezes out an outfit or two for the wife.

Whoever cracks the nut for ship and hold baggage at a reasonable price might bring back more formalwear. Right now it's just too hard to travel "Rick Steves" light on the continent, hopping on and off the trains with minimal baggage, AND have full regalia for shipboard travel. Frankly, dragging all the extra baggage around Europe for a week was a pain anyway.

I've got lots of pix and video that I'll post later. You can count compare the tux/suit ratio yourself. An interesting take on the dark suit was a dressy bowtie, saw that some.

So any suit is good does not have to own a black or dark suite right ?

As for the rest I kinda know what to wear but not sure about my amazing light blue suite with white tie and shirt.

After doing the full world cruise 118 days I can report that the dress code is alive and well adhered to on QE.

We sailed through the tropics, the cold, the Med and Asia , you name it, and we had different people came and went.

Most dressed as according to the dress code. The ones that did not dress in correct dress code for dinner were tufted out of the restaurant, or bars by the staff who monitored the dress code especially on a formal night.

A jacket is required each night and if the men don't wear one they can not enter the dinning room.

Most men wore a black tux and most ladies wore a nice evening dress. Not many in lounge suits and the ones that did wear lounge suits stood out like a sore thumb!

Also most men still wore a ties with their jackets, even when it was not required. I like to see that the standards are still high.:)

Edited by maggiemou

After doing the full world cruise 118 days I can report that the dress code is alive and well adhered to on QE.

We sailed through the tropics, the cold, the Med and Asia , you name it, and we had different people came and went.

Most dressed as according to the dress code. The ones that did not dress in correct dress code for dinner were tufted out of the restaurant, or bars by the staff who monitored the dress code especially on a formal night.

A jacket is required each night and if the men don't wear one they can not enter the dinning room.

Most men wore a black tux and most ladies wore a nice evening dress. Not many in lounge suits and the ones that did wear lounge suits stood out like a sore thumb!

Also most men still wore a ties with their jackets, even when it was not required. I like to see that the standards are still high.:)

Thanks for the information, first hand experience is hard to beat.:D