Getaway Pools depth

Jenjer

How deep is the kids pool?

I know the adult pool is 8 feet deep.

My DD needs to workout and her coach would like her to tread for a min of a hour a day since she is missing a week of practice. She is a water polo player. She can tread for hours with her hands up or pushing her head down.

She will open swim at the beaches but that's only 3 days and she HATES open beach swims. She is a pool kid not a beach kid.

Do you think they would give her a hard time if she is treading with me in the adult pool early in the morning like before 9?

She is 5'5 and looks like a adult until you see the braces. :-)

How deep is the kids pool?

I know the adult pool is 8 feet deep.

My DD needs to workout and her coach would like her to tread for a min of a hour a day since she is missing a week of practice. She is a water polo player. She can tread for hours with her hands up or pushing her head down.

She will open swim at the beaches but that's only 3 days and she HATES open beach swims. She is a pool kid not a beach kid.

Do you think they would give her a hard time if she is treading with me in the adult pool early in the morning like before 9?

She is 5'5 and looks like a adult until you see the braces. :-)

If you're in there early, I doubt they will give her a hard time. I'd get there at 8 though. 9am is pushing it.

Not that it makes a difference but the adult pool is 6ft 8in.

Thought I'd mention it due to title of post.

I'm just curious if the entire pool is that depth, or if one end is shallow, and that is the deepest part. I like standing around in a pool, so I kind of hope to be able to touch bottom without having to wear my stilettos. Thanks.

I'm just curious if the entire pool is that depth, or if one end is shallow, and that is the deepest part. I like standing around in a pool, so I kind of hope to be able to touch bottom without having to wear my stilettos. Thanks.

Entire pool is that deep. There were only 2 or 3 people in the middle. Everyone was either sitting on the edge with their feet in the water or they were in the water holding holding on to the edge. Also there is a large tanning shelf about 4inches deep all around the pool were some got chairs and placed in the shelf.

Entire pool is that deep. There were only 2 or 3 people in the middle. Everyone was either sitting on the edge with their feet in the water or they were in the water holding holding on to the edge. Also there is a large tanning shelf about 4inches deep all around the pool were some got chairs and placed in the shelf.

Pass the life jacket some of us are "sinkers". :) I can swim but I am like LrgPizza sometimes you just want to stand there and not have to tread water or swim. Also no matter what I do I must be one of the only adults that swims under water and does not want to! I would not be concerned by a young adult accompanied by a parent practicing for a school polo team in the early morning hours.

4.5 ft is way to shallow for her tread Maybe arms only if she sat cross legged.

6'8" or 8' would work great honestly, we will do it early and see what happens. If they ask her to get out we will. I am not going to be one of those people.

Thanks

I was worried I would get flamed for:

1. having her practice on vacation

2. breaking the adults only rule.

Don't worry we are not bringing her ball to pass back and forth like we do at our home pool. :) Or maybe we could start up a water polo game. JK

Trust me that ball hurts when you get hit with it.

4.5 ft is way to shallow for her tread Maybe arms only if she sat cross legged.

6'8" or 8' would work great honestly, we will do it early and see what happens. If they ask her to get out we will. I am not going to be one of those people.

Thanks

I was worried I would get flamed for:

1. having her practice on vacation

2. breaking the adults only rule.

Don't worry we are not bringing her ball to pass back and forth like we do at our home pool. :) Or maybe we could start up a water polo game. JK

Trust me that ball hurts when you get hit with it.

My ds15 broke the rules and went to the gym on the Breakaway. He's 6', and has a gym membership here at home. No one batted an eye.

People (men boys) think she is much older than she is...momma bear not a fan of that.

I have even have adults question her age not knowing I was "that tall blonde girl's" mom. Oh he turned 10 shades of red when I spoke up. Of course being taller than him myself helped. :)

but that's part of them growing up.

I tried to play water polo once but my horse drowned.

I can say I have been asked a few times how do the horses swim.

I am surprised so few people know about the sport.

I think since my DD road for a few years people went to horses when she started playing.

I can say I have been asked a few times how do the horses swim.

I am surprised so few people know about the sport.

I think since my DD road for a few years people went to horses when she started playing.

It's a big deal on the west coast. Alas I can only ride horses through water since treading water does not work for me. And no curious readers I never played polo on my horse. :) I am sure it will work out with your daughter.