Suite Breakfast in Sabatinis

dopanate

The standard setup includes sodas and alcohol. You can specify your choices in the Cruise Personalizer.
No longer able to specify choices in Cruise Personalizer :( This is the information for the Elite Mini-Bar. Suite Mini-Bar is the same.

Elite Mini-Bar

Question: What will my mini-bar consist of?

Answer: Elite members will get a one-time complimentary mini-bar set-up (1 per Elite stateroom) which consists of two (2) miniature bottles each of Cognac, Gin, Vodka and Scotch Whisky, two (2) 12 ounce cans of beer, two (2) 12 ounce cans/bottles of tonic water, two (2) 12 ounce cans of Coca Cola, two (2) 12 ounce cans of Sprite, two (2) 0.5 liter bottles of water, two (2) 11 ounce bottles of Perrier. The contents of the mini-bar are subject to change.

Question: What if I have a specific request for how I’d like my mini-bar stocked?

Answer: Your mini-bar will consist of a selection of liquors, soft drinks, beer, still and sparkling water. Once on board, you may contact Room Service to change your mini-bar selection. Certain restrictions apply.

Question: Can I exchange the items in my Elite mini-bar for wine?

Answer: You may exchange all of your mini-bar items for one bottle of wine. You can choose one of the following:

• Chardonnay Kendall-Jackson
  • Sauvignon Blanc Nobilo
  • Cabernet Sauvignon Kendall-Jackson
  • Pinot Noir Robert Mondavi.
  • Unwooded Chardonnay, Kendall Jackson (Dawn Princess, Sea Princess, Sun Princess - when based in Australia)
  • Wyndhams, Bin 444 Cabernet Sauvignon (Dawn Princess, Sea Princess, Sun Princess - when based in Australia)
  • Brown Brothers, Shiraz (Dawn Princess, Sea Princess, Sun Princess - when based in Australia)

Question: Can I exchange the items in my Elite mini-bar for full bottles of liquor?

Answer: No. Miniature bottles of liquor (50 ml) may be exchanged on a one-for-one basis with other miniature bottles.

Question: Can I exchange the non-alcoholic items in my Elite mini-bar for alcohol?

Answer: No. Non-alcoholic beverages may be exchanged on a one-for-one basis with other non-alcoholic varieties.

Question: What if I don't want any alcohol in my Elite mini-bar?

Answer: If you do not wish to have any alcohol in your mini-bar we will be happy to exchange your mini-bar for one of the following:

• Alcoholic beverages may be exchanged for non-alcoholic beverages on a one-for-one basis
  • Full mini-bar may be exchanged for two (2) Coffee Cards

All water mini-bar setup will consist of eight (8) 1.5 liter bottles of water

Edited by IECalCruiser

• 5 months later...
I believe that I gathered from this thread that brewed coffee is available in Sabatini's during the suite passenger breakfast, correct? Does anyone know if that would also include brewed decaf coffee?

You can have any kind of coffee you want in Sabatini's; designer too. And yes, decaf. I had two Americano's every day and my husband had cappuccino's or something similar.

Sabatani's breakfast is fabulous, and you feel so spoiled by the staff. On the last cruise with Princess, I developed a dental issue one day into the cruise. From the soft breakfast I had to order the next morning, the staff had everything I could eat available when we arrived without even asking, and they even made a couple of suggestion, which I tried, and they were wonderful.

Of course, I must say that I also enjoyed the Laundry--funny, huh? :p

As far as a perk goes I found Sabatini's to be just ok. Service on the Grand was hit and miss for us. I'm not a big breakfast person. I like just coffee and toast in the morning. I can't eat 3 full meals a day and like a light lunch and then a nice dinner. After a few days I got bored with their menu and stopped going. My travel companion loved the experience and kept going. It is definitely a nice spot to have a quiet breakfast. Now as far as Suite perks go loved the Suite breakfast menu for the last morning. It was nice not having to rush to get ready, head to the dining room, then back to pickup your luggage and leave. So much more relaxing having breakfast in your Suite. But the best part of the Suite is not the perks but having the extra space. I'm now spoiled and don't know how I will ever go back to the other staterooms.

Thank you for expressing almost exactly our feelings about cruising. After sailing once in a PH suite on the port side on the Emerald years ago, we now book an aft suite or don't sail. My husband still works so we don't have unlimited vacation time, but we prefer to take one big trip in wonderful accommodations rather than a couple of little ones in smaller cabins.

As for the food at Sabatinis, we've found it to be delicious - much better than anything we've gotten in the dining room, buffet or from room service the few times we've ordered that. The last few times we've sailed with Princess the waiter has asked us if we wanted some off-menu things. On one cruise they noticed that I liked smoked salmon and our waiter asked if I would like an omelet with that. He also knew from conversations we'd had both at breakfast and at dinner that I love asparagus. So he brought me a heavenly omelet with delectable pieces of both. I don't think I've ever had a better one! I hope breakfast at Sabatinis is a suite perk that Princess will continue to offer.

DW & I agree with you 100%. While we do have unlimited time, as we are retired, we do have limited funds and choose to spend it on Luxury rather than Volume! Just our opinion! Also the food is simply wonderfully prepared and served.

Wow - our 2 weeks in a suite, we ate at Sabatini's every morning. If anything the service was almost too much - there was someone at our table constantly, asking if we needed anything, or asking about our cruise.

Can it ever be to much? :D OK I guess it might get there but not yet! ;)

The pastry tray was never cold or hard. The potatoes were never greasy or slimy. My favorite was the poached egg over roasted potato, and the egg was always perfectly poached. The potatoes were never greasy. My husband asked for corned beef hash, and they told him it would be available for him the next day, and it was available for him any day after the first. I requested scrambled eggs with lox and onions a couple of times, and they readily made that for me.

We were always seated at a booth by the window, and the setting was for 2 to face the window. We prefer sitting on the booth with our backs to the window so that we can look at the restaurant. Each day when we came in they would have the settings rearranged by the time we got to our table - and would be ready with our coffee and orange juice.

It was a lovely way to start each day. I'm so sorry that it wasn't that way for you.

Once a week if possible I order Ribeye steak and eggs OE and simply indulge. By the way the smoked salmon is great in their omelets, one of DW's favorites. We cut back at lunch with salads & fruits! Gotta save up for dinners when we go to the Specialty Restaurants!:eek:

Edited by RetiredNTraveling

As far as a perk goes I found Sabatini's to be just ok. Service on the Grand was hit and miss for us. I'm not a big breakfast person. I like just coffee and toast in the morning. I can't eat 3 full meals a day and like a light lunch and then a nice dinner. After a few days I got bored with their menu and stopped going. My travel companion loved the experience and kept going. It is definitely a nice spot to have a quiet breakfast. Now as far as Suite perks go loved the Suite breakfast menu for the last morning. It was nice not having to rush to get ready, head to the dining room, then back to pickup your luggage and leave. So much more relaxing having breakfast in your Suite. But the best part of the Suite is not the perks but having the extra space. I'm now spoiled and don't know how I will ever go back to the other staterooms.

Joe;

Well said......:):):)

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

We usually go about 30 minutes before closing. Not many people there usually and I find I'm still full and usually will skip lunch. Also found the same as most on here if its not on the menu just ask and they will have it for you the next day. We will eat there 5 out of the 7 days on a 7 day cruise. 2 breakfasts on our balcony 1 the last morning as Sabatini's is closed. A great way to start the day.