RCI new and improved website is JUNK

I booked 4 shore excursions on 5 -13, with the new and improved RCI website - not user friendly, not easy to navigate, very slow to work,- nothing is showing up on my cruise planner (except for the things I bought before their new system went into place). I looked at my bank statement, yep the $284 had been taken by RCI (that was the cost of the 4 excursions), but 24 hours later only one is showing in my planner. I called last night and the RCI representative had me on the phone for 21 minutes and she was unable to find it cause the system was locked up. I called this morning, transferred to two different representatives who couldn't find it and said the system was now locked up as a security measure for the customer because two people :eek: (both from RCI) had been on the site looking.. :mad:.. OMG really?

I have two cruises on courtesy hold that I am not going to follow up with because I do not trust this new system they have.

Anyone else having an issue with it?

Two other people here are Cruise Critic are reporting other problems. One has 62 cruise credits missing and the other one has 26 cruise points given to him for taking only 1 cruise.

Both my sister and I worked in IT for over 37 years each. She in the Federal Government and I at a State level. Give it time, a few days maybe. Every upgrade has bugs and kinks that needs to be worked out.

Edited by lady_cruiser

I really need to book some excursions for our upcoming trip and I wanted to order drink packages, but I have had no luck getting it to take my credit card.

In hind sight I guess I am lucky it didn't bill my credit card and give me nothing......:o

RCI is losing money, especially on excursions because some people will either give up or go ahead and book private excursions with an outside company......

I booked 4 shore excursions on 5 -13, with the new and improved RCI website - not user friendly, not easy to navigate, very slow to work,- nothing is showing up on my cruise planner (except for the things I bought before their new system went into place). I looked at my bank statement, yep the $284 had been taken by RCI (that was the cost of the 4 excursions), but 24 hours later only one is showing in my planner. I called last night and the RCI representative had me on the phone for 21 minutes and she was unable to find it cause the system was locked up. I called this morning, transferred to two different representatives who couldn't find it and said the system was now locked up as a security measure for the customer because two people :eek: (both from RCI) had been on the site looking.. :mad:.. OMG really?

I have two cruises on courtesy hold that I am not going to follow up with because I do not trust this new system they have.

OMG Really?

Don't think a website glitch would keep me from taking a cruise

Thank you for posting! I have a similar issue with the new and improved webpage! I booked an excursion in April and went to add more excursions to our upcoming cruise. To make a long story short, the cruise I purchased now has THREE different descriptions and I have no idea which is correct. I wrote to shorex, but have not, yet, heard from them. I am going to wait a bit before adding other excursions. I am not pleased we are all having frustrations, but am glad to know I am in good company! Let's hope they get it straightened out soon!

New and improved? Am I missing something? :confused:

It seems to be messed up to me. I'm trying to look at different categories across a range of dates and it doesn't change the pricing.

Two other people here are Cruise Critic are reporting other problems. One has 62 cruise credits missing and the other one has 26 cruise points given to him for taking only 1 cruise.

Both my sister and I worked in IT for over 37 years each. She in the Federal Government and I at a State level. Give it time, a few days maybe. Every upgrade has bugs and kinks that needs to be worked out.

No offense to your sister is intended as if I remember correctly is was an outside firm...but after all the problems with the ACA site (which is still not working correctly in all aspects...some 8 months after roll-out) is it hilarious seeing a government IT professional say "Give it time, a few days maybe."

Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha.

Dang...I spit coffee on my screen.

OMG, really?

Give it time. If you're not scheduled to cruise either this weekend or next, there probably isn't too much to worry about. I personally work in IT for a bank, specifically with the team that puts in updates to the main website and troubleshoots issues when they happen.

Seeing bugs like this on a widescale release of a major overhaul of a website is NOT uncommon. Unless they ROYALLY (pun intended) screwed up the coding, and fudged the database in a completely incompetent way, you haven't lost anything and you're not being double or triple charged for things. (specifically, with my company, the database, and the servers that control what you see on the websites are completely different. We don't allow coding from one to be on the servers of the other, for this specific reason... Unless RCCL is completely and utterly clueless about IT architecture, which I find extremely hard to believe to be the case, they should have a similar setup). They just have separate applications talking to the new coding that wasn't specifically programmed for that code, so they're seeing some funky results for the time being. Remember, this just went live earlier in the week. Give it a couple weeks to have them work out the bugs, none of which SHOULD be database related, and you should see everything come back up just fine.

If, however, you do notice that, come June, your itinerary is still screwed up and your excursions are not showing, at that point call up RCCL. Make sure you have the confirmation numbers from the emails you received when you booked, and they should be able to locate and re-apply quickly.

• 1 month later...