7 Days to Sail Away on the Zaandam!!!!

Bean na mara

I have revised most of my lists, I am down to 3 or 4 items on my "to do list", have most of the laundry and ironing done, have a couple of items to pick up at the stores, down loaded a book into my borrowed e-reader,will have my DD come and help me a final cull of things I want to take (Kate is my voice of reason) and do a mock pack Tues to see which suitcase to use! I am so excited...Looking forward to seeing beautiful Alaska again and enjoying our upsell to a Veranda suite. May 23rd can't come soon enough....By the way DH thinks I'm a little obsessive and he is probably right :p Spazzsmom (Jean)

We are on the same sailing with friends from back east. Hoping for the good weather to continue on into next week and beyond!! We will also enjoy our upsell to a verandah :) Life is good :) :)

Edited by akacake

Thanks everyone! One day closer to sailing--six more sleeps!!! (can you tell I'm excited?)

I am joining you in excitement!! We fly to YVR in 4 days! I was in YVR on Monday and walked over to Canada Place and there weren't any cruise ships in port that day :( I Always get extra excited when I see other people preparing for what I am about to do...but I didn't get to see anyone :( Maybe I will go down on Wed or Thursday to see whats in port and watch them before the BIG day on Friday :) :) :)

Just off the Zaandam yesterday and I have a couple of suggestions. Visit Gus in the Ocean Bar ... he was really great and it was a good place to spend our "bar" time. You say you have upgraded to a suite. We were in a Vista suite, room 6198 and it was pretty nice. We've never been in a suite before and it took a couple of days to understand that there is a "one touch" button on the phone that connects you to a concierge. We had open dining and it was nigh on to impossible to get a dinner reservation until I discovered this option and was able to book in the MDR a day in advance. Have a great vacation! Here is a shot of one of the ice flows. Hope you see many spectacular ones. photo.php?fbid=10152444679186282&l=b26d77cbdf

Strange... in my last post the link to my photo of the ice flow did not show... trying again... https://www.dropbox.com/s/n09m6i89gh38qbn/IMG_0130%20-%202014-05-13%20at%2011-58-10%20-%20Version%202.jpg

Edited by gibsonsgolfer
Image would not show using the image tool. Trying the link tool instead.

Just off the Zaandam yesterday and I have a couple of suggestions. Visit Gus in the Ocean Bar ... he was really great and it was a good place to spend our "bar" time. You say you have upgraded to a suite. We were in a Vista suite, room 6198 and it was pretty nice. We've never been in a suite before and it took a couple of days to understand that there is a "one touch" button on the phone that connects you to a concierge. We had open dining and it was nigh on to impossible to get a dinner reservation until I discovered this option and was able to book in the MDR a day in advance. Have a great vacation! Here is a shot of one of the ice flows. Hope you see many spectacular ones. photo.php?fbid=10152444679186282&l=b26d77cbdf

Thanks for he suggestion about using the concierge to schedule dinner. We usually just go down early and hope for a window. I get so overwhelmed once I get on the ship that I forget to check the perks for the cabin category that we are sailing.

Were you able to get into Tracy Arm? We'll be on he Zaandam the first week of July. Better question would be how far did you get into Tracy Arm?

Who was your cruise director? I think somebody previously told us who was the captain.

Edited by oaktreerb