Veranda Suite Selection on Odyssey

MightyQuinn

We're very excited to book our first Seabourn cruise, a 32-nite combo voyage in AZ/NZ on Odyssey. We're considering V2 or V3 but there is little availability - only 534 and 610 are available for the full combo voyage. However, 745 is available for both individual 16-nite segments, even though it isn't listed for the longer voyage.

We're leaning towards 610 to get an unobstructed balcony but I'm intrigued by 745. Would it be preferable to 610? It's more midship but looks to be odd-shaped with a smaller balcony. Is there much noise from the connecting doors with the Wintergarden Suite? Or above from the Pool Deck? Would appreciate any thoughts on which suite would be better, as well as any other pointers for a Seabourn newbie. Thanks!

745 is adjacent to the Winter Garden suite and can be attached to it if one wants. The location is great, very close to Seabourn Square but the balcony will be smaller than the normal one. It's a trade off and only you can decide which is more important. I'd go for 610. The good thing about a Seabourn ship is that nothing is too far away.

We had suite very near 534 on our recently completed Sojourn World Cruise. It was a great location and the partial glass on the balcony did not bother us. Personally I would opt for 534 as it is lower than 610 and more towards the middle of the ship, thus if you encounter rough weather there is a little less motion. Also, in suite 610 there may be a little more noise from the anchor although we did hear the noise in our suite. If you have to do laundry, suite 534 is only a few steps away making it very convenient. Lastly, if you are in port and the gangway is on deck 4 and sometimes on deck 5, then you are also only steps away. On the flip side, most times the ship docks on the starboard side, thus if you are one that like to see the ship put up to and sail away from the dock, you will miss out on with a suite on the port side. We however, prefer the privacy, thus we like th e port side.

Would appreciate any thoughts on which suite would be better, as well as any other pointers for a Seabourn newbie. Thanks!

MightyQuinn,

Do you also realise that being a Seabourn Newbie you will be entitled to 400 dollars On Board Credit.

If you wish to have this all you need to do is fill out the Referral Coupon from someone that has sailed with Seabourn before.

I have a Referral Coupon that I can let you have if you so wish.

When is your cruise, the referral coupon has to be sent into Seabourn when your final bill is paid and at least 10 days before you sail

Thanks for the comments. We're cruised quite a bit, yet I feel like a complete novice when booking a cruise line for the first time so I appreciate the advice. We're going to stick with V3 even though V2 is tempting. We'd prefer its midship location but can't get our minds around the obstructed balcony. I'm amazed that there is so little choice of suites available. Virtually all categories are showing GTY even though our sailing is still 9 months away. Seabourn seems to be holding back suites for the individual segments rather than offering them for the combo cruise. Is this usual practice?

LEESRE, I've been scouring this Seabourn forum for a while and I knew about the $400 OBC for new cruisers. I planned to request a referral on the sticky thread a little later on but you've beat me to it! Our final payment is not until Oct '14. Will that timeframe work for you? I'd also like to confirm that the referral OBC is combinable with CCL shareholder OBC.

Had 641 in the Med but was very calm most of the time and could have been anywhere on the ship. Deck 6 was a great location. Aus/ NZ can get rough though, others may be able to comment on that.

LEESRE, I've been scouring this Seabourn forum for a while and I knew about the $400 OBC for new cruisers. I planned to request a referral on the sticky thread a little later on but you've beat me to it! Our final payment is not until Oct '14. Will that timeframe work for you? I'd also like to confirm that the referral OBC is combinable with CCL shareholder OBC.

MightyQuinn,

That is no problem for me, if you require a Referral Coupon then we can arrange this for you.

I am about to go on a cruise myself so shall be away for two weeks, perhaps you could email me and I will arrange for the Referral Coupon to be sent to you.

My email address is( relees at tiscali dot co dot uk ) I think you will realise that the (at is @ and the dot is a . ) I have done it this way so that we should not have spam coming through my email account.

I will contact you when I return. I am sure you will have a great cruise with Seabourn they are one of our favorite companies.

Edited by LEESRE

745 is adjacent to the Winter Garden suite and can be attached to it if one wants. The location is great, very close to Seabourn Square but the balcony will be smaller than the normal one. It's a trade off and only you can decide which is more important. I'd go for 610. The good thing about a Seabourn ship is that nothing is too far away.

Finally able to answer, I'm on my last day of Monte Carlo-Athens cruise on the Odyssey and I'm staying in 745. Have to say it's been wonderful; hardly any noise, and the rooked balcony hasn't bothered me at all. Much better than a forward balcony suite!!

Finally able to answer, I'm on my last day of Monte Carlo-Athens cruise on the Odyssey and I'm staying in 745. Have to say it's been wonderful; hardly any noise, and the rooked balcony hasn't bothered me at all. Much better than a forward balcony suite!!
Ithaca, thanks for reporting your experience in 745. When I was researching that suite, I came across your earlier thread where you had similar questions as I had. I gathered from various replies that 745 would be ideal for a solo traveler but less so for a couple. Were you traveling alone? I'm still intrigued by 745 but it's too late for us to book it now as it's no longer available for both our segments. But I hope to get a peek into it on turnaround day. That should make me popular with the stewardess, no? ;);)

I gathered from various replies that 745 would be ideal for a solo traveler but less so for a couple... But I hope to get a peek into it on turnaround day.

I did just that and concluded that the small, curved balcony of 745 is indeed too small for a couple. There's just enough room for 2 chairs and a small table.

• 2 years later...

Well we have just been allocated 745 for our 2 week Eastern Med cruise - we had a guarantee so not moaning and it looks like others have enjoyed/preferred/ not been bothered by slightly smaller but alternative layout. The balcony looks a bit teeny but we are rarely on it at the same time so shouldn't be a problem.

Where to put the precious will be our next thought. Looks like there may be room to prop the bike next to the connecting door or it may have to go behind the sofa

Mind you, that is the least of everyone's problems with the awful news from Attaturk 😟

Guarantee Suite alllocated Pattie, great, it seems you scored well. The allocation seems to happen about 16 days pre Cruise. I shall stop looking for a week or so. We had the upgrade offer $$$ but chose to not take it, this time.

Hi MightyQuinn welcome to Seabourn all cabins are fabulous you will be hooked. I know your posts well.

Edited by koalapanda