Crown & Anchor Party

You know I never really thought about it till just now reading about the guy who "lives on RCCL" and the gifts they give the longest cruiser.

I mean, how many baskets can you really use?? What they should do is raffle off 2 or 3 gifts to all in attendance. They'd get more to show up and then EVERYONE would be appreciated!

We went on Oasis last year and it was held in the Aqua Theater. They recognized persons on each level, beginning with first time cruisers, and then gave out the obligatory gifts to the longest cruisers or whatever :p They handed out glasses of champagne, mimosas, bloody Mary's, sodas, etc. I believe there was a brief show (staying away from the short diving program-ha, ha) and attendance was very good. They went over the levels and some perks with each also. We enjoyed it and felt that the gathering was well done as it wasn't just for those who had cruised 2,334,989 times...

This is our second cruise with RC and I know on our luggage tags it says we are Gold Members. When do we receive an invite to this if they have this when we go on Allure on 6/29?

Yes.

This is our second cruise with RC and I know on our luggage tags it says we are Gold Members. When do we receive an invite to this if they have this when we go on Allure on 6/29?

The invitation will be in your cabin.

You know I never really thought about it till just now reading about the guy who "lives on RCCL" and the gifts they give the longest cruiser.

I mean, how many baskets can you really use?? What they should do is raffle off 2 or 3 gifts to all in attendance. They'd get more to show up and then EVERYONE would be appreciated!

Very good point! It would be nice to have it shared around. If you are at the Diamond level, you tend to find out pretty quickly who is the highest points person on board from others in the DL, so you know your lowly points are not getting you any surprise gifts. I still enjoy going to the events for a chat, drinks and nibbles.

If you get stuck with the cruise whingers, you really have to move yourself along. We often feel we should be polite, but these negative people don't think that their whining should be reigned in, so I think they are the rude people. Why should we need to listen to their sad attitude? There is nothing stopping you from leaving the event.

I do like the Cruise Critic members' "meet n greet" meetings that RCI put on for us, as they do raffle off a couple of gifts, even bottles of wine at some. We have met some nice people at those also.

Edited by goodycruising

You normally cannot be a member of C&A until after your first cruise on Royal. An exception would be if you have some minimum status on Celebrity.

Are you sure you have a C&A number, and not just a "My Cruises" account on the website? If you have a C&A number, and it's on your booking, then you should be invited.

I registered online and was given a C&A number and Gold status. I logged in and looked at my cruise history, and it shows me having taken a previous RCCL cruise 12 years ago. Since I did not take that cruise, I wonder where they came up with their info? Regardless, my C&A number is showing on my booking, so I guess I'm Gold status along with 90% of the other passengers.

We go to the so called top tier event to meet and mingle, but most important is get updated on any RCL news. This past Feb. they rolled out their new itineraries. They had a dog & pony show in the theatre and lo and behold the entire schedule that they presented went basically out the window in the following 2 months. Don't believe everything they tall you. LOL

EG. Quantum to China instead of NJ.

Nobody knew that. I was on board the Explorer the week before the announcement. On the last day of the cruise, the officers still "knew" that they were going to China.

Whoops. ;)

The invitation will be in your cabin.

And on the Allure, it will probably be in your "Messages" on the interactive TV.

:)

Edited by Merion_Mom

On voyager in February the welcome back was a special ice show which was definitely worth going to. There was recognition of the frequent cruisers. There was a separate top tier gathering ad well.

TanInAus

I registered online and was given a C&A number and Gold status. I logged in and looked at my cruise history, and it shows me having taken a previous RCCL cruise 12 years ago. Since I did not take that cruise, I wonder where they came up with their info? Regardless, my C&A number is showing on my booking, so I guess I'm Gold status along with 90% of the other passengers.

Others have reported an erroneous entry or two in their cruise history. Not a big deal. You're at least Gold level if you have a C&A number.