Cabs and water taxis in Nassua

firestopr

Hello, Everyone.

I was wondering how one gets from the port at Nassau to the Paradise island ferry terminal( we will be going to Blue lagoon).

a few questions

cost?

Land based vs water based?

do they have or do i need to supply Car seats for toddlers?

Thank you all for your help.

I believe the van taxi is $4 per person to Atlantis. The water taxi is $3 per person. There is a bit of a walk from where the water taxi drops you. Both types tend to wait until they fill up before they go.

Personally...after our first experience on a water taxi in Nassau, I would take a cab. I think the water taxis are overloaded and dangerous. They have, on occasion, tipped over and sunk.

Personally...after our first experience on a water taxi in Nassau, I would take a cab. I think the water taxis are overloaded and dangerous. They have, on occasion, tipped over and sunk.

Totally agree with you about the safety of the water taxis. Many years ago we used the water taxi and collated with another water taxi. Thank goodness no one was injured badly, a few bruises for some passengers. Never been back on them again in Nassau.

do not use the water taxi, I agree with other posters, not reliable and they make you wait until its full before they depart. The one we went in wouldn't start, they guy had to climb down inside the hull to start it and then the alleged tour guide handed a hat around wanting a tip claiming he wasn't paid by the water taxi company. A terrible sham.... after than experience from the port to atlantis we caught a land taxi back...

• 2 weeks later...
I believe the van taxi is $4 per person to Atlantis. The water taxi is $3 per person. There is a bit of a walk from where the water taxi drops you. Both types tend to wait until they fill up before they go.

is it best to get a taxi at the desk inside Festival Place or go outside where the horse and buggy rides and such are and grab a taxi there?