Update on Scotch with Classic Pkg

mcbutter

Just back from Summit to Bermuda. We had the Classic Pkg. We are not big drinkers, but I like to have a Scotch now and then. My Scotch of choice is Johnny Walker Red or Black. Since Red was included in the pkg, thats what I had the 2nd night. I went to have one about the 5th or 6th night, and was told Red was not on the Classic but on the Premium. (I double checked it with another bartender at a different bar) Kind of classless of Celebrity to do that mid cruise .... but it is what it is. So to sum it up, Johnny Walker Red is no longer on the Classic Pkg. Sorry to break the bad news to all the JW Red fans with the Classic pkg. Cheers!

Sorry this was your experience but the situation has been rectified. Celebrity posted this on here today:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=313293&d=1400512502

To be accurate, we seem to have an updated "official" list of drinks and it is posted on the UK and Ireland Celebrity websites. That does not mean it has reached the ships and all of the bartenders/waiters on the ships. I think it's more accurant to say that most of us are hopeful that the lists we now see will be implemented uniformly across the entire fleet rapidly. I'm sure we'll hear confirmation or screaming pretty soon....

To be accurate, we seem to have an updated "official" list of drinks and it is posted on the UK and Ireland Celebrity websites. That does not mean it has reached the ships and all of the bartenders/waiters on the ships. I think it's more accurant to say that most of us are hopeful that the lists we now see will be implemented uniformly across the entire fleet rapidly. I'm sure we'll hear confirmation or screaming pretty soon....

The list Celebrity posted on this board today is not the same as the one on the UK website.

The list Celebrity posted on this board today is not the same as the one on the UK website.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Don't tell me that........... I don't believe in my heart that Celebrity HQ is that inept.

Did you find out the cost of the Johnny Walker Red? Or did the bartender just say it was not included in the package? Evidently, as of late, Celebrity has lowered the costs of some spirits to bring them within the parameters of the classic and/or premium package again (apparently Celebrity increased the costs of many spirits so that they were no longer included in the packages).

It sure would be interesting to know exactly much over the $8.00 limit the Johnny Walker Red shot was. To me, there is a difference between it costing $8.50 -- mainly to get that spirit out of the classic package-- and $12.00 to really gouge the consumer and get one to upgrade to the premium package for a regular drink.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Don't tell me that........... I don't believe in my heart that Celebrity HQ is that inept.

They suggested we IGNORE all other lists including those on their various websites.

They suggested we IGNORE all other lists including those on their various websites.

I don't dare look for that list. If you know where it is, please do everyone a favor and post it in a new thread titled "official celebrity classic drink page" and reference the date and who from celebrity posted it.

.......It sure would be interesting to know exactly much over the $8.00 limit the Johnny Walker Red shot was. To me, there is a difference between it costing $8.50 -- mainly to get that spirit out of the classic package-- and $12.00 to really gouge the consumer and get one to upgrade to the premium package for a regular drink.

Even $8 is gouging. JW Red retails for less than $1/ounce, so even $8 is about a six-fold markup. But I see it is back on the 'official' classic list, along with Chivas and Glenfiddich. Good work Celebrity!

Please note that drink prices are subject to change at any time without prior notice and the brands listed below are not guaranteed to be included in the Classic Package.

The above is the last sentence on the their new Classic Package announcement which probably means Stoli, Kettle One, Bombay Sapphire, Glenfiddich, Chivas, Jack Daniels, Bailey's, etc, etc, will be next week's exclusions.

What good is the updated list since it starts off with:

"Please note that drink prices are subject to change at any time without prior notice and the brands listed below are not guaranteed to be included in the Classic Package."

So basically, the list means nothing.

Enjoy

Ron

What good is the updated list since it starts off with:

"Please note that drink prices are subject to change at any time without prior notice and the brands listed below are not guaranteed to be included in the Classic Package."

So basically, the list means nothing.

Enjoy

Ron

Yeah, they should like guarantee it for life man! And sign it with Michael Bayley's blood. They're screwin' us man! :rolleyes:

We have a daily Beefeater Martini pre-dinner, and on vacation, we enjoy a Heinekens with lunch. After dinner, listening to music in the lounge or at the show, we like Dewars rocks, or a Benedictine, B&B, or Drambuie. On the Celebrity website, all of these were listed as included in the Classic Beverage package so we anticipated that we would enjoy our brands when we boarded on 5-11. The various bars instead denied us these brands. Instead, we were told only various nasty tasting no-name brands were included in our Classic package OR we could have our brands at the full listed price. When I asked at Guest Relations, I was given a listing of brands for the Classic Beverage Package. Counter to what we were told at various Summit bars, Beefeaters was on the Classic list! But, the only Scotch listed were, Cutty Sark and Old Black Bush (?). Unlike the website, Ketel 1, B&B, Benedictine, and Drambuie were not on the list Guest Relations gave me on board last Tuesday. Today in our on-line evaluation of the 5-11-14 Summit cruise, we gave highest grades to all areas of our experience BUT we condemned Celebrity for deception in the website list of the Classic Beverage package. I would like to think that they now are giving guests what they have been promising.

A shame that OP had the rug pulled out from under.... from one cruise to the next....does not sound right to me

We'll take what we get on our next cruise but would not pay for a drinks package..or select it as a future perk......just bring our two bottles of wine as we did previously..and pay for drinks and tea.

. X used the alcohol packages to attract pax away from other lines..wonder if they'll go away now the the drinks perks are not included and prices have gone up.

we have pre-paid for excursions and specialty dining so hope they don't try change the price on those....

Edited by hcat

A shame that OP had the rug pulled out from under.... from one cruise to the next....does not sound right to me

We'll take what we get on our next cruise but would not pay for a drinks package..or select it as a future perk......just bring our two bottles of wine as we did previously..and pay for drinks and tea.

. X used the alcohol packages to attract pax away from other lines..wonder if they'll go away now the the drinks perks are not included and prices have gone up.

we have pre-paid for excursions and specialty dining so hope they don't try change the price on those....

Good for you for recognizing what is and what isn't good value for you. Too bad more posters don't do the same. The premium package is great value for me - not so much for others. Isn't choice great! :)

We have a daily Beefeater Martini pre-dinner, and on vacation, we enjoy a Heinekens with lunch. After dinner, listening to music in the lounge or at the show, we like Dewars rocks, or a Benedictine, B&B, or Drambuie. On the Celebrity website, all of these were listed as included in the Classic Beverage package so we anticipated that we would enjoy our brands when we boarded on 5-11. The various bars instead denied us these brands. Instead, we were told only various nasty tasting no-name brands were included in our Classic package OR we could have our brands at the full listed price. When I asked at Guest Relations, I was given a listing of brands for the Classic Beverage Package. Counter to what we were told at various Summit bars, Beefeaters was on the Classic list! But, the only Scotch listed were, Cutty Sark and Old Black Bush (?). Unlike the website, Ketel 1, B&B, Benedictine, and Drambuie were not on the list Guest Relations gave me on board last Tuesday. Today in our on-line evaluation of the 5-11-14 Summit cruise, we gave highest grades to all areas of our experience BUT we condemned Celebrity for deception in the website list of the Classic Beverage package. I would like to think that they now are giving guests what they have been promising.

Sorry to hear it, but you are victims of the recent bait and switch. Perhaps customer service will compensate you. Please let us know.