Excursion booking question

HMSDingy

You can book your excursions at any time. If you know what you want to do, go ahead and book. If you change your mind you can always cancel. Some excursions are in great demand and can be sold out prior to a cruise. So if you don't want to be disappointed, book.

Also, we have seen the excursions be higher priced if you wait to book on the ship.

Edited by Daisyloo

Sooner rather than later. Popular ones can definitely sell out. Plus, I'm not sure about price increases in advance, but I do know that if you wait til you're onboard, the same excursion can be a few more dollars.

I've never waited as long as just 30 days before sailing to book a Princess excursion. Generally, I'm on it fairly quickly after the open/after I've booked, depending on which comes first. Since you can always cancel nearly everything with no penalty and don't have to pre-pay, there's no downside to booking early.

When is the best time to book excursions? Is a month before cruise time too soon?
It's never too soon. Sometimes, tour prices increase or sold out if you don't book when you have the opportunity. On Princess, you're making a reservation for the tour, not pre-paying so there's no financial benefit and possible loss if you wait to book just before sailing or on the ship.

and if you're talking about private excursions, they fill up as well. book now...right now...online...except you're in montreal and are probably asleep now. book tomorrow, first thing! and have a great cruise. :)

I always book my tours well in advance and then, over the months, I may switch or cancel some. And sometimes,they even add other excursions. One of the things I really love about Princess is the ability to book without payment until you board the ship and cancel excursions up to a day or two before the excursion with no loss of money.

Maureen

Agree with most of what everyone else is stating...just make sure to read any "Special notes" for any excursion you are looking at, just one example, we are doing a helicopter excursion in Maui next year and if we not cancelled by noon the day after we embark (7 days before the excursion) it will not be refunded...I believe it is due to the limited availability for this particular excursion, but always good to read all "fine print" ;)

Get on your cruise ship's Roll Call. Folks there will likely have already started booking Private excursions and may have openings. We booked all but 2 excursions Privately thru our Roll Call last October in the Eastern Med. The private groups travel 8-16 to a group in smaller busses that can get into the towns with the small streets that the bigger busses with 55 people cannot get into. So guess what happens, the big bus has to park blocks away from the destination and you have to walk it, while the small bus drops you off at the nearest corner. You can also change your tour while in route if something more interesting comes up. You are paying for time not destination. You can stop for lunch or anything else you and your group may need. Of the two Princess excursions we did, one was a real dud, should have been a sea day, the other was a really overpriced gondola ride thru Venice. YMMV.

I always book excursions the day they open. I have time to review them before then so I know what I want.

The best thing about it is that you are never locked in until the day before the excursion. I have changed my mind and booked different excursions and canceled others along the way. But, book as soon as you can to make sure you are not frozen out.

You can always cancel later.

We sail on the CB end of October and there are no shore excursions listed under the "my Princess" . Wondering when the shore excursions will show as available?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We sail on the CB end of October and there are no shore excursions listed under the "my Princess" . Wondering when the shore excursions will show as available?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

about 120 days out...but often earlier. yours should be soon. I have a mid-October and they're not out yet either.