Amsterdam world cruise

Sidney24

gwpr7

Before everyone else jumps in to tell you the Grand World is in January I'll give you a road map.

At the bottom of this page is forum jump, scroll down to Holland America Line Roll Calls and click that. You'll see a list of ships, find your ship and you'll see roll calls for different sailings of that ship. Introduce yourself and you'll be able to chat with others on your cruise.

• 3 weeks later...
We seem to have a communication problem. I told you about 10 days ago on another thread that the full itinerary for the world cruise 2016 is OUT already and.... since the 3rd week of April. It is published, do you want a copy ????? There is also a thread on the roll call showing the FULL itinerary Under AMSTERDAM WORLD CRUISE 2016.

Give me your email, I will send you the full itinerary that was provided and published by Stein Kruse's office.

Could you send it to rafinmdcc-info AT yahoo Dot com. I probably had a chance to get it on the ship but expected to be in Antarctica in 2016. I'm now pushing Antarctica back to 2017 and am curious about 2016.

Thanks

Roy

it is a shame HAL is dropping Easter Island. We twice did a segment of the World Cruise ( In 2012 Fort Lauderdale to Sydney and in 2014 Fort Lauderdale to Hong Kong). Easter Island was a highlight of both cruises. I like sea days but eight in a row is a bit much. I also notice that the 2015 cruise is stopping at a lot of small Pacific Islands. The islands start becoming too much of the same after awhile. Easter Island is unique with their Moai Statutes.

Edited by Ferry Beach Kayaker

Could you send it to rafinmdcc-info AT yahoo Dot com. I probably had a chance to get it on the ship but expected to be in Antarctica in 2016. I'm now pushing Antarctica back to 2017 and am curious about 2016.

Thanks

Roy

Hi Roy, I just emailed it to you; let me know if you do not receive it.

Louise

it is a shame HAL is dropping Easter Island. We twice did a segment of the World Cruise ( In 2012 Fort Lauderdale to Sydney and in 2014 Fort Lauderdale to Hong Kong). Easter Island was a highlight of both cruises. I like sea days but eight in a row is a bit much. I also notice that the 2015 cruise is stopping at a lot of small Pacific Islands. The islands start becoming too much of the same after awhile. Easter Island is unique with their Moai Statutes.

Yeah that's why we will NOT be booking the World cruise on the Amsterdam.

Yeah that's why we will NOT be booking the World cruise on the Amsterdam.

It is never a good idea anyway to book a cruise only because of ONE single port as NO ports are ever guaranteed on a cruise.

Easter Island was on 4 of the last 6 WC. It is a tricky port, not easy to get on the island because of windy conditions and strong currents. The captains did a great job in the last few world cruises to get the passengers there but sometimes, bad decisions were made Under pressure of the 'must see, bucket list' and expensive damages were done to the tenders. Not to mention that these tenders are also LIFE boats and that Easter Island is 5 days away from any other land.

If you really want to make sure you get to Easter Island, fly there, If not, even if it is on the itinerary, it does not mean you will go at all....

Too many sea days? Too many port days? Some times you get people that

ask questions and want others to make up their minds for them. We were on

the last World Cruise, and the sea days; well, some were boring some were

exhilarating. I also felt that their were too many islands and they all looked

alike. This I will consider in the future. Experience says it all. I think one has

to experience a World Cruise or Grand Voyages to give a qualified answer

as what is too many in their opinion. If a questioner has a closed mind and

is just wanting to be convinced, well, that becomes an exercise in

wasted time. On the Grand Asia we did ten days in a row Sea to Jap. When

we docked we all said boy that stretch was pretty easy, of course after it

was over. Experience a long cruise for yourself, and see what I mean.