Best time to board 11:30? Noon? 2pm?

Lovelearning

We've been to the Vancouver cruise terminal many times, but have never done this...can you drop your luggage at Canada Place about 12n, then NOT get in the boarding crowd until later? We would like to have a nice lunch ashore at a local place we like, then get in line to board about 2pm. We would rather do this, even with our carryons, rather than go aboard, leave and have to recheck-in later.

Thanks for any tips,

Penny

Many of us like to be on the ship as early as possible, to make our trip seem as long as possible. 11:00 check in would be my recommendation, boarding should begin shortly, thereafter.

We've been to the Vancouver cruise terminal many times, but have never done this...can you drop your luggage at Canada Place about 12n, then NOT get in the boarding crowd until later? We would like to have a nice lunch ashore at a local place we like, then get in line to board about 2pm. We would rather do this, even with our carryons, rather than go aboard, leave and have to recheck-in later.

Thanks for any tips,

Penny

I am sure you can (people who stay at Pan Pacific do this as they pickup the luggage from your room at 9 AM). Just drop the luggage (right near where the taxi's dropoff under Canada Place) and then walk out the up ramp to the street - easy walk.

DaveOKC

I make sure hubby and I get to the port by 1130 latest, he's the slow poke, but anxious as I am I like to be in, have lunch, and settled. Sometimes at 11:30- noon the buffet is already packed so you know people have been onboard since 11 am.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am sure you can (people who stay at Pan Pacific do this as they pickup the luggage from your room at 9 AM). Just drop the luggage (right near where the taxi's dropoff under Canada Place) and then walk out the up ramp to the street - easy walk.

DaveOKC

You're right Dave! I should've known this. We stayed at Pan Pacific last year and they picked up our luggage about 9am, and then we just went to check into the cruise about 10:30am. Had to wait until about 11:30am to board. We wanted to try the Mariner lunch. This time we'll drop off our luggage by the taxis, then have our special lunch ashore. Thanks for reminding me!

Penny:)

GOod morning,

We've sailed out of Pier 91 at least 6 times and we're one of the ones who like to get there as early as possible. I want to be on that ship as soon as I can! We drive down (since we live 90 minutes away) and I aim for us to arrive by 10:30. I can drop DH off, along with the luggage, park the car, and be back quickly on the shuttle. Usually we're all checked in and waiting by 11;00. Since he is wheelchaired on we're in the 2nd group to board and have time to get settled, have lunch, and enjoy the ship before it gets crowded. We don't mind the wait and love to people watch. We end up visiting with others waiting for assistance to board which is often quite interesting. I'm a "get there early" person!

Karen

We have boarded in various ports anywhere from 11:30 - 2:00. Just regular verandah customers.

Out of all those cruises, we have only once ever had to wait more than 20 minutes to board any ship/any cruise line. And most of the cruises have been done on ships with 1800-2800 passenger capacity.

Edited by iancal

We get there as early as possible. Because, even if there is a wait, WE'RE GOING ON A FLIPPING CRUISE!!!! Woo hoo!!! LOL

Down girl. Down. You've still got three months and a day to go. ;)

Down girl. Down. You've still got three months and a day to go. ;)

I don't know if I'm going to make it. I'm so excited I might spontaneously combust. Thank goodness we have trip insurance :D We will be in Seattle 3 months from yesterday.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

In all seriousness, though, I'm so very very grateful to even be able to travel the way we do. We, on CC, are so blessed and fortunate. I like to get to know our fellow passengers, so we get there early :)

I don't know if I'm going to make it. I'm so excited I might spontaneously combust. Thank goodness we have trip insurance :D We will be in Seattle 3 months from yesterday.

My fly-to-Seattle date is two months from tomorrow!!!! I'm completely psyched!!! Cannot believe it's finally almost here!!!

My fly-to-Seattle date is two months from tomorrow!!!! I'm completely psyched!!! Cannot believe it's finally almost here!!!

So excited to be in the double digits! It wasn't long ago my count down was in the 400's! LOL

On our May 17th Westerdam cruise we got to the terminal at 10am after parking at the Port parking and taking the shuttle. We were earlier than I expected to be but the traffic was really good that AM. We waited outside the terminal door until around 10:45 and then were among the first to check-in. We were in Group 2. On board at 11:30, cabin ready, in the completely uncrowded LIdo at 11:45.