Some photos from TA May 9 - 16

rgaudet

Here is a link to some photos from the crossing last week. Lots of different weather and sea conditions. I really enjoyed sailing on QM2 for the second time, especially with the anniversary celebrations.

Rob

Here is a link to some photos from the crossing last week. Lots of different weather and sea conditions. I really enjoyed sailing on QM2 for the second time, especially with the anniversary celebrations.

Rob

Hi Rob,

Excellent photos, thank you so very much for giving us the opportunity to see them, thank you :) . Wonderful!

All best wishes and happy sailings for the future,

Edited by pepperrn

Great photos, Rob!

You really captured Queen Mary 2's magnificence!

Such a wonderful week. Such a fabulous ship!

You'd think I wouldn't need a QM2 fix so soon after embarkation, but from the feelings your photos evoke, evidently I did....

Thank you, so much, for sharing with us.

Rob,

I'm always amazed at how some people can post reviews and/or pictures so soon after their cruise or voyage. We've barely had time to get our pictures downloaded into the computer and turned "right side up", much less really look at them and sort out some good ones to share.

Like jimmybean said, we're appreciative of the QM2 "fix" you've given all of us who sailed with you...especially the photos you took of the QM2's arrival in Southampton, which we didn't have the good fortune of seeing, even though we had a pre-cruise overnight stay there. Sadly, even with our "transfer" from the Southampton Hilton (which was about five miles away from the pier), we didn't arrive at the terminal until about 1:00 pm on May 9th. Our "transfer" bus took about 1 hour to load and drive through all the traffic congestion and road works in Southampton, before we first spotted the QM2 at 1:00 pm as we sat outside the entry to Ocean Terminal. We'd hoped to see some "incoming" footage of the QM2 and the other two ships on the "YOUR VOYAGE" DVD that we received as a gift from our Cruise Planner...but there was only a aerial shot of the three ships at the one dock. Your photos are terrific...especially the "incoming" ones with the fire boat welcoming water cannons! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Debjo

Rob,

Where on earth or rather I should say, "Where on the QM2" was that CUPCAKE STATION? It is another thing that we totally missed!!! Oh well, I guess another "crossing" is in our future...a "crossing" to do all those things that we didn't get done or things we missed seeing on this one!

Debjo

Thanks for the nice comments.

The photos of the sail in were taken from Mayflower park where, I thought, there was going to be a sail by. Unfortunately there wasn't so i was reduced to using the zoom. Actually quite happy with how the photos turned out, much better than how I experienced it with the naked eye.

Debjo: the cupcake station was in the King's Court one day at lunch time as I strolled through. Amazingly I got a nice photo without the masses devouring it!

Underwater: LOL! I took the advice of capnpugwash and used it to accompany my unpacking. It worked wonderfully! Look, it's not the stuff to analyze, I just thought, I'm on QM2 heading on a TA and my steward left me something cold to drink while I unpack. Fantastic!! It's all part of the experience now!

Rob

Rob

Good grief! Ole Homer Simpson is almost worn down to nothing now - I wonder if he could be restored. :eek:

J

Stephen Payne's lecture didn't seem to be very well attended. :eek::eek:

It was well attended. The panorama shot was taken before her started, he was setting up. They moved to the royal court theatre because his lecture on Queen Mary and Queen Elizabeth filled Illuminations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob,

Where on earth or rather I should say, "Where on the QM2" was that CUPCAKE STATION? It is another thing that we totally missed!!! Oh well, I guess another "crossing" is in our future...a "crossing" to do all those things that we didn't get done or things we missed seeing on this one!

Debjo

Can not understand why you put the Suite/room/cabin you occupied? If in the top suite or the bottom cabin we still all arrive at the same ports and eat the same food, perhaps is does your ego good.

For luckymal...

I don't know if you are referencing Rob's picture of his balcony cabin or my inclusion of the Cabin Category in the dates/ships/special occasions of our "Previously Enjoyed" cruises that appear in my signature line. If you're making the inquiry of me rather, than Rob, I'll share with you that there is no "ego" intent here...I use it all as a memory reference so I don't forget how special each of our week-long vacations are. I'd hate to have them all blur together over time. We enjoy sailing in all types of cabin accommodations and locations on a ship, that we feel are the best value for our money on any given ship, cruise line, or itinerary. All in all, we seem to gravitate toward the aft balcony cabins, as we like the gentle rocking of the ship there, which gives us a great night sleep, along with a great view first thing in the mornings over the balcony rail!

Thanks for inquiring.

For Rob...I'm glad that you included a photo of your cabin on the QM2. It looked just like ours, except for the "sheltered" part of our balcony, which didn't let you see "out" if you were sitting in the chair. You could only see "out" if you were standing at the balcony rail.

Debjo

Edited by debjo

Can not understand why you put the Suite/room/cabin you occupied? If in the top suite or the bottom cabin we still all arrive at the same ports and eat the same food, perhaps is does your ego good.

Gosh, I don't think that Debjo's description of their cabin situration would have anything to do with ego. I must say I didn't notice it in the signature until you pointed it out.

Different cabin situations can certainly change your perspective of a voyage and at times I find this helpful to know when I read a comment or review.

... If in the top suite or the bottom cabin we still all arrive at the same ports and eat the same food ...
Hi luckymal,

When you eventually go on a cruise or crossing you'll discover we don't all eat the same food. It would be boring if we did.

In addition on Cunard ships some passengers only dine in a "Grill" restaurant, other passengers I know only ever use the buffet for every meal.

When you've actually had the experience, you'll understand the differences better.

Best wishes.

Edited by pepperrn

Gosh, I don't think that Debjo's description of their cabin situration would have anything to do with ego. I must say I didn't notice it in the signature until you pointed it out.

Different cabin situations can certainly change your perspective of a voyage and at times I find this helpful to know when I read a comment or review.

Neither did I!

Underwater: LOL! I took the advice of capnpugwash and used it to accompany my unpacking. It worked wonderfully! Look, it's not the stuff to analyze, I just thought, I'm on QM2 heading on a TA and my steward left me something cold to drink while I unpack. Fantastic!! It's all part of the experience now!

Rob

I agree.....although they gave me a whole bottle. Obviously they must know that it takes me a lot longer to unpack. :D

Thanks for the great pictures.