Maximizing Aqua Class on Solstice?

John73

Hi Frawnsay, I'm a super newbie here (this is my first post). I'm about to take the plunge and book my first cruise for our honeymoon. Planning on Alaska June 2015 in an aqua class rear-facing aft room. Silly question, but I was wondering- were the flowers in your photo included with the aqua cabin, or something you purchased? Thanks!

Not an AQ perk :(

Prior to boarding around noon, we visited Pike Place Market, where a e purchased the flowers. Thanks to CC, I knew that I could bring them on board! Our steward brought us a vase and changed the water every day for us. He even asked if he could "clean up" the bouquet toward the end of the trip in order to remove flowers that had seen better days. And that huge bouquet was only $15!

This trip to Alaska was to celebrate our wedding, too--just five years later! June was wonderful as I didn't see one mosquito! Wishing you the best during your planning am for your upcoming marriage!

There are very few middle hump balcony cabins. The OP is going to Alaska, have you ever had a balcony cabin on an Alaska cruise? Other than at the glacier it's not that important. We were on a 28 day cruise on the Solstice and after the first couple of days the balconies were not being used. We ate dinner 27 out of the 28 days in Blu, only one dinner in the MDR . Much better atmosphere in Blu compared to the MDR in my opinion. However if a little more balcony space is more important to you than go for it. BTW have you ever had an Aqua class cabin?

I SO disagree with that statement. I've been to Alaska twice and we lived on our balcony. Both times. As I plan to do again next year. And yes, I've sailed in AQ as well. Blu was great. Service in cabin was terrible and balcony was tiny. I'll take a 1A any day.

I've done two Alaska trips. On one we did an inside cabin and wished we had a balcony as we had lovely weather - we would have used our balcony a lot that trip. On our second trip, we did have a balcony but we did not use it much as it was very cold, but also very rainy and foggy. In the Inside Passage we often could not even see as far as the land on each side :(. I did not regret having at as it is nice to be able to step outside to see the sights when the weather was passable, and the balcony doors make the room seem even larger than it is. But I think use in Alaska really can vary based on the weather, and based on how one can tolerate the weather. We are used to cold here in Chicago, but when it was so damp and cold it was not really pleasant at all to sit outside. That said, going back next year - can't wait and definitely will be doing a balcony!!