Live review Allure of the Seas May 25th Eastern Caribbean

My wife and I sailed on Oasis last spring and we looked forward to sailing on the sister ship Allure and we had a great time.

Highlights:

All shows were incredible oceanaria, ice games, blue planet, Chicago. All high end production.

Room attendant Dominic, awesome.

Cruise Director Ken the best.

Windjammer food was the best we have had in (6) cruises. We do not eat there often, but were so impressed by the lunch and dinner offerrings on this cruise that we ate there 4 times for dinner. MDR dinner first night was good, prime rib was phenominal.

Park central roastbeef and make your own salad, delicious.

Hot dog stand what a great place, fresh baked hot dog buns, 7 offerings all excellent! If I were 20 years younger i could have camped there!

Stops in St Thomas, avoid the crowds, find the ferry to water island, rent a golf cart ( kellys carts) cruise around the 600 acre island, then drive right up on the Honeymoon beach at " Christy's" i think that was the name, great food, beautiful beach, quiet, friendly. 6000 cruisers on our ship and there were about 50 at this beach...nice, will not dissapoint.

St Maarten, did the Bob Cass speedboat tour. This is amazing and worth double the cost. Lunch is all fresh island bbq, fish or chicken with red beans rice. Snorkeling at tinttamare and the sea turtles, awesome. Snorkeling at creole rock the best snorkel spot for us so far! 3 more remote beach stops and pinnel island, jumping waves on the atlantic side, Maho, flying at 70 knots the last 5 miles! Book this!

Lowlights

Samba Grill was awful, and i am guarded in my criticism, but the meat was tastless, the pork, lamb, sausage all over cooked. This is not close to the quality specialty restaurant that we are used to on Royal, Princess or HL.

Giovannis...seafood soup was just awful, and I hate to say this, but I literally took one bite and had to push it aside...and I am a seafood lover. Salad average.

Bread, tastless. Crustini appetizer excellent, gnocci average at best, lamb chops were best part of the meal, but the accompanying side of sauteed spinach and squash was very bitter and was a complete disconnect with the lamb. Desserts average. These were our only 2 specialty dinners on the cruise and they were both a dissapointment, and Im being kind...although waitstaff always good.

This has been mentioned recently in other allure reviews, but we noticed a general " sadness, overworked, attitude" and pop up smiling now and then.

We have not seen this so comprehensively before in our 5 other cruises. This is not to say that everyone had this " malaise" ther were occasional happy staff, especially our room attendant.

One interesting tidbit from today was that they were refueling in St. Marteen of all places. I never would've thought that refueling on any Caribbean island was cheaper than Ft. Lauderdale with bigger refineries and more availability.

We were on this cruise too and we asked a crew member and he told us that the ship only refuels at this port......which means that it gets two weeks per tankful :D

We were a family of 7 with 4 cabins on the Allure three weeks ago, two out of four of us had our thermostats on lowest setting (balcony door closed/sealed and master switch never touched) and we found our cabin to get very warm during the middle of the night did you have this problem? If not what cabin were you in and what deck?

We were on this cruise and the clock I brought has a thermometer in it and our room was 68 the whole time. We had it turned all the way down and every time we went out on the balcony we locked the door. If you don't do that the a/c shuts off even if the door is closed. I am happy to say we FROZE in the room! We were in a balcony room 11206.