Another ISP tender thread

mlkmnsgrl

Just read several threads, but as this is our first cruise and I'd never heard of tendering, I just want to be sure I understand correctly:

We are arriving on the Sun, June 18 at 9am. We are booked with F.I.S.H.E.S. and Marjorie sent me this:

We had 9:30 a.m. pickups this a.m. the cruise ship people said they wouldn't get off the ship until 9:45 a.m., so both groups were aggressive and got off on the first tenders! One group went to the cruise director and I don't know who the other group spoke to. If you get the run around, you might tell them you have to get off and to your tour and get back to your children on the ship! They really want you to have a good time and don't want any complaints, but they also want you to book with the cruise lines! You might get special passes the night before you arrive here.

At this point we're the only 2 on their morning tour, so I guess if we can't get off until 9:45, they've gotta wait, but I don't want to miss out on time with the whales just because we didn't know how to get off quickly.

Can someone (or several someones ;)) walk me through how I should go about being "aggressive" and/or getting "special passes the night before". We'll be lowly inside cabin pax, so I doubt we can go the cruise director route--I kinda expect to be a 2nd class citizen since we're not in a suite or balcony.

My husband isn't particularly punctual, but he'll stick to a schedule if I really push, so I just want to be really clear on what time we'll need to have breakfasted and gotten in line (or whatever is involved) for the tender boat.

Thanks all!!!

Edit: oh, and, I'm not sure what she meant about the children thing since they're not going to be with us on this trip...?

Edited by mlkmnsgrl

If it's RCI they don't give passes for priority tenders...I would be one of the first to the tender deck and line up asap.. Probably no need to be agressive..your tour guide will wait for you and probably a few minutes won't make much difference to the whales you will see...Enjoy.... We're getting ready for our 3rd Alaska cruise next week :D

Is the Sun a NCL ship? I've never been on a NCL ship, so don't know how they handle the tender process. But some cruise lines offer priority passes to passengers in higher stateroom categories or those in the highest loyalty tiers of their loyalty program. If you don't qualify for a priority tender pass then you will need to be in line early. Actually, the tender ride from the ship to the pier at ISP is rather short so the tendering process is relatively quick (we once did a cruise through French Polynesia in which all ports but one were tender ports, and one of the tender trips was 40 minutes in duration).

Just read several threads, but as this is our first cruise and I'd never heard of tendering, I just want to be sure I understand correctly:

We are arriving on the Sun, June 18 at 9am. We are booked with F.I.S.H.E.S. and Marjorie sent me this:

At this point we're the only 2 on their morning tour, so I guess if we can't get off until 9:45, they've gotta wait, but I don't want to miss out on time with the whales just because we didn't know how to get off quickly.

Can someone (or several someones ;)) walk me through how I should go about being "aggressive" and/or getting "special passes the night before". We'll be lowly inside cabin pax, so I doubt we can go the cruise director route--I kinda expect to be a 2nd class citizen since we're not in a suite or balcony.

My husband isn't particularly punctual, but he'll stick to a schedule if I really push, so I just want to be really clear on what time we'll need to have breakfasted and gotten in line (or whatever is involved) for the tender boat.

Thanks all!!!

Edit: oh, and, I'm not sure what she meant about the children thing since they're not going to be with us on this trip...?

we will be standing in the early line with you on the Sun

because we have a 9:30 am bear watching tour! can't wait for our trip!

we will be standing in the early line with you on the Sun

because we have a 9:30 am bear watching tour! can't wait for our trip!

Yay! Glad there'll be a familiar face. And bear watching sounds super!

We went with Floyd and Marjorie at F.I.S.H.E.S on May 11 and we were delayed getting off of Radiance at we were greeted with a smile by Marjorie even though we were late. We too were the only 3 on the morning trip and all I can say is WOW !!! They are such nice people you truly will have the time of your life. I think I took around 500 pictures. Our 6 year old was with us and had a great time. Enjoy and don't fret over being a little late, just try your best and enjoy !! Tell them Todd, Kim, and Wyatt said HI !!!