B2B ~ Independence ~ April 20th & 26th: My Diary

We absolutely crashed once we got back on board the ship. We have discovered something. We can no longer drink on the beach and then function during the evening hours. It's hell getting old! It was hard getting up and getting ready for dinner, but we managed. We were a little late getting to the CL tonight. Nice gathering there tonight and we had a nice time visiting with great folks!

DSC03546_zpsd7368cc0.jpg

I also had a real treat this evening when Merion_Mom, aka Carol, came in to say hello! We have seen each other posting for a number of years here on CC, but have never met. It was so good to meet her in person. The "Moms" meet at last!

DSC03547_zps8ad284e0.jpg

Here is another picture of Nizar. Anyone see a pattern here?

DSC03544_zps0ff43c5a.jpg

Dinner was ok tonight. I had some kind of a salmon appetizer that was too salty. Then a fish entrée that was so-so. But the dessert tonight was outstanding.....the honey nut tart.

DSC03550_zps7dd05714.jpg

DSC03552_zps6464bf8c.jpg

DSC03553_zpsc6de5d23.jpg

The Love and marriage Show was just OK tonight. We went back to the cabin after that.

Wednesday ~ April 30th ~ St. Kitts

Yet another beautiful day and another one of my favorite ports!

DSC03559_zps4e5a9351.jpg

Got to the CL and breakfast early once again so we could get on out to the beach.

We had plans to meet Al and Phyllis at 9 o'clock and they were right on time!

DSC03560_zps7ede3600.jpg

We got right off the ship and headed out for the day!

DSC03561_zps00c1f9fc.jpg

DSC03562_zpsb2fdf8a4.jpg

We went straight to the taxi guys and got a taxi over to the Marriott.....our favorite hang out on St. Kitts! (Taxi is $3 pp). We get the day pass at the Marriott for $35 pp. We discovered the Marriott several years ago and have been going there ever since. We tried out a number of beaches here, but none can measure up to this beach day. You have beautiful pools and a fabulous beach! So relaxing!

First of all we go down to the beach and set up under one of their great cabanas.

DSC03575_zps2573ebbb.jpg

DSC_0041_zps8229e422.jpg

We are heading to Palm Beach in November! That place looks gorgeous and relaxing; just what we are looking for.

I was waffling about going back to Orient Beach, and thought maybe we'd try Le Galion, but your pictures/review have made my decision easy. Palm Beach :)

We relaxed here at the beach until lunch time.

DSC03572_zpsa84cc2b1.jpg

DSC_0047_zps52e85bfc.jpg

We then gathered up all our stuff and went up to the restaurant by the pool and ordered lunch. John and I split a hamburger plate and they put our halves on different plates and gave us both plenty of fries and slaw. Phyllis got a fish sandwich that was huge. Al got a ginormous order of nachos! If you eat here, be sure and go early as they can be a little slow. Also take a credit card because they do not take cash at the restaurant.

DSC03590_zps2526f423.jpg

DSC03591_zpsf99f523d.jpg

DSC03589_zps2f5ee6aa.jpg

DSC03581_zpsfa0cdd07.jpg

DSC03585_zps04d645c3.jpg

DSC03583_zpsa3a49927.jpg

We wanted to spend the rest of the day up at the pool, so I searched for a place for us to sit. I luckily found a spot, but had to move a few chairs around. I called everybody over and we had some very nice pool time!

DSC_0048_zpsb87f9efc.jpg

DSC03593_zps172da118.jpg

DSC03594_zpsa331211d.jpg

DSC03595_zps4edd57bd.jpg

The great Marriott Wi-Fi works great by the pool, so we had a good time posting on Facebook and checking e-mail.

As the afternoon came to a close, we gathered our things again and went out front to get a taxi back to the ship. What a wonderful property and another fabulous beach/pool day!

DSC03596_zps73dc8ada.jpg

Our cab was really nice:

DSC03598_zpsb0e00088.jpg

DSC03599_zps42fe1287.jpg

When we got back to the port....we went straight back to the ship.

DSC03600_zpse07b37fe.jpg

DSC03602_zps26c74432.jpg

DSC03603_zpsda0db37c.jpg

We are heading to Palm Beach in November! That place looks gorgeous and relaxing; just what we are looking for.

I was waffling about going back to Orient Beach, and thought maybe we'd try Le Galion, but your pictures/review have made my decision easy. Palm Beach :)

Oh, definitely give this a try. I think you will like it!

This is such a great balcony picture & I have a whole year till my next cruise on the Freedom, so I've made this my computer wallpaper. I can sit and pretend I'm really on the ship...lol :)

DSC03435_zps83bce8dc.jpg

Patty.....thanks for hanging in here with me! Next week on Freedom' date=' we had the new Chops menu and there were several new desserts on there. Some new things to pick from.....but they have the audacity to keep "Mud Pie" on the menu. We suggested that they call it something else as it is surely NOT Mud Pie!![/size']
the mud pie is my husbands favorite!! :(

This is such a great balcony picture & I have a whole year till my next cruise on the Freedom, so I've made this my computer wallpaper. I can sit and pretend I'm really on the ship...lol :)

Great!! I do the same thing!!

Hey .....maybe we can have a Mud Pie Revolution!!

The view from the Frozen Yogurt machine this afternoon!

DSC03605_zps67fc771e.jpg

View from our cabin this afternoon:

DSC03607_zpsb8e8245b.jpg

Drinks in the CL:

DSC03613_zps116e2987.jpg

Tonight we had reservations at Giovanni's Table. We were able to pay for this the first night and use our BOGO's. The last two times we ate at a GT's....it was just not good. We've also had very good experiences at other GT's. So we would see what this night would bring. We had a great waitress.....Mimi. She laughed and had a great time with us. The food was really good tonight. We had a lot of appetizers.....all good. I got the beef tenderloin......great. John got the lamb. The desserts are still very, very lacking here, though. None of them are good! We both got the little mousse thing. it was just OK.

DSC03614_zps131ee329.jpg

DSC03615_zpsea79c5f8.jpg

DSC03616_zps3a975ba9.jpg

Thursday ~ May 1st ~ San Juan

We arrived early in San Juan this morning and we would be leaving early as well. We've been to San Juan many times, so we were making this a Wi-Fi day. There are a lot of neat things to see in Old San Juan, though. If you haven't been.....be sure to explore. We got off the ship around 9:30.

DSC03625_zps978ad057.jpg

First we went to CVS to pick up a couple of things we needed. There is a nice CVS right there on the waterfront.

Then we walked up to the Starbuck's (right behind the Sheraton). We each got an hour of Wi-Fi here. We got caught up on e-mail, etc.

Here's the Senor Frog's Mobile:

DSC03627_zpse3ca862e.jpg

Starbucks:

DSC03628_zps43e85de9.jpg

DSC03629_zpsb46feb06.jpg

We took a leisurely walk back to the ship.....mainly because my sandals were rubbing a blister on my foot!!

DSC03630_zps9d93c88f.jpg

There was a long line to get onto the pier. Be sure and have a photo ID here. The line took so long because people did not have their sea pass cards AND ID's out ready to show the security people.

DSC03631_zps0f4656a5.jpg

We got off Indy on 4/20! We were on the 8-day (same itinerary as your second week). We would have loved to been able to do that 6-day as well. Some day...sigh...

Lots of good hints on beaches!

Looking forward to more of the review and photos!