Is Princess charging room service fees fleet wide or only on the Regal?

4cats4me

I also think they should get a couple free evenings in the specialty restaurants depending on length of cruise, but that's JMHO.

One free specialty dinner on embarkation evening is a suite benefit & agree that it should be adjusted depending upon the length of the cruise:

"Complimentary cover charge for one of the specialty restaurants on embarkation evening*

http://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships/PrincessSuite_eFlyer.pdf

Edited by Astro Flyer

One free specialty dinner on embarkation evening is a suite benefit & agree that it should be adjusted depending upon the length of the cruise:

"Complimentary cover charge for one of the specialty restaurants on embarkation evening*

http://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships/PrincessSuite_eFlyer.pdf

I think they should give the suite guest the option of which day they want the free benefit (and we both agree additional nights depending on length of cruise). Some cruises leave late and sometimes you want to eat on land. But I don't make the rules; I think they only offer it on the first night because it is the least busy.

Edited by Love.II.Cruise

I think they should give the suite guest the option of which day they want the free benefit (and we both agree additional nights depending on length of cruise). Some cruises leave late and sometimes you want to eat on land. But I don't make the rules; I think they only offer it on the first night because it is the least busy.

I agree that suite passengers should have the option of what evening they want it because specialty dining rooms are rarely full. Although if you're like me, suite benefits are nothing I'll ever experience. :p

Edited by Astro Flyer

Horizon Court is already a zoo for breakfast and dining room is often slow and on last cruise food was often cold. Can only get worse by adding the room service fee. More people will go to HC to get a quick breakfast or opt for dining room. Wonder if they will improve these options? Highly doubt it.

I agree that suite passengers should have the option of what evening they want it because specialty dining rooms are rarely full. Although if you're like me, suite benefits are nothing I'll ever experience. :p

LOL! We think alike! We've never sailed in a suite on any cruise line, but at least we get to cruise! :D

LOL! We think alike! We've never sailed in a suite on any cruise line, but at least we get to cruise! :D

Yep...more days in steerage instead of far fewer days in a suite works for me! :D

Guess it's time to stop hijacking this thread & to knockoff the levity. ;)

See, you just didn't read what I wrote. You read what you wanted to read.

I stated "remove auto tipping" Never once did I say not to tip. That was just what you AND OTHERS wanted to read and then jump all over me.

The Cheerleaders of Princess will always accept what is thrust upon them, I understand that. Sad as it is, that, like death and taxes, is just a fact of life.

No that is because the only information in your post about was was to remove the autotips.

Oh show me in the post where you said continue to tip. The only statement about tipping was to remove the auto tips.

Each of the people that beat you up about the post beat you up for exactly the same statement the removal of auto tips.

Let me rephrase my comment is in light of your newly provided information

So if you have said remove auto tips, but continue to tip the same amount manually, you would not have gotten beaten up.

So if you have said remove auto tips, but continue to tip the same amount manually, you would not have gotten beaten up.

It makes no sense to me to remove auto tips because any manually given cash tip has to go into the tip pool or the crewmember faces termination if they keep it.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Several cruises ago, we watched a man empty the cream carfe and fill it with coffee.

Now, if the new room service goes fleet wide, I can just imagine everyone ordering coffee on the first morning, keeping the container and filling it each day at the HC!

Or, an increase in passengers bringing their own coffee appliance.

Let's just hope the final decision on the cost will be $3 per cabin not per occupant.

Shirley

Several cruises ago, we watched a man empty the cream carfe and fill it with coffee.

Now, if the new room service goes fleet wide, I can just imagine everyone ordering coffee on the first morning, keeping the container and filling it each day at the HC!

Or, an increase in passengers bringing their own coffee appliance.

Let's just hope the final decision on the cost will be $3 per cabin not per occupant.

Shirley

Let's hope that the final decision is that they realize that the charge was a bad idea and it goes away.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

People were just making points about breach of contract, etc. Unfortunately that doesn't apply in this case. It's possible there could be a criminal/legistlative remedy, but as written, the contract pretty means Princess can do whatever they want as long as its legal.

Thanks, now do you wish to tackle the ethical issue??? Then you might wish to give some thought to the loyalty issue! :D

This thread is certainly getting a lot of attention...and so it should...in the continuing process of the cruise lines taking away the feeling of luxury it is not surprising for the $10 Alfredo's fee...but the room service fee certainly is! :eek:

Sorry, I don't know if this question has been asked and answered but I don't want to go through 14 pages of replies to find out. If 2 people order breakfast is the $3.00 charged per person or per cabin?

Sorry, I don't know if this question has been asked and answered but I don't want to go through 14 pages of replies to find out. If 2 people order breakfast is the $3.00 charged per person or per cabin?

Supposedly it is per person. Some have asked "how do they know?" They will ask you for how many the food is for when you call, and then they will give you silverware for the number you stated.

Never be sorry for asking a question on these boards! ;)

Edited by Love.II.Cruise

Supposedly it is per person. Some have asked "how do they know?" They will ask you for how many the food is for when you call, and then they will give you silverware for the number you stated.

;)

Guess DH and I will be sharing a fork.

Never be sorry for asking a question on these boards! ;)

Where did you get that from? I've seen nothing to indicate that.

I am booked on Royal in September. I was very excited about trying the expanded Alfredo's, but I don't think it's worth $20 for DH and I. Very disappointed that we probably will not eat there if the fee is rolled out to Royal. I only use room service for a quick breakfast on early port mornings, but don't wish to pay $6 more for DH and I, so I guess we'll get up a few minutes earlier and head to HC.

However, I'd like to say I have a couple thoughts about this that I don't think anyone has mentioned. You could say I've been a Princess cheerleader; I've sailed on 6 lines, and Princess and Celebrity are my favorites. I've encouraged many people to try Princess, because I think they offer a nice onboard balance, especially for those of us who are looking for more elegance and relaxation than party atmosphere. I was not aware of any other lines charging for room service during the day, although one poster mentioned Cunard did (but not for coffee/tea). Anyway, now with so many increases in so many fees in the past couple years, and Princess now being, I think, one of the few to charge for daytime room service, I really feel that I won't ever recommend Princess again. It's almost embarrassing to recommend a cruise line, and then have friends come away feeling nickel and dimed all over the ship. If others feel that way as well, it could hurt their bottom line, because word of mouth recommendations can add a lot to bookings and the bottom line.

My other thought is that in the past, I've really felt very positive about my Princess experience, and as a result, felt really willing to add to their bottom line with some onboard spending. My biggest charges are for shore excursions - often totaling over $1000 - as I book a Princess excursion in almost every port I visit. But I really don't feel so positive about Princess any longer. The increased fees are disturbing enough, but the way it appears this was implemented - just spring it on people after they've boarded - is also very disturbing, and makes me feel somewhat negatively about Princess. As a result, I think I will seriously investigate private tours, because I feel like I don't want to disembark with a large bill and add to their profits.

I sincerely hope Princess will reconsider their strategies and business decisions. I am now more apt to book Princess less often, spend less while on board, and refrain from recommending Princess. If others feel the same way, these could be unintended consequences resulting from these new fees.

Where did you get that from? I've seen nothing to indicate that.

LOL, honestly... flat out guess! They always ask how many people it is for when you order room service, so I'm guessing that is what they are going to base it on. But I'm open to other guesses. ;)

I'd really like to see their reaction to 14 boxes of cereal and one spoon though. :D

LOL, honestly... flat out guess! They always ask how many people it is for when you order room service, so I'm guessing that is what they are going to base it on. But I'm open to other guesses. ;)

I'd really like to see their reaction to 14 boxes of cereal and one spoon though. :D

Too funny. They already have a $3 delivery fee in place for pizza from room service. This just sounds to me that they are extending it to all items, but it's not per person :)

I am booked on Royal in September. I was very excited about trying the expanded Alfredo's, but I don't think it's worth $20 for DH and I. Very disappointed that we probably will not eat there if the fee is rolled out to Royal. I only use room service for a quick breakfast on early port mornings, but don't wish to pay $6 more for DH and I, so I guess we'll get up a few minutes earlier and head to HC.

However, I'd like to say I have a couple thoughts about this that I don't think anyone has mentioned. You could say I've been a Princess cheerleader; I've sailed on 6 lines, and Princess and Celebrity are my favorites. I've encouraged many people to try Princess, because I think they offer a nice onboard balance, especially for those of us who are looking for more elegance and relaxation than party atmosphere. I was not aware of any other lines charging for room service during the day, although one poster mentioned Cunard did (but not for coffee/tea). Anyway, now with so many increases in so many fees in the past couple years, and Princess now being, I think, one of the few to charge for daytime room service, I really feel that I won't ever recommend Princess again. It's almost embarrassing to recommend a cruise line, and then have friends come away feeling nickel and dimed all over the ship. If others feel that way as well, it could hurt their bottom line, because word of mouth recommendations can add a lot to bookings and the bottom line.

My other thought is that in the past, I've really felt very positive about my Princess experience, and as a result, felt really willing to add to their bottom line with some onboard spending. My biggest charges are for shore excursions - often totaling over $1000 - as I book a Princess excursion in almost every port I visit. But I really don't feel so positive about Princess any longer. The increased fees are disturbing enough, but the way it appears this was implemented - just spring it on people after they've boarded - is also very disturbing, and makes me feel somewhat negatively about Princess. As a result, I think I will seriously investigate private tours, because I feel like I don't want to disembark with a large bill and add to their profits.

I sincerely hope Princess will reconsider their strategies and business decisions. I am now more apt to book Princess less often, spend less while on board, and refrain from recommending Princess. If others feel the same way, these could be unintended consequences resulting from these new fees.

I feel the same way and it saddens & disappoints me to feel this way about the cruise line who has provided us with our best cruise experience within our budget. Hopefully Princess HQ will realize what a bad decision they've made & will rescind these changes before the negative PR news spreads even further. :(

Edited by Astro Flyer

Too funny. They already have a $3 delivery fee in place for pizza from room service. This just sounds to me that they are extending it to all items, but it's not per person :)

As far as the per person fee, I'm only saying that based on the OP and similar comments afterwards. Whether that per person fee sticks or not is debatable. Actually, I guess if any of this sticks is debatable. :p Either way, I appreciate you liked my humor! :D

Edited by Love.II.Cruise

I read on FB that on the Regal, when one orders a mixed drink, they are being charged an additional separate charge of $.75 for the mixer beverage used to make the drink!!

If true, that's really pushing the nickel-ing and dime-ing to a whole new level.

I find that new practice very offensive. It makes you think about just taking your own alcohol along.

Does this mean that the charge goes up to $12 if 4 of us share a pizza delivered to the room?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk