Should I upgrade?

This is a pure guess........just like everyone else's posts.

MY guess is that they will clear out inventory by putting the ship on the Tuesday sale. You would not be eligible for this pricing since these are strictly for new bookings only.

I thought that if you spent at least $1 more for your upgrade, they would let you upgrade on a Tuesday sale. A lot of people have posted this, anyway.

Edited by marci22

I thought that if you spent at least $1 more for your upgrade, they would let you upgrade on a Tuesday sale. A lot of people have posted this, anyway.

I have read different outcomes. I guess that my point is: don't count on it!

After all, who thought that they would make the clever business decision to make NCC's almost worthless! :eek:

Yeah I wouldn't count on it, but I would try for it. I would keep saying, "I want to pay more money". That phrase seems to get to them.

Looks like D8 is the only category on that Tuesday sale. Seems like they don't have that much inventory. June 28 is right after a lot of high school graduations.

I'd still gamble and chance it, though. And I'd be satisfied with my inside if it didn't work out.

Weird that inside guarantees are the same price as an assigned D8. And balcony guarantees are more, too. My head is starting to hurt.

Edited by marci22

How can you tell how many cabins are available on Royals sight? I have never been able to find that.

You can't tell from Royal's website unless there are under 15 cabins left. (maximum they show is 15).

There are other sites, referenced above but not named, that may allow you to view more cabins at once.

Best way to know is to call directly.

This is a pure guess........just like everyone else's posts.

MY guess is that they will clear out inventory by putting the ship on the Tuesday sale. You would not be eligible for this pricing since these are strictly for new bookings only.

You COULD call and try to convince someone to let you upgrade, but don't expect success, in that instance.

JMO, of course.

Edited to add: Your cruise IS on this week's Tuesday sale. http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event.pdf It's the same $371 price difference available to you now on the website.

My advice? Not worth it. But I'm not spending your money. I wouldn't have booked the interior in the first place! ;) :D

I am not sure what you mean by "I wouldn't have booked the interior in the first place!". It beats staying home on the July 4th week. You are contradicting yourself when you say that and its not worth the upgrade in the same sentence. 828 for an inside is a steal for that week.

I am not sure what you mean by "I wouldn't have booked the interior in the first place!". It beats staying home on the July 4th week. You are contradicting yourself when you say that and its not worth the upgrade in the same sentence. 828 for an inside is a steal for that week.

Then why are you even thinking of changing? Enjoy your cabin and enjoy your cruise! :)

(I would skip the cruise rather than do an interior; that's *my* choice. That was what I meant! :))

Then why are you even thinking of changing? Enjoy your cabin and enjoy your cruise! :)

(I would skip the cruise rather than do an interior; that's *my* choice. That was what I meant! :))

I usually go with a inside to get on the ship and then upgrade to a balcony if and when the price is right. The question is when is the price right. I am fine with either the balcony or the inside. What type of cabin does Merion Mom usually fly in?

I usually go with a inside to get on the ship and then upgrade to a balcony if and when the price is right. The question is when is the price right. I am fine with either the balcony or the inside. What type of cabin does Merion Mom usually fly in?

Merion Mom (;)) is fortunate to have cruised enough to get the highest possible balcony discount. It is therefore often very close in price to have a balcony cabin with the balcony discount to what *she* would have to pay for an interior.

:D

Merion Mom (;)) is fortunate to have cruised enough to get the highest possible balcony discount. It is therefore often very close in price to have a balcony cabin with the balcony discount to what *she* would have to pay for an interior.

:D

That is very good, I did not know that was even possible.

That is very good, I did not know that was even possible.

You are going to LOVE the Oasis. You will be so busy trying to do EVERY activity, that you will spend little time in your cabin.

Don't forget to ride the carousel. It is NOT "just for kids"!!!

I hope that you booked all of your entertainment and have a reservation at the Comedy Club. Simeon, the host, is worth it all by himself! :D

You are going to LOVE the Oasis. You will be so busy trying to do EVERY activity, that you will spend little time in your cabin.

Don't forget to ride the carousel. It is NOT "just for kids"!!!

I hope that you booked all of your entertainment and have a reservation at the Comedy Club. Simeon, the host, is worth it all by himself! :D

I have everything booked, and I will have a great time. I have been on her sister ship and it was great. As far as the cabin I think I will just sit back and see if the balcony comes closer in price to the inside at this point. We will see what happens. Thanks for your help.

I've tried waiting for prices to drop and checking to see how many rooms are on offer. These on offer rooms are to passengers prepared to pay the current asking price.

Cruise lines also operate a minimum guaranteed grade booking price. You might not know your room number till as late as turning up fotr embarkation.

They might show say 100 rooms as unsold. They might have 95 paid on guaranteed minimum room rates. If they take 5 more bookings, suddenly they're sold out.

So, don't be misled by what they show as available as you don't know how many guaranteed bookings they're sitting on but not yet allocated.

If you want and can afford a balcony cabin, go for it.

If your happy with the inside, then save the $300pp.

Enjoy whatever you choose.

I am on Oasis in June for 828.00 per person, inside cabin. I can upgrade to a balcony for 371.00 per person. It looks like there are 82 balcony cabins left on Royal's sight. I am not sure if they list all balcony that are left, maybe there is more then 82? What should I do, buy now or wait it out a little longer.

For over $700 I would not...assuming you are sailing with 2 in a cabin. Also a balcony cabin could be a CP or BW... is it ocean view?

Edited by Wilda

[quote name='IMF']
Cruise lines also operate a minimum guaranteed grade booking price. You might not know your room number till as late as turning up fotr embarkation.
They might show say 100 rooms as unsold. They might have 95 paid on guaranteed minimum room rates. If they take 5 more bookings, suddenly they're sold out.
So, don't be misled by what they show as available as you don't know how many guaranteed bookings they're sitting on but not yet allocated.[/QUOTE]

This is true. I've seen entire categories vanish overnight, never to return. But I've also seen them raise prices for 3 weeks straight, after final, and then suddenly everything is dirt cheap.

It's always a gamble because they never price things the same way, consistently.