Should I upgrade?

I am on Oasis in June for 828.00 per person, inside cabin. I can upgrade to a balcony for 371.00 per person. It looks like there are 82 balcony cabins left on Royal's sight. I am not sure if they list all balcony that are left, maybe there is more then 82? What should I do, buy now or wait it out a little longer.

I am on Oasis in June for 828.00 per person, inside cabin. I can upgrade to a balcony for 371.00 per person. It looks like there are 82 balcony cabins left on Royal's sight. I am not sure if they list all balcony that are left, maybe there is more then 82? What should I do, buy now or wait it out a little longer.

If you buy now, you can still get the benefit of a price drop until final payment date. However, cruises in the summer usually command higher prices because of it being family vacation time.

If you buy now, you can still get the benefit of a price drop until final payment date. However, cruises in the summer usually command higher prices because of it being family vacation time.

I am inside final payment, we are five weeks from sale.

I am inside final payment, we are five weeks from sale.

Sorry, I thought it said 2015 on your signature. If you are OK in the inside, then I'd wait longer. It would not be worth over $700 for the upgrade to me.

Looking at a pricing website. Eastern fares have been holding more than Western for Balcony cabins.

There was some sort of sale on 4/5-7 for a low of $904 for balcony so far.

If prices were to fall $999 would be my predicted low fare, but it is so hard to second guess this with so many variables.

Sorry, I thought it said 2015 on your signature. If you are OK in the inside, then I'd wait longer. It would not be worth over $700 for the upgrade to me.

Do you think the price will go lower? The 82 does not include D1. It is close to 100 balcony still available. I would love a balcony but I am ok inside. Is that a large number left with 5 weeks to go?

Do you think the price will go lower? The 82 does not include D1. It is close to 100 balcony still available. I would love a balcony but I am ok inside. Is that a large number left with 5 weeks to go?

Impossible to tell what the price will do. If you really want the balcony, then you should go for it.

Ok I did a quick glance of the balcony cabins that are left as of this morning.

There were:

D8-4, D7-14, D6-16, D5-7, D3-2, D2-2, D1=2 B2-8, B1-3, C1-14 of course there were guarantee balcony choices also.

My personal opinion is (if you are interested), that is a good amount of balcony cabins left (72) so the price will probably drop. With only 5 weeks to go, RC does not want to sail with 72 empty cabins. Keep in mind, I didn't count all of the other open cabins, just the ocean balcony and the BW and CP.

I am a gambler, I would wait a few more weeks. No matter what you decide, I hope you have a great cruise, the Oasis is a fabulous ship! :D

There were:

D8-4, D7-14, D6-16, D5-7, D3-2, D2-2, D1=2 B2-8, B1-3, C1-14 of course there were guarantee balcony choices also.

My personal opinion is (if you are interested), that is a good amount of balcony cabins left (72) so the price will probably drop. With only 5 weeks to go, RC does not want to sail with 72 empty cabins. Keep in mind, I didn't count all of the other open cabins, just the ocean balcony and the BW and CP.

I am a gambler, I would wait a few more weeks. No matter what you decide, I hope you have a great cruise, the Oasis is a fabulous ship! :D

Where did you see this info, I seen 15 at D8 and over 100 ocean Balcony left. I would like to view your info site.

Where did you see this info, I seen 15 at D8 and over 100 ocean Balcony left. I would like to view your info site.

I am 'scanning the Sea' and have much more inventory. I show 19 D-8 and 23 D-5's, for instance.

If I really felt we were really are OK in an inside, I'd save the $372 per person for other stuff. While we enjoy a balcony, we'd enjoy other extras moreand just do not spend much time on the balcony on that class of ship. Of course there are others who would spend the extra money for the balcony in a heartbeat. your money, your vacation, your call.

it is hard to know if prices will drop. it is even hard to know the true availability. while you can see that balconies are available, it is hard to know how many people are holding guaranteed balcony reservations and are awaiting assignments. If many gty's were sold, when those folks are assigned, the number of balcony cabins showing as available could drop dramatically over night.

Looking at a pricing website. Eastern fares have been holding more than Western for Balcony cabins.

There was some sort of sale on 4/5-7 for a low of $904 for balcony so far.

If prices were to fall $999 would be my predicted low fare, but it is so hard to second guess this with so many variables.

Can you please share this website?

Thanks

I believe that Royal will not display all inventory to all cruise web sites. I have on several occasions entered a cabin number on the Royal Caribbean site and a cabin will show available there, but not on the site you mention, or my favorite "cruise" booking site, so you can't always make assumptions on what is available that way.

For instance, at the moment cabin 10329 shows available on the Royal site for the 8/2 Oasis cruise, but not on others (until maybe you search for it). In fact, I've fouind some of the 10325-10329 cabins will not show up unless you search for them (maybe to allow people who know their value to request them, and not allow someone unappreciative to book them!).

In fact, it would behoove Royal not to always show full inventory as people might wait to book cabins otherwise, and force the price down...

If you google for 'cruise fare alerts' it will help you to catch that site.

Thanks, I'm pretty sure I found it... does $4.95/5 alerts sound right? I signed up and set up alerts for the 2 sailings I am watching, and it looks to have all the info I was hoping for.

A~

There were:

The one potential problem with waiting is they may put in on their Tuesday sale to clear out the excess inventory at a great price but that sale is only good for new bookings.

But I agree with you I would gamble but I'm OK with an inside cabin especially on Oasis or allure with so much to do.

Edited by Karter

This is a pure guess........just like everyone else's posts.

MY guess is that they will clear out inventory by putting the ship on the Tuesday sale. You would not be eligible for this pricing since these are strictly for new bookings only.

You COULD call and try to convince someone to let you upgrade, but don't expect success, in that instance.

JMO, of course.

Edited to add: Your cruise IS on this week's Tuesday sale. http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event.pdf It's the same $371 price difference available to you now on the website.

My advice? Not worth it. But I'm not spending your money. I wouldn't have booked the interior in the first place! ;) :D

Edited by Merion_Mom

This is a pure guess........just like everyone else's posts.

MY guess is that they will clear out inventory by putting the ship on the Tuesday sale. You would not be eligible for this pricing since these are strictly for new bookings only.

You COULD call and try to convince someone to let you upgrade, but don't expect success, in that instance.

JMO, of course.

Since we are playing a guessing game, do you think it will be this Tuesday?