T/A and 24hr hold question?

Why not just call your TA and have them call in for the discount? Most sales are for longer than 1 or two days (tho some you do have to get them early).

If you are looking at your cruise in 34 days, I suspect the most you can do is hope to get the upgrade to a higher priced cabin. You are well past the final payment date on this cruise.

You could put the 24 hour hold on the cabin, but you would lose the one you already have. I try to find the cabin that I want to stay in, and then ask for discounts as the pricing changes.

I have received 2 discounts for my 2015 cruises, and 1 for my 2016 cruise. I just acted quickly when I got the price update e-mail.

Edited by Valiamo

If you booked with a T/A and you see a price drop on Royal's site can you put a 24hr hold on a cabin and then have your T/A switch you into the new cabin the next day?

Assuming that you can't get ahold of your TA to take advantage of the price drop immediately then yes this is a good idea. It will protect you and guarantee you the lower rate if the prices do rise. If by the time you get a hold of your TA the prices have not changed then you will not have to cancel and re book but just get a price adjustment.

If you booked with a T/A and you see a price drop on Royal's site can you put a 24hr hold on a cabin and then have your T/A switch you into the new cabin the next day?

I have done exactly this if there is a cabin I want to switch to.Then call the TA the next day and cancel the hold while on the phone and the TA picks it up. However not sure how this works with price drop. I suppose you would work this out with TA.

If you are worried about all of the D8 cabins disappearing, I want you to know that there are currently 17 left.

Hope that helps.

:)