I Guess I'll Stop Complaining.........

sail7seas

Sail

Very happy that you are able to be on "your" Maasdam for your and DHs special days. I know you were looking for something special. So glad you found it :)

I will also continue the "Love Fest" *LOL* and agree with Keith and Gina, :)

CAN WE GET A GROUP HUG HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *LOL*

Alle the cruises you have planned sound so wonderful

ENJOY!!!!!!!!! :)

Babyher...... You're so sweet. :) Thank you.

Perhaps I missed it? Did you back out of the HAL-O-Ween Dam Cruise? If so, I'm sorry ... it is only 5. :)

Rev.... :) Back Out!!!?

I didn't back out of the HAL-O-Ween Dam Cruise.....I Never Booked It. I considered it but I never booked it. Who knows .....maybe I still might??? :)

Rev.... :) Back Out!!!?

I didn't back out of the HAL-O-Ween Dam Cruise.....I Never Booked It. I considered it but I never booked it. Who knows .....maybe I still might??? :)

S7s: I believe you are still on Ziggy's list of attendees. We certainly hope it is so.

MarkB

GREG........ :) Yes, I guess you're right. I forgot the back-to-back is two cruises. Wooo Hoo.......Five cruises and 48 days aboard to look forward to.

s7s .... You're making me feel better! :D Like you, I count a B2B as ONE cruise. :D That's why I just say that we've been on 40+ cruises because I know I have 44 photo cruise ship albums and the B2B's seem like one cruise.

Actually, it's not what we've done .... It's what we're GOING TO DO! So happy you have a GREAT cruise schedule for the next year!

Happy Sailing! OCruisers :)

s7s .... You're making me feel better! :D Like you, I count a B2B as ONE cruise. :D That's why I just say that we've been on 40+ cruises because I know I have 44 photo cruise ship albums and the B2B's seem like one cruise.

Actually, it's not what we've done .... It's what we're GOING TO DO! So happy you have a GREAT cruise schedule for the next year!

Happy Sailing! OCruisers

:) That is certainly a lot of cruises you have taken. I sure wish you many,many more wonderful ones to enjoy.

The only time I have made a point of back-to-back being two cruises is when trying to get AmEx Platinum benefits for each cruise. I always book them with different confirmation numbers so they reflect as two cruises. Doesn't work. HAL arbitrarily denies the Platinum benefit. :)

Oh.....also with Mariners' Society. They had neglected to add all of those days into our total count. The last time I checked with them to compare their records with ours, they had omitted about 70+ days as they did not consider the second segment of the back-to-back in our total count. When I gave them the dates of those cruises, they corrected their records (I think??? ) :)

MARK ......

I'll have to 'speak' with Ziggy to have her correct her records. Thank you for making me feel like I'd be welcome if, in the end, we do decide to book it.

I just told my DH today that my goal was to be just like Sail and cruise about every 3 months. He said that probably wasn't likely in my lifetime. I still feel very fortunate to be able to take 2 cruises a year. Your schedule sounds great and booking ahead makes so much sense in today's market. Enjoy your planning. Hopefully some day we will cross paths on one of Holland's beautiful ships. It would be my pleasure to treat you to a cocktail or two for all the wonderful info you have shared.

Sandy Beach......How nice. The pleasure would be all mine. I hope we do meet up on a ship some day soon.

There are so many here I'd really enjoy meeting.

It was a wonderful pleasure meeting Grannynurse on our recent Maasdam cruise and I know I'd enjoy meeting so many other CC'ers. One can only hope.

[quote name=sail7seas

Lisa.....it seems we lately are so close to being on the same ship at the same time and miss it by mere weeks. We have to try harder to finally said at the same time. I'd really enjoy meeting you.

Sail, I do hope that one of these days we can meet on a cruise. Who knows maybe in 2007 since it looks like we are both getting booked for 2006, but then again we have a 6 months span of no cruising in 2006. I would consider going back on the Maasdam with you but I have already ran out of vacation days. I think I have maybe 2 to 3 more days I could manage to take which is just not enought time for a full cruise:o

:)

Oh.....also with Mariners' Society. They had neglected to add all of those days into our total count. The last time I checked with them to compare their records with ours, they had omitted about 70+ days as they did not consider the second segment of the back-to-back in our total count. When I gave them the dates of those cruises, they corrected their records (I think??? ) :)

s7s .... Thanks for pointing this out!

Happy Sailing! OCruisers :)

I spent this past weekend in Vancouver and visited some ships including Zaandam and a Celebrity Cruises ship. While Celebrity might have a 'wow' factor, they are very deco, sterile, even clinical in its interior design, colors, etc.

I glanced over to see the Veendam (even before her SOE to be forthcoming) and felt an amazing sense of homesickness. Nothing compares to the rich, nautical décor and tradition of HAL. Change happens .. change is more constant these days than not, in fact. I had forgotten about experiencing "HAL envy" when on other ships in port until this past weekend in Vancouver.

Further details and photos are forthcoming.

Hey I saw you on the Zaandam the day we boarded (July 30)-- I KNEW I recognized you from somewhere, later I thought it must be from the internet and vowed if I spotted you again I would ask you if you were the one with the website. But I never saw you again. Are you allowed to board and then get off? The Zaandam is truly a beautiful ship, there was one beautiful oil painting I saw by the stairwell that was done by a ship captain in 2000, I found that almost unbelievable. Do you know anything about that?

Hey I saw you on the Zaandam the day we boarded (July 30)-- I KNEW I recognized you from somewhere, later I thought it must be from the internet and vowed if I spotted you again I would ask you if you were the one with the website. But I never saw you again. Are you allowed to board and then get off? The Zaandam is truly a beautiful ship, there was one beautiful oil painting I saw by the stairwell that was done by a ship captain in 2000, I found that almost unbelievable. Do you know anything about that?

I am sure the painting you saw was done by our own CC member PRINSENDAM aka Stephen Card. If you go thru some of the past threads you will find info about Stephen and his paintings.

Try this website for more info

http://www.vdleek.nl/Art/Card/Card-1.html

sail, congratulations on your latest bookings! I was hoping you'd pick Maasdam for your special celebrations, knowing how much this fine ship means to you and your DH.

It looks like we may miss you by a week, though. :( We were thinking of booking for the 19th with a Saturday night stay in Montreal. Yet, that is not completely set at this point, as we still have to find out when my husband's school year starts in 2006. A return on the 27th may be too late, so there's a slight chance we may book for the 12th and spend a night in Montreal pre-cruise. I'll keep you posted.

We just got HAPPY, HAPPY News!!!

Our best friends heard about our choice for cruise to celebrate our birthdays and they have put a deposit to sail with us. I can't tell you how excited I am they will be there with us. My DH and the other man have been friends since they were boys together. The wife and I are the best of best friends and we really love these people.

Archived