Jewel Internet Costs / Any Benefit for Platinum Members?

Could you please advise what internet options exist on JOS? Rates for Ship computers? Same options exist for personal I-Pad? Any coupons for Platinum Members?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Could you please advise what internet options exist on JOS? Rates for Ship computers? Same options exist for personal I-Pad? Any coupons for Platinum Members?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Platinum members get 15% or $7.50 (whichever is greater) off an internet package. I believe Jewel still charges by the minute, starting at $0.85/minute. Packages will reduce the per minute price.

Edited by clarea

• 2 months later...

If you already sailed then I'm interest to know about how was the internet on the Jewel OTS. I know Jewel OTS has not undergone refurbishment yet... is there in-room internet or only in public areas? How is the speed?

Thanks

Ron

If you already sailed then I'm interest to know about how was the internet on the Jewel OTS. I know Jewel OTS has not undergone refurbishment yet... is there in-room internet or only in public areas? How is the speed?

Thanks

Ron

Jewel only has internet in about a half-dozen hotspots about the ship. No in-room internet.

Thanks

Ron

I believe on our last cruise, I was able to pick up a signal on our balcony, as it was a Jr. Suite on Deck 10, (1548) which is directly below one of the hot spot areas. However, some of the hot spots (Solarium) are really not that "hot". The best signal to be had on the Jewel was in the Centrum. The speed is not great--compared to what I have experienced on other ships like Allure.

Jewel only has internet in about a half-dozen hotspots about the ship. No in-room internet.

Given how frustratingly slow internet is on any ship I've been on, I don't see why people bother. Its a challenge just to catch up on email or check the weather back home. Not worth it.

although a hassle , sometimes people MUST use the internet on the ship

back in 2011 , on the allure , my wife was required to participate in an online meeting for school , it was an unfortunate scheduling problem ,but we bought the package and we had great in room internet access on the tv:)

so ya gotta do what ya gotta do;)

dave